General Warriors Halves 2010 onwards

Spence_old

Shaun Johnson is a prospect for the future, but before his name is mentioned for a position 10 years from now, he has to show that he can tackle.

DanKokoro_old

Does anyone notice he's the one throwing all the money balls? In the Manly win, he puts Vatuvei over, and he puts Royal over. In this game, he threw two cut out passes to Ropati that put him into a gap. I'd love to see Jones, Moon, Fien or any other halves bring that sort of play out.

Sadly, Price is the best ball player we have right now.

haha yeah.. I was gonna create a thread called 'Price to half-back' but i couldn't be bothered having to explain to some people that i was kidding. I think he threw the 2 best passes of the game.

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

Yeah he must've been halfback back in his teen years when he a cowlick and wore a leather jacket on the field

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

Did he wear a Bulldog bucket hat, back in his day? Do they have bucket hats?
haha nah, they didn't exist, which is why he got a tattoo of a Bulldogs bucket hat on his chest. I have no idea where it is now

Spence_old

On the halves, for Hohaia to even be considered for #6, our 7 has to be completely dominant, so he doesn't have to kick at all. I don't think we have a half capable of doing that, I think Fien probably is the closest.

I don't see the point in moving Moon around. He hasn't had a poor game yet, he needs time to learn to distribute well. He has started off adequately and can only get better.

☆ИITЯO ßOY✯_old

True, he hasn't had a bad game yet, he just needs to improve on ball distributing, which would ma absolutly marvelous if he does acomplish such height

Tyrael_old

Not sure if I am correct, but isn't Karmichael Hunt off contract? Didn't he play 5/8 for Australia once?

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah Caremichael is the better FB, well...more rounded anyway.

But he's still a cock and way over-priced.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

read somewhere that michael monoghan wants 300/season over 3 seasons and apparently nobody is keen to give him 3 seasons (he's 31 or something)

ToiletDuck_old

read somewhere that michael monoghan wants 300/season over 3 seasons and apparently nobody is keen to give him 3 seasons (he's 31 or something)

3 seasons is too many...I'd go for 2 with an option for a 3rd (if the club wants haha).

garyhobson_old

Warriors need to sign Tim Smith or Todd Carney or both. Warriors are never going to win a premiership without players of top quality in your key play making positions - thats your 1,6,7,9. We have good players in those positions, but they are not game breakers. We lack game breakers in our key positions.

sebastian_old

Our Halves Issue.

Todd Carney is signed to the Roosters, "Unofficially" but Todd has actually been quoted as saying as much. Trust me he's off the market for 2010.

Terry Campese is signed until the end of 2010 with clubs already throwing big offers at him for 2011 but as for 2010 he's not on the market.

Matt Orford is off-contract but I can't see him leaving Manly for family reasons & he's just won a premiership there, it'll be a miracle if anyone gets him to leave Manly. He also turned us down before.

Our best option for halfback for 2010 would be Micheal Monaghan who is actually a proven, quality NRL Halfback currently playing in the ESL. If we give him what he wants in regards to his contract, he's our best hope.

The only other options I can think of are Mathew Head, who has rejected us before & Tim Smith who I'm not even 100% sure on his current contract status. The last option we could take is sign a 20's or NSW or QLD Cup halfback, cross our fingers & hope he comes decent. John Morris from the Tigers may also be off contract, I'm not sure about his current status.

Without a doubt I think Micheal Monaghan would be a outstanding signing & would have to be the best option for 2010.

This subject as we discuss it on the forum worries me because we havn't heard anything from the Warriors/Ivan on this specific subject. Maybe they're working hard on a deal behind the scenes or have something planned. I hope so because surely they wouldn't be naive enough to hit 2010 with Liam & Issac as our main hope for Halfback. Surely Ivan would not, could not let this occur? I guess if it came to that they'd probably call poor Stacey out again who freely admits he wants this to be his last year.

If we actually want to challenge for the Premiership next year, this problem needs to be solved & if they had a plan of getting rid of, Witt, Rovelli & now Fien, then surely they have a plan to replace these players long term, granted that they view Moon will be our 5/8.

Last edited by a moderator:

insulinboi_old

Monaghan, or another top half back. If we cant get one, raid the under 20's for one and have them and foran compete for spots.

Keep Moon. He hasn't done anything terrible andwith a bitofexperience hemay comeright. Foran can play fiveeighth too if Moon doesnt cut the mustard