Injury Warriors Injury Thread 2019

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
i remember someone (maybe manu) having to wait on acc. never understood it. these guys must be covered by insurance. although god knows what roaches premiums must be
Yeah it was Manu Vatuvei. Had his surgery delayed two weeks while the club sorted out the ACC claim. From memory that was the last time they ever waited and go private when its urgent. I remember after that Nathan Friend was rushed through for his jaw.

With Nathaniel's season over anyway they will probably do ASAP through a claim.

Nothing to do with the club but the ACC system. Hate to think what the bill would be for private surgery and I sure wouldn't want to get stuck with it if ACC don't pick it up...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I'd rather we saved Tohu Harris for next year and have him 100 percent fit for next season than risk him getting Injured again this year.
Fuck that. If our season is on the line I'd rush his ass back out there and make him play for his contracts worth. Next season is next season. He can earn that salary too. End of the day he just an asset...

Billy Teets James

Fuck that. If our season is on the line I'd rush his ass back out there and make him play for his contracts worth. Next season is next season. He can earn that salary too. End of the day he just an asset...
Based on current form. We won't be playing finals footy. I know we're only a few points out of the 8. Happy to eat my hat, jocks, And your jocks if we do. But no need to rush him back if he's not 1 hundy.

He's just an asset? An asset we can't afford to lose to long term injury.
Stink attitude to have, Mate.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Based on current form. We won't be playing finals footy. I know we're only a few points out of the 8. Happy to eat my hat, jocks, And your jocks if we do. But no need to rush him back if he's not 1 hundy.

He's just an asset? An asset we can't afford to lose to long term injury.
Stink attitude to have, Mate.
Just the reality of it. If he is injured long term he'll be dropped like a sack of rocks and the next line of cattle will roll through. Thats professional sport for ya...

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
It only gets worst.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
good news for me. why waste him and risk getting injured. We should be resting Roger Tuivasa-Sheck for mind as well. It's almost impossible for us to make the 8. give some young bloods a go nobody will care.
I cant disagree with this. Why bring him back just before the end of the season when there is nothing to play for. Let him have a break and a full off season recovery to get the best out of him. Maybe we should give green time off, and Jazz time off as well. Its really starting to feel like the NRL dont want us in the 8 this year.

These guys are paid too much to essentially be on paid leave, if they’re fit they will play.
It’s like a business not doing so great in sales so they give some employees paid time off so that they’re refreshed to make sales next year- won’t happen

It's more about protecting your most valuable future assets when you have nothing to gain in the immediate. I'd prob stop watching league all togethor if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck did his knee when we have nothing to play for.

I am on board with the rest our guys idea. We are not making the 8. Although I really want us to because Uncmase eating Mt Wellingtons undies would be worth seeing.
Lets give the guys with injury a break and give the fringe players game time. We have some guys who just havent stepped up when given a shot (Satae, Pule) and guys who havent really been given a shot (Frei, Perham, AK). Let them loose with no pressure and see what they can do. Tohu Harris playing again this year would be a mistake, let him heal properly and be ready for 2020.

gREVUS

Contributor
I am on board with the rest our guys idea. We are not making the 8. Although I really want us to because Uncmase eating Mt Wellingtons undies would be worth seeing.
Lets give the guys with injury a break and give the fringe players game time. We have some guys who just havent stepped up when given a shot (Satae, Pule) and guys who havent really been given a shot (Frei, Perham, AK). Let them loose with no pressure and see what they can do. Tohu Harris playing again this year would be a mistake, let him heal properly and be ready for 2020.
is it fair to new blood to put them into games when nothing is at stake? preferably keeping the pressure on should lift the whole team and take them with it.

Reactions: Big_Fattz

gREVUS

Contributor
A hurt ego isn’t an injury ;)

If we have no chance of making the finals then Tohu Harris should be rested for the rest of the season. 2020 = OUR YEAR.
I dunno, did we book that in with the story creators at the NRL, would hate to step on their toes when they seem to so want to control the who wins narrative.

Yes I am still grumpy

is it fair to new blood to put them into games when nothing is at stake? preferably keeping the pressure on should lift the whole team and take them with it.
Preferably yes
Reality why not . An yes it is fair to give a young guy a shot
It's all they ask for .
Herbert will be better for his run in FG this year
Come next season he should hit the ground running .
Fusitua is another one I would rest .

Reactions: tajhay and gREVUS