General Warriors 2017 Predictions

The Dude

Waterboy
Aug 21, 2016
The pack are two small and one dimensional
Matulino average size but without other big boppas round him is playing only average
Lillyman great forward but small great with a couple big boppas to help out
Lisone small not a first grader compared to other clubs
Vete average but hardly intimidating
Gavet neets anither 10 kgs on his frame
Gubb too small
Looking at NSW cup snd under 20's no menacing big ball players there
Mannering Hoffman great tackle macines bit not in class of Tamslolo wade Graham or any top four back rowers
Un less money spent on pack doesnt matter who you have at back......imagine Shaun Jihson behind the Raiders pack atm

Murraytd

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 5, 2014
Brisbane
Talk it up guys. I know you will be checking in daily to the 2017 Off-Season and Preseason thread to catch the latest updates of the teams hardest preseason training ever lol :oops::p:finger:. I know I will. I'll probably start the thread :confused::facepalm::(...
I remember some strongly worded words around this year needing to show a Warriors team that needed to show significant improvement and desire, otherwise you were out... These thoughts were fully endorsed by most of us. Does this mean you see this season as a pass???

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
I remember some strongly worded words around this year needing to show a Warriors team that needed to show significant improvement and desire, otherwise you were out... These thoughts were fully endorsed by most of us. Does this mean you see this season as a pass???
What I mean is for sure we will be gutted about this season if they fail to make the 8 but by the time the 2017 season starts we'll be chomping at the bit to get the season underway.

I'll never leave this team. Ever. As bad as it seems right now Ive been through worse with this team. 1996-2000 was a worse period. I remember being one of about 10 sitting in the South Stand at most home games during 1999...

surfin

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Coromandel
What I mean is for sure we will be gutted about this season if they fail to make the 8 but by the time the 2017 season starts we'll be chomping at the bit to get the season underway.

I'll never leave this team. Ever. As bad as it seems right now Ive been through worse with this team. 1996-2000 was a worse period. I remember being one of about 10 sitting in the South Stand at most home games during 1999...

Oddly even those years affected me less than this year.

Inruin

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Are you serious? If that is what you really think then perhaps gardening is a better suited sport for you... :D
Good topic gardening. Just like our team, needs nurturing, the odd pruning and time to grow. And just the right conditions to bear fruit.

Maybe you need to take up gardening to help you with following your team?

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Auckland
Good topic gardening. Just like our team, needs nurturing, the odd pruning and time to grow. And just the right conditions to bear fruit.

Maybe you need to take up gardening to help you with following your team?
The only gardening I do yields in much shorter cycles on a far more frequent schedule. So don't worry bout me, I'm happy.

Go and suck on a lemon:finger:

• Haha
Reactions: Off The Bench

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 21, 2012
Slow as shit start
Red hot go through the middle
Fall to shit in the last 4-5 weeks

And a shitload of talk about how they're putting in, and just to follow the plan, and much circle jerking on forums about 18/19 year old debutants...

Just my predictions. Its probably wildly inaccurate, after all this is the Warriors.

Reactions: Sup42 and wallacenz

TheFullback

U20's Player
Aug 14, 2016
Either top 6 or bottom 4 its really that unpredicable supporting the warriors. Some obvious changes with removing our oversized wingers and replacing them and upgrading the middle

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
These guys are afraid of finals footy. And I expect grand finals scare the living crap out of them.

Expecting another season of hopes dashed coming down the stretch next year as the terrors of success overcomes them once again.

• Haha
Reactions: mt.wellington

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Same again-thought we had made progress but yet again when the heat comes on we revert to type.
Preseason I will likely forget and return to being optimistic only to be disappointed yet again.

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
Well my memberships won't be renewed for 2017, but that's due to us leaving Auckland as opposed to the Warriors disappointing for the fifth season in a row.

How will we go next season? Well, with the same coach, and largely the same roster - I'd expect approximately the same results. Expected finish somewhere between 7th and 14th.

Might make the finals, but really can't see them pushing for a title. Some of our younger players will improve, some of our older players will fade. A couple of tough decisions need to be made for the good of the team.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings