May 8, 2012
Silverdale
First Season Ending Injury - Jazz Tevaga
Biggest Flop - Charlie Gubb
Biggest Improvement - Bunty Afoa
Mid Season Release - Charlie Gubb
New Cult Hero - Nate Roache
Team Villain - Manu
Biggest Game Losing Margin - 18 against Sea Eagles in Perth or Cowboys in Townsville
Highest Game winning Margin - 40 against Dragons At Mt Smart
Dumbest Suspension - Sol Kata/David Fusitua
Surprise Signing - Dean Whare
Most Tries - Fusitua
Most bombed tries - Bodene Thompson (Love him but he cant ground a loose ball to save himself)
Most missed kicks - Shaun Johnson
Rookie of the year - Bunty

Reactions: dean

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Who wants to predict some categories while we try to escape from the family and wait for some new season news...

First Season Ending Injury - Shaun Johnson (Auckland Nines)
Biggest Flop - Kieran Foran (NRL refuses to register his contract)
Biggest Improvement - Mason Lino
Mid Season Release - Charlie Gubb (Manly Sea Eagles)
New Cult Hero - Mason Lino
Team Villain - Manu Vatuvei
Biggest Game Losing Margin - Round 7 - Raiders (At Canberra 52-02)
Highest Game winning Margin - Round 14 - Titans (At Gold Coast 40-12)
Dumbest Suspension - Simon Mannering (High tackle on opposite number Paul Gallen)
Surprise Signing - Brad Takairangi (Parramatta Eels)
Most bombed tries - Manu Vatuvei
Most missed kicks - Isaac Luke
Rookie of the year - Toafofoa Sipley
Biggest Disappointment - Coach Stephen Kearney
Final Ladder Prediction - Twelfth (Out Of Possible Sixteen)

o_O

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Who wants to predict some categories while we try to escape from the family and wait for some new season news...

For example..

First Season Ending Injury -
Biggest Flop -
Biggest Improvement -
Mid Season Release -
New Cult Hero -
Team Villain -
Biggest Game Losing Margin -
Highest Game winning Margin -
Dumbest Suspension -
Surprise Signing -

Feel free to add any category you think may be interesting.

First Season Ending Injury - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Biggest Flop - Kieran Foran
Biggest Improvement - Ben Matulino
Mid Season Release - Kieran Foran
New Cult Hero - Albert Vete
Team Villain - Charlie Gubb
Biggest Game Losing Margin - 42 Pts
Highest Game winning Margin - 48 Pts
Dumbest Suspension - Charlie Gubb, spear tackle.
Surprise Signing - Micheal Morgan

I hope I'm 50/50 here in a way. I don't want Keiran to flop and ask to be released, but I have to say it's something I have as a possibility. In the same way I have the Warriors making the GF - very, very unlikely but it's a potential possibility. Obviously, I'd prefer Keiran does well and stays on and the Warriors make the GF but, hey, I couldn't put my hand up as an honest Warriors fan if I didn't look at the negative possibilities, right?

And I hope we don't need a surprise signing - that everybody kicks on as they should and any signings are more of the "yeah, he's solid enough and will provide depth and attitude but he is not going to win us the big one!" type - Ayshford-type signings, basically...

Edit: New categories
Worst Refereeing That Will Cost Us - Rd 21 at Mt Smart Stadium vs Sharks
Worst Bunkering That Will Cost Us - Rd 7 at GIO Stadium vs Raiders
Consecutive Wins - 4
Consecutive Losses - 3
Golden Point Games - 2 don't ask me who'll win 'em though!

Last edited:

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
First Season Ending Injury - David Fusitua
Biggest Flop - Manu Vatuvei
Biggest Improvement - Albert Vete
Mid Season Release - Tuimoala Lolohea
New Cult Hero - Nathaniel Roache
Team Villain - Kieran Foran
Biggest Game Losing Margin - 50 points Vs Melbourne
Highest Game winning Margin - 20 points Vs Newcastle
Dumbest Suspension - Charlie Gubb/Sam Lisone
Most Tries - Solomone Kata
Most bombed tries - Ken Maumalo
Rookie of the year - Charnze Nicoll-Klockstad
Expected Finish - 6-8

Reactions: bruce

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Slow as shit start
Red hot go through the middle
Fall to shit in the last 4-5 weeks

And a shitload of talk about how they're putting in, and just to follow the plan, and much circle jerking on forums about 18/19 year old debutants...

