Who was your MoM?

• Total voters
Finally got to catch up and watch the last six games of the warriors
we finally got a win over manly
and we SMASHED melbourne
wheres tupou is he injured
laumape is solid
and tht new prop matagi
edit and taylor he's offloading running crash balls trying to smash people on D he's been going all out

Thought you may have been more concerned that ROPATI wasn't there?

I actually think the ref was right on that one. Simon said the Storm player played the ball on the 10, the player was actually a couple of metres in front of the 10 and so the Warriors were technically not back with the ref.
It was pretty clear on the replay.

looks offside to me. View attachment 2193

Not saying that this is what happened here, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of ball carriers stepping forwards off the mark when they get up to play the ball. A lot of the time it just means their team doesn't get a full 10m, and that's just tough titties, but too often you see the ball carrier walking forward, then the ref pinging the defence for being inside the ten.

Not saying that this is what happened here, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of ball carriers stepping forwards off the mark when they get up to play the ball. A lot of the time it just means their team doesn't get a full 10m, and that's just tough titties, but too often you see the ball carrier walking forward, then the ref pinging the defence for being inside the ten.
regarding a similar issue ive noticed. when it comes to line defence you also see a lot of defending players with only 1 foot behind the goal line. What is the rule on that? technically they are in front of the ref who is on the goal line but never seem to get pinged

Reactions: Hitman82
regarding a similar issue ive noticed. when it comes to line defence you also see a lot of defending players with only 1 foot behind the goal line. What is the rule on that? technically they are in front of the ref who is on the goal line but never seem to get pinged
This was raised I think it was at the start of last season and Jarrod Maxwell said that they are happy with "one foot on the line". I guess thats fair or you would never stop anyone coming out of dummy half from close to the line.

So obviously what we need is to stop play after every tackle so the touchies can come on with a 10 metre chain and mark the distance. All the extra stoppage time would also be an ideal time for the coaches to make substitutions, such as putting Mateo in on attack and Lowrie when defending.

Reactions: Defence
I've never paid attention to subs as much but I would like to know if at any time both Mateo and Matulino are off the field. If so, then that seems silly since when they come on they change the momentum towards us. If you have to give them a break, do it at different times so at least one of them is on the field.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Warriors vs Storm Rnd 20 2013 match summary.png
Warriors vs Storm Rnd 20 2013 player stats.png
Warriors vs Storm Rnd 20 2013 match details, where, when and best stats.png

Again, it is missed tackles that is too high.

13 errors is very un-Melbourne like.

Can someone tell me with more details why Ngani was pulled.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Again, it is missed tackles that is too high.

13 errors is very un-Melbourne like.

Can someone tell me with more details why Ngani was pulled.
Havent watched the replay and only have my recollection from being at the game but IMO Elliott had to tighten that edge up. It was either take out Laumape or Konrad to get Peyroux on. Think he went with the right choice...

Havent watched the replay and only have my recollection from being at the game but IMO Elliott had to tighten that edge up. It was either take out Laumape or Konrad to get Peyroux on. Think he went with the right choice...

is it a fitness issue? Like, we are going to get killed there in finals footy as each week unfolds, those good teams will exploit our weaknesses.

Great to see Matagi getting 27mins. Much more even across the propping board, and I think it showed. We never really had a time where we lost all go forward like what happens when we've only got 1 prop on the field.

I know that not a lot of fans like taking the two points when a penalty is awarded close to the posts, but I for one was exceptionally happy that we took the two points in the first half.
When the Storm started coming back at us in the second half that two points meant a lot (not in the final outcome) and may have been that bridge too far for them to overcome. I always advocate take the two or even a drop goal as we get the ball back and dampen their spirits.

I know that not a lot of fans like taking the two points when a penalty is awarded close to the posts, but I for one was exceptionally happy that we took the two points in the first half.
When the Storm started coming back at us in the second half that two points meant a lot (not in the final outcome) and may have been that bridge too far for them to overcome. I always advocate take the two or even a drop goal as we get the ball back and dampen their spirits.

I'm with you on this one. Every now and then I think it'd be good to keep the foot on the throat and go for a repeat set, but 90% of the time I think turning down a gift two points is just stoopid.

I was 100 % on that being the right decision in that game.

Where League is different , especially NZ league teams , is that if they have been giving the opposition the Lions share of possession.....the petrol tank is running lean.....a Try / repeat set on their line is the right decision every time.

We can power run at teams as much as we like but the battery is only so big......defending mega on top of that......a two point get the ball back reward will lose you the game imo