Sports Auckland 2024 A-League Team

Insane prices! And they don’t even mention giving free merch with that membership. Are there a lot more games in an A league season?
Will apparently be 12 games at MSS next season. Unsure if finals games are included in the membership or not

Really love the club honouring Aucklands rich medieval history with that name :rolleyes:. Surely they could have come up with something more apt like the Volcanoes or JAFAs or Traffic Jams.

I feel for them. They will have a great honeymoon period with fans but if they don't measure up they will be another team to fall by the wayside as fans abandon them in droves. New Zealanders, and Aucklanders in particular, don't like losers except for the Warriors who can thank a hardcore league fan base and the Blues who are backed by a cashed up organisation and sponsors. Really hope they pull it off or the investors will go the way of Tainui when they owned the Warriors and were haemorrhaging money left and right...

It was amazing to see the crowd in unison at Eden Park yesterday during the 80th minute. Not sure how the new Auckland franchise is going to match that. Pants off maybe?

What’s the salary cap like in the A-League? I would have to imagine it is something like the Super League where they two slots for marquee players who can make a (relative) tonne of money that doesn’t count against the cap?

I ask wondering if they could go crazy and buy Chris Wood, then maybe send him off the Bournemouth if he wants to go back to the EPL after a season here.. what’s the use in having the billionaire owner if you can’t splash some big time cash right lol

Back