Just my predictions. Its probably wildly inaccurate, after all this is the Warriors.
You beat me to it.
I would add that the calls for Sacking Kearney will be vicious and the forecast gloomy come selection of his first NRL team.
'Where is player XYZ ? Why can't worldcup winning bumbler Mooks see that my NRL super coach side is better than his.....and that is before his first post round one losing presser.....when things will really go nuts....and Kearney's every bumbling rhetoric loaded meaningless statement will be picked apart by the Vultures.

Mockery of sound bite quotes will ensure we are able to add to Ivan's 'he knows what he has done'
Bluueys 'judge us by round six'
'It is better tobe scored against outwide'
Matt Elliot's ' there is something wrong with the DNA of the club'

Cappy's 'KPI's'

Kearney's ' I have chosen players that buy into our culture and understand our processes'

My prediction is we will start slow, race through the Origin period, finish seventh, and lose in a grand final qualifier.

2018 Foran gone. the warriors finish fourteenth.

2019 Jimmy and Kearney make a come back to the lower eight... and no one has a farkn clue about where we really are headed.

Reactions: dean

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
First Season Ending Injury - Jazz Tevaga
Biggest Flop - Tuimoala Lolohea
Biggest Improvement - Ligi Sao/Bunty Afoa
New Cult Hero - Kieran Foran
Team Villain - Manu Vatuvei
Biggest Game Losing Margin - Panthers 20 points
Highest Game winning Margin - Knights 40 points
Dumbest Suspension - Sam Lisone
Surprise Signing - Viliame Kikau/Kato Ottio
Most Tries - Solomone Kata
Most bombed tries - Solomone Kata
Rookie of the year - Etene Nanai/Bunty Afoa

Reactions: bruce

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
First Season Ending Injury - Keiran Foran
Biggest Flop - Tui Lolohea
Biggest Improvement - Bunty Afoa
New Cult Hero - Bunty Afoa
Team Villain (Scapegoat!) - Sean Johnson/Isaac Luke
Biggest Game Losing Margin - 50 against Sea Eagles in Perth or Cowboys in Townsville
Highest Game winning Margin - 40 against Dragons At Mt Smart
Dumbest Suspension - Charlie Gubb
Most Tries - David Fusitua
Most bombed tries - Bodene Thompson (Love him but he cant ground a loose ball to save himself)
Most missed kicks - Sean Johnson
Rookie of the year - Toafofoa Sipley
Biggest Disappointment - Coach [URL='https://www.nzwarriors.com/player-profiles/stephen-kearney.62/']Stephen Kearney
[/URL]

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
First Season Ending Injury
Albert Vete's knee ruins a promising campaign, team is thin up front.
Biggest Flop
Keiran Foran - belatedly gets on the field, plays half hearted, signs with the roosters, gets injured for a bit, goes back to aussie early for family reasons.
Biggest Improvement
Issac Luke is not fat and useless to start the year this time. That's an improvement.
Mid Season Release
Keiran Foran
New Cult Hero
David Fusitua "best winger in the game, best winger EVA!" manu who?
Team Villain
Shaun Joh .... who are we kidding, its the COACH, always the coach.
Biggest Game Losing Margin
There's a late season away game to Souths when we should be fighting for a playoff spot - you know what that means! a record loss!
Highest Game winning Margin
Newcastle
Dumbest Suspension
All suspensions are either dumb or a gross miscarriage of justice by the NRL. Or both featuring C.Gubb.
Surprise Signing
Peta Hiku. Panthers don't need him, Kearney likes him.
Most Tries
David Fusitua.
Most bombed tries
"Solo"mone Kata
Most missed kicks
Whoever does the kicking
Rookie of the year
Technically not rookies, but Sipley plays good off the bench for the injured Vete and Hingano is promising replacing the walkabout Foran
Expected Finish
10th

Going to be super negative, cos sick of buying the 'this year will be different' line and getting burnt.

It will be another shitter, but that's okay because there is a new expert advisory panel to help Kearney set things straight. So next year will be different.

Using the "above the line guff"

Some of the younger blokes will have good honest efforts and be above the line.
Some of the older players will try, but are too passed it to get above the line more than occasionally. probably around origin time.
Some of the stars of the team have never been consistently above the line over the last 5 years, why start now? They'll be getting another rich contract from the warriors, the coach won't.
A couple of no hopers won't even know there is a line, possibly deliberately so, so they can get out of here to another club.

