General Warriors Misc Jersey and Merchandise Thread

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Saw this online and thought it was cool. Missing a few trial jerseys and no idea what the 97 away jersey is. Must be the special they wore against the Bulldogs. At home...

Is it that blue strip (red collar iirc )we wore in the 96 super league trials before they pulled the pin on superleague until 97?

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Here's the Reddit post and comments it came from :

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/7a7l0j/nrl_jersey_history_warriors/

Really cool that somebody did it for each club.

I would love to see somebody turn the full jerseys into little graphics like this poster at some point so that there is an archive which shows the full details rather than just the colours/design :

NZ-ODI-Shirts-history.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

warriors4eva

this shows its not just the warriors that have had some ugly jerseys LOL !!

Go back to the beige NZ Cricket ! haha

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

this shows its not just the warriors that have had some ugly jerseys LOL !!

Go back to the beige NZ Cricket ! haha

Haha I am a sucker for 90s gear, so to me those grey and then teal ones are all awesome.

Probably why I think all of the 90s Warriors jerseys are the best we have had.

Reactions: 2 users
scree

scree

Does anyone else have an official (player cut) CCC jersey with a black stamp for the collar tag?

I have attached a photo of my jersey. This has been stored in a wardrobe for years, never worn. I've pulled it out to potentially sell it and I've noticed this tag has gone sticky. If you look closely at the photo you can see some horizontal black streaks, this was from the coat hanger behind stuck to the tag and rubbing off when moved. It's very tacky and will stick to the other parts of the jersey and then not come off, which is pretty bad for the white material all around it.

Has this happened to any one else? What the hell can I do to save it?

Attachments

• DSC06468.jpg
    DSC06468.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 10

sqiz

Does anyone else have an official (player cut) CCC jersey with a black stamp for the collar tag?

I have attached a photo of my jersey. This has been stored in a wardrobe for years, never worn. I've pulled it out to potentially sell it and I've noticed this tag has gone sticky. If you look closely at the photo you can see some horizontal black streaks, this was from the coat hanger behind stuck to the tag and rubbing off when moved. It's very tacky and will stick to the other parts of the jersey and then not come off, which is pretty bad for the white material all around it.

Has this happened to any one else? What the hell can I do to save it?

Yes most of my jerseys in my collect with that style label have gone that way. Now have a few jerseys with black marks all over them, some of them have never been worn. I have just put a piece of clear plastic over the label to stop in marking ant other jerseys.

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Yeah it's no good! Couple of years there with this style of label, luckily it stopped.

Have Canterbury ever commented on it?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Only ever happened to the 2009 jerseys. If they were washed a couple of times it would be fine but brand new over time the tag went sticky. I contacted CCC about it but they just did the 'we will advise our blah blah blah and get back to you blah'. That was 7 years ago and never heard a word back. A mate of mine who is a printer reckons it is caused by the label being oil based.

I have no idea how to stabilise it. All I've done is put a clear plastic patch over all my jerseys that I dont wear. As you can see from the pics the label has almost completely transferred to the plastic patch. My best advice would be to cover it up ASAP as that black goo will get everywhere and ruin your jersey. Its already ruined my away and Sonny Fai heritage jersey. Too scared to try remove it for fear of making it worse...

2009 jersey label 1
2009 jersey label 2

Reactions: 2 users
scree

scree

Thanks for the comments. Not great, but I'm glad I caught it without much damage being done.

What kind of plastic patch do you use?

Has anyone tried using anything to remove some of the black marks?

Akuma_81

Akuma_81

My old 2009 heritage jersey got ruined by the exact same thing. The black label completely stained the white collar with the sticky, tarry mess! I tried everything from soaking, to stain remover, to the old baking soda and vinegar, but nothing completely removed it unfortunately.
When I got a new 2009 Heritage jersey I took Mt Wellington's advice and put a square of glad wrap over the label immediately.
Living in Brisbane with the high humidity I've had a few jerseys ruined from tags or plastic sponsor labels melting in the wardrobe. I also had the 'Ford' logo on a white super rugby jersey basically melt and ruin the jersey completely.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
What kind of plastic patch do you use?
It was exactly like the one in the pic below cut a little wider than label. Just happened to have one lying around. You can use anything really but I wanted to be able to still see the label and have it looking somewhat tidy so used something thicker than glad wrap...

0008050 generic l folder a4 transparent

Reactions: 1 users
eric

eric

Quite a few bids on this already. What a gesture by SK to donate some of his prized match worn jerseys.

DD8048EF 218F 4752 BB87 3053D4098340

Reactions: 5 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So gutted I'm broke. Would have loved to bid on that jersey. Old original gear like that is getting harder and harder to get. Also getting a lot more expensive! Few people getting into collecting these days...

Reactions: 3 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

The club itself being the seller and the charity aspect definitely encourage people to bid highly too.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The club itself being the seller and the charity aspect definitely encourage people to bid highly too.
Yeah the charity aspect of it adds so much. Then people wonder why they can't sell it for half the price later on. Same thing happened with he ANZAC jerseys and Simon Mannering 250 game jerseys. You buy to keep those sort of things. Warriors jersey collector markets way too small at the moment for any sort of investing...

eric

eric

Wow it’s really getting up there. Just two bidders going head to head for the warriors one. I’ll jump in late if I win powerball tonight lol

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Wonder why that World Cup jersey has gone so crazy, definitely not my pick of the bunch
Ridiculous really. People who dont know what they are bidding on. That split jersey was given to staff and sponsors. There is at least 50 of them out there...

• Haha