General Warriors Debacle - Who do you support in all of this?

Who has your support?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Probably Glen but god its so hard to know who is telling the truth and who isn't. I would say its more likely OG is and Scurrah is Watsons man so I guess I have to side with OG here.

Reactions: Mr Frank White

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
I just want to support my club I love, but I'm finding it very hard to do right now.

I have no idea who is telling the truth, it has done my head in just thinking about it.

Heard the Mad Butcher on internet today, the Breakfast show phone interview. Almost put a tear in my eye, really really feel for him right now. Makes me feel terrible saying the bad things I have about the Warriors, but in my defence, I'm just so passionate about the club and what is going on, that I'm simply frustrated, and venting.

So my vote, for support is neither. I just hope we can pull through all this, and soon.

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Elliot was just as ineffective as the majority of coaches we've had so in my opinion it was the right move to sack him, i don't really care how it was done.

I back Watson to the hilt, it's questionable if the Warriors would even exist if not for him, and he didn't get in while the going was good...the club was a basket case when he bought it.

It also sounds like Glenn is starting to lose a marble or two with some erratic behavior.

macker

I'm going for the OG.

He made his money if Freight, an industry I've worked in, which I reckon is one of the toughest around. That says a lot about him right there.
He's made the biggest single donation to any education institution in NZ history ($7.5 mill) and has a building at the Auckland Uni named after him. He gives a shit people other than Owen Glenn.
He is able to talk like the average sports fan when on the radio, about the things we average sports fans get upset about. Game set and match.

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
I support the club, the team, the jersey. Fuck anyone else. Management are temporary like the players. Butch, good old, Butch, had it right though today when he blasted Owen saying all the drama should be kept in house and not leaked out to the public in statements. Owen hurt Butch and possibly the club by doing that.

Have your say by all means but be professional and keep it in house. Owen may be wealthy and powerful but he can have a big mouth sometimes. Like the greatest club in Australasia. Like SBW is a show pony. While all may be true it does not really help the club to spout it so.

Just like yesterday i do not think his statements have helped the situation. Just flamed what was a controllable issue. Mind you Eric and the club should have been straight out about sacking Elliot. So no ones clean.

Still love the club and hope we can get everyone to shut the fuck up and get on with the business of winning football games.

Reactions: DANZ and way2sharp

Apus

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 6, 2012
I find it very hard to pick a side, but if I had to - OG.

I know that neither a really telling the truth, and the real truth probably lies somewhere in the middle as it usually does with this sort of thing. However, to me it seems that Watson is very much a control freak who believes he has a path this club should take. Thing is, he has been in charge for a while now and we've still gone all over the place, so he hasn't really delivered.

OG openly admits he's not a League guy, so I get the feeling what he'd do is just dump a load of money into getting the right people into the right places and let them do what needs to be done. If Watson stays, so does Scurrah and all the other management who are in there now, producing the same old results. Get OG in charge, and maybe we'll see some results.

It is hard to pick though, because OG could just as easily do the same thing, leave old Jersey McSmarmface as CEO and try to milk as much profit as he can before selling off to someone else.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
My personal opinion:
1) No sane businessman who has a stake in a business, should have ever come out and done what Owen Glenn did. It destabilises the club even further and just makes the entire club look unprofessional with management having no clue on what is going on.
2) I love the Mad Butcher, but i dont think he should be even answering question on what Owen Glenn said. Does this mean he knew what was happening behind the scenes before even OG? He should be the 'ultimate' fan we have, and promoted as such, not the mt smart clown.
3) Both EW and OG have acted like spoilt kids with this club by the sounds of this ownership struggle by trying to devalue the club when trying to buy off the other. Could very well be what each is trying to do right now. I wish they had actually spoken to each other rather than taking each other on in the radio and media. Just reeks of unprofessionalism.
4) I dont think i trust either right now, but i do respect what Eric Watson has done for the club and that should never be forgotten. He has genuine love for the club, and he took over when noone would even come anywhere near it. Im sure having OG as a partner has had benefits to the club with the capital available to spend on things we never had. I just would prefer one of these businessmen to have majority stake (no 50/50 crap).

macker

I find it very hard to pick a side, but if I had to - OG.

I know that neither a really telling the truth, and the real truth probably lies somewhere in the middle as it usually does with this sort of thing. However, to me it seems that Watson is very much a control freak who believes he has a path this club should take. Thing is, he has been in charge for a while now and we've still gone all over the place, so he hasn't really delivered.

