General Warriors Misc Jersey and Merchandise Thread

I'm with pdb. I think we should make it what it's supposed to be - a heritage round. I don't think a re-hash of the 2001-2002 jersey does it justice, to be honest. I'd rather see something akin to the Ponies, or something like that.

Having said that, having a 2001-2002 throwback jersey in the year that Stacey Jones returns to first grade would be pretty special.

But in general, I really do think we need to look further back than a handful of years.

The reality is though, the warriors don't have a long history. I'm all for something outside of the box, not just a throwback jersey.

I'm thinking Guttenbiel jersey, Rabbitohs 2009 heritage sorta thing. What's some cool "warriors values" that could be pictorially represented? I'll whip something up...

One idea I did have, is a tribute to other NZ sporting franchises... ie. the phoenix or NZ Breakers...

If they're gonna do a NZ RL club that has contributed to the warriors they should do a wellington or canterbury club this time.

No, 13 years is a relatively short history... what a silly question.

Hull FC, for instance, were founded in 1865 - 30 years before the code split in two - they are as old as the oldest football clubs in England of any code.

Oh dont' be ridiculos. Considering their lives could have been cut alot shorter than that, and you still complain. Geeze.

Awen Guttenbiel commemorative

Ai479photobucketcom albums rr156 dei phid07 testimonial jersc5af4d2ffb4fd830ff3f6538913fca9d

This has to be the best design, well by my standards... Love the work on it... Wish I had one for myself...

Attachments

• ai479.photobucket.com_albums_rr156_dei_phid07_testimonial_jersc5af4d2ffb4fd830ff3f6538913fca9d.jpg
    ai479.photobucket.com_albums_rr156_dei_phid07_testimonial_jersc5af4d2ffb4fd830ff3f6538913fca9d.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 6
This has to be the best design, well by my standards... Love the work on it... Wish I had one for myself...

Yeah, it's great, eh, Amie! Unfortunately, the run was really minimal. If only they'd made them for regular release! I'd still love to see that as our Warriors jersey at some stage. Most plebs like me only got a 'Guttenbeil 11 Years' t-shirt...but at least Awen signed mine. Twice! Lol.

You guys heard of php blocker? It's a firefox extension. Does it work on this site?

Skinny... 13 years is a very short club heritage. Blab on about whatever you like, the fact is that the Warriors only have maybe 10 old jersey designs, there's no point in doing throwback jerseys, unless they're the 1995 one and that's already been done. I thought the 2009 heritage jersey was crap, so did the players, judging by the result.

Teams like the Roosters or Rabbitohs have such a long proud history and culture behind their clubs so ideas for heritage jerseys are plentiful. They have 100 years worth of jerseys and legends to pay tribute to. The warriors have 13 years, and for a lot of fans 1995 would still feel like yesterday. Something celebrating nz/auckland/nzrl is the best option.

Well....seeing as the club has the Mt Albert Lions to thank for it's existence and inclusion in the NRL, why not use the orignal Mt Albert Lions jersey as our heritage jersey?

that black and white canturbury shirt you guys put up i think must be the new design cause im seeing those shirts on billboards all over auckland

oh yeah i totally want to get one to remember this awesome season...

Theres no Fai signature on them, no thanks, otherwise I would have got one, just to remember the big fella.

To be honest, I wouldn't have been comfortable with the club potentially making money out of Sonny's signature.

I'm surprised they're not in the $1 bargain bin along with the Confederates Army Jacket, Wairarapa Bush 1998 NPC division 2 jumpers and various other urban legend/failures. Speaking of Confederates, do you guys get 30 Rock (awesome building, by the way - great views)? I reckon that shows classic, they had an episode where the African-American writer is so proud that his great-great-great-great grand-daddy got to serve with Ullyses S Grant but when he shows them the photo its clear its Robert Lee of the Confederates... woops. Don't know why I went off topic there, but the Warriors frankly are depressing.