Final score 22-10, going down to the Magpies.
- We were beaten in the middle to start the game. Ofahengaue was very solid for them and their other forwards punched through well in the middle.
- Two of the kiwis in the Magpies side, Ruatapu Ngatikaura and Tukimihia Simpkins looked solid
- We lacked direction in the halves with a new combo of Farr and Roache/Doyle. Farr also dropped a couple cold in wet conditions.
- Kasey Badger had us on a big 10 for large chunks of the game, which didn't help things.
- Maui'u minutes were odd - had the first 20ish and last 10. Him and Sifakula were well contained. Sifakula is a big human though!
- Selumiela Halasima played well, but got caught out a couple of times on D.
- Taine Tuaupiki was solid, apart from being caught out of position on a couple of grubbers. Would have been great to see him on a dry track though.
- Berry definitely looks more solid than last year. However, he limped off with 2 mins to after a solid line break (beat his opposite on the outside, but his 40m run ended in a failed flick pass) - looked like a cork on the thigh. Hopefully not a return of the foot injury that has hampered him early in the year. Definitely looks more ready for first grade than Leiataua, who is a big dude and has some spark, but is still working on his D and needs to get involved more in the tough carries department.