OG openly admits he's not a League guy, so I get the feeling what he'd do is just dump a load of money into getting the right people into the right places and let them do what needs to be done. If Watson stays, so does Scurrah and all the other management who are in there now, producing the same old results. Get OG in charge, and maybe we'll see some results.

It is hard to pick though, because OG could just as easily do the same thing, leave old Jersey McSmarmface as CEO and try to milk as much profit as he can before selling off to someone else.
I get the feeling OG can milk profit much easier from other places. He even said that football clubs are never going to be big money earners. Which is the way any kind of club should be IMO.
My understanding is owning a football club is something rich people do so that they can be connected to something fun, as opposed to their main money making businesses, which are dirty shit fights most of the time.

Watson seems to be in it for the money, and not to be a part of a great club that we can all love.

Reactions: mcdenda

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Whangarei
OG made a few salient points in what he said, but he did tend to sound like a bit of an old coot. Saying he'd been shut out of the club meetings etc... sounds a bit bloody weak if you ask me. He sure as shit wouldn't have made his millions with that kind of bending over and taking it. I'm glad he's vented publicly though; probably his greatest contribution since he came on board.

Watson is a slick character, and that'll make him come across as a wanker from time to time, and has everybody's favourite CEO standing with him, which makes him looks worse. But in this whole spat with Glenn, when it comes to taking sides, we have to acknowledge that Watson is the one who essentially refused to sell his half by pricing it way too high for Glenn - he has the desire to keep the club going, and saved our ass in the past.

Bottom line for me is that I didn't want Elliott around the players any more. Some great ideas, but he was a continuation of weak, confusing coaching that saw players have no respect or faith in the coach.

He needed booting, so I'm with Facefacts on this. Watson to continue.

macker

My personal opinion:
1) No sane businessman who has a stake in a business, should have ever come out and done what Owen Glenn did. It destabilises the club even further and just makes the entire club look unprofessional with management having no clue on what is going on.
Maybe management actually don't have a clue on what is going on? The Aussie media certainly don't agree with the way Elliott was fired. Our media are just glad it didn't happen in Union.

Sebastian

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 13, 2012
I get the feeling OG can milk profit much easier from other places. He even said that football clubs are never going to be big money earners. Which is the way any kind of club should be IMO.
My understanding is owning a football club is something rich people do so that they can be connected to something fun, as opposed to their main money making businesses, which are dirty shit fights most of the time.

Watson seems to be in it for the money, and not to be a part of a great club that we can all love.

Ooh i don't know about that. He took over this club when it was in shambles. Untouchable and made losses after year after year and brought his own money into the equation. Stood by and then slowly but surely turned things around on and off the field till the profitable solid financially viable club you see today before us all. That Eric may now have some issues is separate to the fact he is the reason this club is around today.

macker

Ooh i don't know about that. He took over this club when it was in shambles. Untouchable and made losses after year after year and brought his own money into the equation. Stood by and then slowly but surely turned things around on and off the field till the profitable solid financially viable club you see today before us all. That Eric may now have some issues is separate to the fact he is the reason this club is around today.
No doubt his initial intentions were awesome, but maybe his intentions have changed since then? Maybe he's now thinking more about murch sales, and Hawiian days at the garden of losses, than being part of the social club that the rest of us are counting on for our sanity and weekend entertainment? Listening to his interview today he didn't sound like someone who is 100% committed to the Warriors. He even said "maybe it's time for somebody else to own the club."

If owning a football club isn't fun the why the fuck would someone with his money be doing it. And if his idea of fun is what's pissing the rest of us off then I can't see any way forward for him at the Warriors.

Reactions: mcdenda

wazzas

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Does anyone know whose decision it was to get rid of Clearly and hire Bluey, was it Eric or Wayne??

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
I'm with OG. He has more money than Watson.

Ok, he might Bi-Polar and off his meds at the moment but he did open the can of worms and i believe this will force Watson to do something about his boy Scurrah. Plus, he's elderly, sometimes we forget what we meant to say.

I've never forgotten Hanover and IMO Watson and Scurrah should have been Lawyers or used car salesmen, not involved with a League club

I also liked his response when Watson told him how much his shares were worth (when OG was looking to sell) his retort that he would then pay that amount for Watson's share is not a mark of senility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings