General Warriors chasing Finch and Smith

• Thread starter warriors4life_old
  • Start date

garyhobson_old

Thurston's been quoted as saying he wants to go back to the Bulldogs when Brett Kimmorly retires. Our only hope of signing him would be Pricey, Thurston apparently is friends with Steve, hence one of the reasons Thurston gave Steve his 2004 Premiership Ring. So he intends to sign with the Bulldogs but if Price is still involved in the Warriors in 2010 Price may convince him, unlikely but from the articles I've read our only hope of us signing him.

Make Steve Price head coach of the Warriors then.

sebastian_old

What about making Steve Price a Forwards Coach in 2010?? Sort of like a Kevin Campion role (I remember Kevin's coaching role was Defensive Coach).

garyhobson_old

What about making Steve Price a Forwards Coach in 2010?? Sort of like a Kevin Campion role (I remember Kevin's coaching role was Defensive Coach).

That could be a role for him in the side, but Price does want to get into the management side of things after his playing days. There is no doubt that Ivan needs help coaching, he needs someone to help with his attack. Kevin Moore for example has got Jimmy Dymock. Ricky Stuart at the Roosters had Jimmy Dymock, Dean Pay, and Ivan Cleary.

sebastian_old

I meant a coaching role in 2011, I forgot we've signed Price for another year. If he doesn't want a coaching role, hopefully there'll be a management posistion available at the club in 2011.

garyhobson_old

I meant a coaching role in 2011, I forgot we've signed Price for another year. If he doesn't want a coaching role, hopefully there'll be a management posistion available at the club in 2011.

Hopefully. Then we can get someone incharge who actually knows something about rugby league.

Viking_old

Perhaps Thurston might want to explore his Maori roots? No better club than the Warriors to do that with.

garyhobson_old

A massive long shot, I know. It's the only reason I could see him coming here, I'm sure he would want to do it at some stage in his life.

They should make the indegenous game an annual thing, maori v aborignal, like in last years world cup. All the players who took part thought it was great. But then again Jonathan Thurston would be torn between the two, who to represent, since hes half maori and half aborginal.

Chase Stanley actually pledge to the Kiwis over representing Australia for the cultural reasons, he wanted to learn more and exprience the maori culture and his heritage.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Finch and Fien are very similar players. What's the point in replacing one with the other?

Add to that we're looking at a replacement for Ah Mau but the only real prop replacements out there and guys like Tronc who really just fill a hole and do very little else.

I've got a bad feeling about next year already, and I was beginning to think we couldn't possibly get any more boring.

Northern_Union

Perhaps. I want to move to Scotland to explore my roots, at some point in my life.

Interesting place Scotland. How far back can you trace your roots in Scotland Spence?
Do you belong to one of the prominent clans or perhapes your Picts?

My wife has traced her family tree all the way back to being a distant relative to William Wallace.

Funny thing about the Scots, Spence. While the Romans kicked the poms arses for them with a happy "vidi vici veni" (i came, i saw, i conquered) it was a very different story with the Scots. After being scared sh*tless by the Celt clans of the highlands the Romans built Hadrian's wall to keep the Scots out, such was the fear that the Romans had of there guerilla warfare.

Spence_old

Interesting place Scotland. How far back can you trace your roots in Scotland Spence?
Do you belong to one of the prominent clans or perhapes your Picts?

My wife has traced her family tree all the way back to being a distant relative to William Wallace.

Funny thing about the Scots, Spence. While the Romans kicked the poms arses for them with a happy "vidi vici veni" (i came, i saw, i conquered) it was a very different story with the Scots. After being scared sh*tless by the Celt clans of the highlands the Romans built Hadrian's wall to keep the Scots out, such was the fear that the Romans had of there guerilla warfare.

My Mum and her parents were born here, but my Dad was born in Scotland. I have a lot of Scottish blood though, racing back to my great-great grandparents, I am 31/32th Scottish, and 1/32th Italian, I don't know further back than that though... There must be some english in there somewhere.

I belong to Clan Ranald of McDonald on my Dads side, and Clan Duffus on my mums. I haven't really traced my roots back very far, as I haven't taken much interest in my Scottish heritage before, but lately I have been reading some history books and I'm starting to become more interested in it.

Esoj_old

hmm I think tim smith would be the better option. great kicking game and can organize well.may not run it too much but then with the backline we got he shouldn't have to do that just create the chances for guys like locke,mckinnon etc to finish off. finch seems to thrive playing second fiddle and having a cronk or thurston doing the conducting for him, I'm not convinced he could do it by himself. I'm also thinking finch isn't the nicest bloke to hang around with hence why the storm have given him the flick so early. Tim smith has been fine up in england from what I have heard he would be fine in new zealand too.

Viking_old

They should make the indegenous game an annual thing, maori v aborignal, like in last years world cup. All the players who took part thought it was great. But then again Jonathan Thurston would be torn between the two, who to represent, since hes half maori and half aborginal.

Chase Stanley actually pledge to the Kiwis over representing Australia for the cultural reasons, he wanted to learn more and exprience the maori culture and his heritage.

It was a great idea and great game to watch, it should definately be an annual event. Both teams would be strong in a Pacific cup tournament.

The Stanley family here are Samoan and Chase has been reported to be the nephew of Joe I'm sure. Could be some Maori on his mums side I guess. Either way, I'd love to see him at the Warriors.

Spence_old

We should start looking closer to home good old NZ.

For a half? Who are you thinking of? Godinet and John are the premier halves in NZ, and neither of them really look like they are ready for first grade.