General Warriors Books

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Warriors Books

MOD NOTE: Biographies can be discussed in player discussion threads

Right just finished Simons book it was a good read, the diary at the end was abit slow but hey i got some insight to what the club was like thru his years there,
for me I like the part were he talked about the Game that we got a hiding and the boys were walking around laughing and smiling and how it pissed him off like it did us fans.
any way I am now looking for another Warriors Book to read any suggestions on what would be a great read, I have herd Michael Lucks book is good can anyone tell me the name of his book?
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Right just finished Simons book it was a good read, the diary at the end was abit slow but hey i got some insight to what the club was like thru his years there,
for me I like the part were he talked about the Game that we got a hiding and the boys were walking around laughing and smiling and how it pissed him off like it did us fans.
any way I am now looking for another Warriors Book to read any suggestions on what would be a great read, I have herd Michael Lucks book is good can anyone tell me the name of his book?
Cheers
Still get angry thinking about the players attitudes after that loss.

Then I remind myself they all gorne, fired sacked booted.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Cheers
If you haven't already try this one.

Eye opener and will help you make sense of what Matt Elliott meant when he said something like the rot at the club was deep set...

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If you haven't already try this one.

Eye opener and will help you make sense of what Matt Elliott meant when he said something like the rot at the club was deep set...
Probably a different thread but the book talks of the issues facing league in NZ ie no schools in Wellington that play league, and how this flows through to the Warriors. A few questions from people in the know:

Are these issues being addressed?
Has there been any noticeable changes nz wide with the Warriors new owners being locally focused?
Is the NZRL stepping up and working together with the warriors to grow the game (I believe historically they have each done their own thing)?
At a junior level, is the game growing or contracting?
It appears that we have a lot of juniors coming through but is our recruitment strategy only to target union schoolboys with the right skill set?

Reaction score
Faithful

Faithful

U20's Player
Reaction score
Picked up this bargain at The Warehouse - on clearance 97c. I was at The Warehouse in Matamata didn’t see any other ones there but might pay to check out your local store if you’re interested 🤙DD9AFE23-DD9E-4DE1-B909-C848FF6817D4.jpeg

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Picked up this bargain at The Warehouse - on clearance 97c. I was at The Warehouse in Matamata didn’t see any other ones there but might pay to check out your local store if you’re interested 🤙View attachment 41816
Damn not even a dollar. That's what you get for playing your entire career at the warriors

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Picked up this bargain at The Warehouse - on clearance 97c. I was at The Warehouse in Matamata didn’t see any other ones there but might pay to check out your local store if you’re interested 🤙View attachment 41816
Good book I enjoyed it

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
If anyone picks up a extra copy at this price or similar I'll double, triple or hell feeling crazy quadruple the sticker price and pay postage over to oz. Heard it's a good read sure one of the uncles will have a spare copy lying around.

Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Jeez you would think they would sell a few at full price over xmas

Last edited:
Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Jeez you would think they would sell a few at funk price over xmas
Books from a traditional retailer are a massively dying market. Key is to sell quantity while it’s new and has hype then clear space for the next new titles, especially at Xmas which is the biggest time of year for new titles.
Books don’t ‘pay their space’ so apart from a few good selling favourites retailers will focus on new release titles- online has cornered the market on back catalogue

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Was looking for another warriors book to read as you probably know I'm an avid book worm (having read Simon mannerings book and also Simone Faumuina's book, over the last 15 years)
any way I came across this book which will be released 3 rd December .
Warriors : Celebrating 25 Years of the New Zealand Warriors

$49.99

Cheers

By the way is there a thread about warrior players books or warrior books, I would like to hear of other books people have like about warriors

Reaction score

Blindside

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Stacy Jones: Kiwi Warrior

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
By the way is there a thread about warrior players books or warrior books, I would like to hear of other books people have like about warriors

Some Warriors related books above. If you are keen to read ones listed on there mt.wellington mt.wellington might be able to help you (and others interested).

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Any one know were I can get the Stacey Jones book keeping the faith. I'm in Brisbane but will be home in March for a holiday.

Reaction score
Navigator

Navigator

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I was actually after.
Stacey Jones: Keeping The Faith book
But have ordered Stacey Jones kiwi warrior

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Was looking for another warriors book to read as you probably know I'm an avid book worm (having read Simon mannerings book and also Simone Faumuina's book, over the last 15 years)
any way I came across this book which will be released 3 rd December .
Warriors : Celebrating 25 Years of the New Zealand Warriors

$49.99

Cheers

For those that are interested in the book Navigator Navigator was talking about

950D5BAE-32AC-4708-ADF7-5BCAF0E001E3.jpeg
In 1995, the Warriors invaded the Australian Rugby League premiership - the first overseas club to be admitted - in a blaze of publicity and hype the likes of which New Zealand sport had never seen. The Warriors have taken their fans on a wild rollercoaster ride ever since, from the brink of collapse to within touching distance of ultimate glory and everywhere in between.
They have played to the beat of their own drum for 25 seasons. The NRL trophy has remained agonisingly elusive, but the club has won a minor premiership, reached two grand finals, produced some of the modern era's finest players and countless memories. Few New Zealand teams in any code generate more passion, debate, exasperation and excitement than the Warriors.
Warriors 25 covers the triumphs, heartbreaks, controversies and revivals that have kept supporters coming back for more for a quarter of a century. Sportswriter Will Evans tells the story of all 25 seasons - featuring interviews with some of the Warriors' most prominent players, coaches and administrators - in this exhaustively researched and officially club-endorsed book.
Through the exhilarating highs and gut-wrenching lows of the past 25 years, this book covers the on- and off-field events of every season, the club's memorable matches and important figures, a wealth of trivia, including comprehensive records and stats for every game and player. Featuring full-colour photography throughout and a Warriors 25-year Team voted on by a panel of experts, this is a must-have tome for every rugby league fan!

Top Bottom