Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

eep
Screenshot_20240220-160848_X.jpg

Talking points from the second trial teamlist (and whether this will translate into the round 1 teamlist):
- CNK injury being a great opportunity for Tuaupiki;
- Berry beats Ali to right centre spot;
- Metcalf gets a chance to impress with what we assume will be the Round 1 left side of Ford, RTS and Montoya;
- Barnett starting at prop and Niukore on the bench - meaning the latter will (in my view) definitely likely be in the middle rotation; and
- long list of reserves doesn't make it any clearer what Webby will pick as the bench for round 1, as one would assume Walker is a lock for the first 17 (both figuratively and literally)!

Pretty much the team you'd expect. Shame about CNK but I have a lot of belief in Tuaupiki even if he has to start the season.

Berrysiah to set up a try in the first 5 minutes then quickly thrown into the most expensive cotton wool available.

I guess it is looking like Metcalf will be our 6 to start this season. Let's hope he feeds RTS well in this trial game.
I guess to be honest I was hoping CHT would get the nod, but Luke Metcalf was my second choice. I have been feeling low on TMM in the last few days. He was weak in the All Stars game and didn't show well in the playoff matches last year either. He also has the least offensive skills according the statistical analysis out of all three candidates.

I hope for his sake he has a blinder on Friday and proves all his doubters wrong.

I thought he did a bit of jersey grabbing on the weekend. I think he is a bit fortunate to be getting the nod.
I suspect a factor in who got the nod at six was a very quiet and discrete word behind closed doors with SJ.
"SHaun who do you rate as having the best chemistry with out of the three of them".
Absolutely they had that conversation with Shaun. It might not have carried the day but perhaps Shaun recommended Luke and enjoyed our 9 game winning streak with him last year.

I thought he did a bit of jersey grabbing on the weekend. I think he is a bit fortunate to be getting the nod.
I suspect a factor in who got the nod at six was a very quiet and discrete word behind closed doors with SJ.
"SHaun who do you rate as having the best chemistry with out of the three of them".
Absolutely they had that conversation with Shaun. It might not have carried the day but perhaps Shaun recommended Luke and enjoyed our 9 game winning streak with him last year.
If Shaun and Webster agree that's fine thanks 😊

Back