Too much is invested in Foran who is not reliable and only has to get cleared and play at a barely acceptable level to get a bigger contract back where he wants to be.

And its not like anyone in the warriors will be able to call him on it, after all, what have they been doing for the last 5, 6 seasons? Talking a good game, and not delivering... Cheers Foz, well played.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Surprise Signing
Peta Hiku. Panthers don't need him, Kearney likes him.
That is from left field:happy:
It will be another shitter, but that's okay because there is a new expert advisory panel to help Kearney set things straight. So next year will be different.
Sorry bro, this is the FINAL CHANCE for this club. If they don't make the eight they are out of aces as Kenny Rogers says. So it is all or nothing.

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
First Season Ending Injury - Manu Vatuvei
Biggest Flop - Ryan Hoffman
Biggest Improvement - Ligi Sao
Mid Season Release - Ken Maumalo
New Cult Hero - Toafofoa Sipley
Team Villain - Isaac Luke
Biggest Game Losing Margin - R7 v Raiders 16-34
Highest Game winning Margin - R1 v Knights 56-0
Dumbest Suspension - Issac Luke
Surprise Signing - Michael Oldfield
Most Tries - David Fusitua
Most bombed tries - Solomona Kata
Most missed kicks -
Rookie of the year - Ata Hingano
Expected Finish - 5th

Reactions: Miket12

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
Seems to be ready for a bump.

Also seems pretty accurate. Only highlighting mine but a great many of these already have a tick in the box. Including my most hated "faith" quote being mentioned in today's post game thread.

Next year, the best and toughest pre season ever, followed by more crying, gnashing of teeth, bad language and disappointment from the same sad arse pack of Warriors tragics as every year, 80% of us will say "I'm over this shit, fuck these wankers, I'm out." at least three times only to be back by Tuesday and the team announcement every time. At least one new member will say "Keep the Faith" after a typically shit run of games. A couple of posters will get butt hurt after someone rubbishes what they think is the post of the year and it will blow up into a fuck you contest till the whole thing finishes up in The Bog. The merits of Manu will be argued all year even after his season ending leg injury, as will Konnie's rise or fall at the Titans, Tui's place in the team and whether Forans signing was the right thing to do. Myself and LG will offend someone, again. SJ will either be the best player in the team or just lazy, depending on whether he scores the game winning try after the siren or he only runs for 7 metres all game. We will get absolutely smashed by a team below us the week after beating a top 2 team.

These are not predictions but actual fact based on 21 years of following these muppets, and will require regular updates as the new season approaches and my annual interest is stoked as March draws closer.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Seems to be ready for a bump.

Also seems pretty accurate. Only highlighting mine but a great many of these already have a tick in the box. Including my most hated "faith" quote being mentioned in today's post game thread.

Next year, the best and toughest pre season ever, followed by more crying, gnashing of teeth, bad language and disappointment from the same sad arse pack of Warriors tragics as every year, 80% of us will say "I'm over this shit, fuck these wankers, I'm out." at least three times only to be back by Tuesday and the team announcement every time. At least one new member will say "Keep the Faith" after a typically shit run of games. A couple of posters will get butt hurt after someone rubbishes what they think is the post of the year and it will blow up into a fuck you contest till the whole thing finishes up in The Bog. The merits of Manu will be argued all year even after his season ending leg injury, as will Konnie's rise or fall at the Titans, Tui's place in the team and whether Forans signing was the right thing to do. Myself and LG will offend someone, again. SJ will either be the best player in the team or just lazy, depending on whether he scores the game winning try after the siren or he only runs for 7 metres all game. We will get absolutely smashed by a team below us the week after beating a top 2 team.

These are not predictions but actual fact based on 21 years of following these muppets, and will require regular updates as the new season approaches and my annual interest is stoked as March draws closer.
I have complete "faith" that the patterns the warriors follow year in and year out will continue to repeat themselves until someone high up in the club grows some balls and makes some seriously rational changes.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Lol ah we all get sucked in year after year don't we? All signs of improvement I thought we had made essentially evaporated in yesterday's second half.
Its going to be tough as hell winning the psychological battle this year when teams know they can run down 30points, also our boys won't have the confidence of any lead and will panic when things even out.
Yet another year of 10-13th place with maybe a cocktease of making the playoffs before capitulating against a team we should beat I fear.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings