General Warriors Jersey Flegg Cup 2018

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
“It’s fantastic to revive the Jersey Flegg in 2018 after a 10-year absence,” NSWRL General Manager of Football Barrie-Jon Mather tells NSWRL.com.au.
Barrie-Jon Mather. Haven't heard that name for years. Former GB international who I'm sure had a stint with Western Reds.

Centurion

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 14, 2015
Auckland
Anyone got intel on the new guys?

Obviously Patrick Elia was a highly sought after signing for them.

Anyone know where Tyler Slade is? Looked like he had potential to be Simon Mannering 2.0 last year.
Injured his shoulder in the first JF/ISP trial. Incredible work ethic, attitude and fitness. His size might find him wanting though.

Unsure how long he'll be out for.

Reactions: mt.wellington

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Injured his shoulder in the first JF/ISP trial. Incredible work ethic, attitude and fitness. His size might find him wanting though.

Unsure how long he'll be out for.
Thanks for that.
He's listed at 6'2, so size shouldn't be an issue as he fills out. Not the most explosive runner of the ball last year, but then again he's only 17. Potential to be a big time defender with a huge motor.

Reactions: Off The Bench

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
Good to hear that the squad has been told to find local clubs and play Premier footy this season if they are not playing Jersey Flegg. I haven't seen the ages of the players, but I hope we have a balance this year, we were too young last year, and after speaking to 2 x Juniors from my local club in OZ, they looked at us as a bunch of kids when they played and bullied them zzzzz lol I don't know how development could be justified last season when teams hammered us at this level. Look forward to better performances this year, seen some of these kids in there age group and dominant but look ok when they play Fox premz grade

ForTheLoveOfGod

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 5, 2017
Good to hear that the squad has been told to find local clubs and play Premier footy this season if they are not playing Jersey Flegg. I haven't seen the ages of the players, but I hope we have a balance this year, we were too young last year, and after speaking to 2 x Juniors from my local club in OZ, they looked at us as a bunch of kids when they played and bullied them zzzzz lol I don't know how development could be justified last season when teams hammered us at this level. Look forward to better performances this year, seen some of these kids in there age group and dominant but look ok when they play Fox premz grade

Who are some of the better kids you have seen that we should be looking out for this year or next year Ramraider78?

Who in your opinion has the ability to go on to much bigger things at the Warriors or NRL level?

Reactions: Johnnyray

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Hopefully this time around we can focus on instilling some decent defensive structures and lose the entitlement factor some of these kids have had in the past.
Would definitely sacrifice some flashy wins for some solid development

Reactions: Johnnyray

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
I didn't mind the way the NYC went last season. That team should have always been about developing the players rather than stacking them with huge 20 years old who should have been playing ISP. Im glad the club have got the mix right. You look at the team list for ISP and there are a number of very talented players who are eligible for JF playing in the next grade up.

Long may it continue...

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Patrick Elia has next to nothing of league experience but he had plenty of class about him playing rugby. Yes it was just first XV rugby but he looks like a smart kid who could learn and he has all the natural ability in the world.
Judge him at the end of the season not the start

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Patrick Elia has next to nothing of league experience but he had plenty of class about him playing rugby. Yes it was just first XV rugby but he looks like a smart kid who could learn and he has all the natural ability in the world.
Relation of yours?

What school did he play for???

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013

With a name like 'Elia', I'm sure he has some league pedigree somewhere.. Come on trainspotters, who am i talking about??

Reactions: Sup42

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
Relation of yours?

What school did he play for???

Can we not get excited about a player these days without being accused of pumping up our family?
The answer is no, but if he's looking for a new family we would happily take him.
Hopefully he gets through the season with no injuries and then you can give me your verdict

Reactions: Defence

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
With a name like 'Elia', I'm sure he has some league pedigree somewhere.. Come on trainspotters, who am i talking about??
First Elia that comes to mind is Mark.

Wing Center Fb mid eighties Kiwi star.

For the record I didn't Cheat with Google....if you'd seen him play you would know that he had a weird gait when he ran...he would look like he had a limp...and that he looked slowed down by it....and then if he had open space he would leave everyone in his dust....and that was years before Forest Gump the movie.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Defence

Horriors2013

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2013
First Elia that comes to mind is Mark.

Wing Center Fb mid eighties Kiwi star.

For the record I didn't Cheat with Google....if you'd seen him play you would know that he had a weird gait when he ran...he would look like he had a limp...and that he looked slowed down by it....and then if he had open space he would leave everyone in his dust....and that was years before Forest Gump the movie.

You got it. He did have a weird style. Fast alright.

Penpal

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 22, 2014
VODAFONE JUNIOR WARRIORS v CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
12.45pm, Saturday, March 17, 2018

1 TEVITA MIKAELE
2 KAYAL IRO
3 ELIJAH SUFIA
4 PATRICK ELIA
5 EDWARD KOSI
6 PAUL TURNER
7 EIDEN ACKLAND
8 SOANE HUFUNGA (c)
9 SHELDON ROGERS
10 PRESTON RIKI
11 HARVEY TUPOUNIUA
12 BRODY TAMARUA
13 TYLER SLADE (c)

14 DYLAN TAVITA
15 TOM ALE
16 WESLEY VEIKOSO
17 TAYHLER PAORA
18 SIONE TUIPOLOTU
21 LOTU INISI

COACH | RICKY HENRY

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
JERSEY FLEGG CUP

VODAFONE JUNIOR WARRIORS v PENRITH PANTHERS
1.00pm, Saturday, March 24
St Marys Leagues Club, Penrith

1 TEVITA MIKAELE
2 KAYAL IRO
3 TOM ALE
4 PATRICK ELIA
5 ELIJAH SUFIA
6 PAUL TURNER
7 EIDEN ACKLAND
8 SOANE HUFANGA (c)
9 DYLAN TAVITA
10 PRESTON RIKI
11 HAVI TUPOUNIUA
12 BRODY TAMARUA
13 TYLER SLADE (c)

14 SAM NATI
15 WESLEY VEIKOSO
16 LOTU INISI
17 SIONE TUIPULOTU
18 TAYHLER PAORA
20 LEWIS SIO

COACH | RICKY HENRY

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/03/20/experience-boost-for-vodafone-warriors-in-isp/

Reactions: ramraider78

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings