General Warriors 2014 Stats

Sin Bins & Sent Off:
Only Rabbitohs, Storm & Wests Tigers have each had one player sent off so far this season

Cautions:
1st = with no players cautions: Bulldogs, Cowboys, Dragons, Knights, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Roosters & Titans
9th = with one player cautioned: Eels, Storm, Warriors & Wests Tigers
13th = with two players cautioned: Broncos, Raiders, Sea Eagles &

Most Penalties Awarded:
1st Storm (43); 2nd Rabbitohs (41); 3rd Raiders (40); 4th Sea Eagles (36); 5th = Bulldogs, Dragons & Titans (33); 8th Sharks (32); 9th = Cowboys & Panthers (30); 11th Wests Tigers (29); 12th Warriors (28); 13th Broncos (26); 14th Eels (25); 15th Knights 23; 16th Roosters 22

Least Penalties Conceded:
1st Sea Eagles (24); 2nd = Broncos & Cowboys (25); 4th = Dragons & Raiders (26); 6th Warriors (30); 7th Rabbitohs (32); 8th = Bulldogs, Knights, Panthers & Storm (33); 12th Sharks (34); 13th Wests Tigers (35), 14th = Eels & Roosters (38), 16th Titans (39)

Most Scrums Awarded:
1st = Dragons, Panthers, Sharks & Titans (29); 5th= Warriors & Wests Tigers (28); 7th = Sea Eagles & Storm (26); 9th = Eels, Knights & Rabbitohs (25); 12th = Raiders & Roosters (24); 14th Bulldogs (23); 15th Broncos (21); 16th Cowboys (20)

Reactions: tajhay
Sin Bins & Sent Off:
Only Rabbitohs, Storm & Wests Tigers have each had one player sent off so far this season

Cautions:
1st = with no players cautions: Bulldogs, Cowboys, Dragons, Knights, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Roosters & Titans
9th = with one player cautioned: Eels, Storm, Warriors & Wests Tigers
13th = with two players cautioned: Broncos, Raiders, Sea Eagles &

Most Penalties Awarded:
1st Storm (43); 2nd Rabbitohs (41); 3rd Raiders (40); 4th Sea Eagles (36); 5th = Bulldogs, Dragons & Titans (33); 8th Sharks (32); 9th = Cowboys & Panthers (30); 11th Wests Tigers (29); 12th Warriors (28); 13th Broncos (26); 14th Eels (25); 15th Knights 23; 16th Roosters 22

Least Penalties Conceded:
1st Sea Eagles (24); 2nd = Broncos & Cowboys (25); 4th = Dragons & Raiders (26); 6th Warriors (30); 7th Rabbitohs (32); 8th = Bulldogs, Knights, Panthers & Storm (33); 12th Sharks (34); 13th Wests Tigers (35), 14th = Eels & Roosters (38), 16th Titans (39)

Most Scrums Awarded:
1st = Dragons, Panthers, Sharks & Titans (29); 5th= Warriors & Wests Tigers (28); 7th = Sea Eagles & Storm (26); 9th = Eels, Knights & Rabbitohs (25); 12th = Raiders & Roosters (24); 14th Bulldogs (23); 15th Broncos (21); 16th Cowboys (20)

Do we have a penalty paranoia then?

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
pens up to rd 4.jpg

Warrior supporters always have a penalty obsession... actually can't see much discrimination this year, the roosters always ruin my referee conspiracy theories, they are copping a hammering in the differential, the warriors are safely in the middle, long may that continue.

Note the high profile coaches of the first four teams, coincidence – probably – but Toovey's tantrum last year might still be working for him, good job by the eels for winning 2 of 4 games with that differential too.

Last edited:

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Mannering's defensive workrate is down because teams see more potential profit from attacking the Fish edge than the Manu edge.
And attacking workrate perhaps down as Tomkins also favours the Fish side.
Agree. Also if you were coaching, you would implore your players to stay away from Mannerings channel.
He dominates in the tackle, hard to beat 1 on 1, and also makes key tackles from marker...

The best stats thread anywhere.

I would add to those keen observations that against the Tigers we were coming home fast (most unusual ) people will point out the obvious they were bench depleted and tired.

When the enemy is wounded, the good teams go for the throat and shut them down. pleased we did that.

The reason so many Tigers were hurting in the first place is the Warriors are bringing back the bash....not the Biff the bash....hurting tackles and runs.
Key personnel changes in that regard are :

Taylor : Bukuya

Lowrie : Lousi

Pies : Hurrell

Packer : Matangi ( Is better than Packer , took James Gavet head on )

Tupou : Fis'iahi

Freind : Leuluai

Glass : Rapira

Indifference : Lillyman wants a Queensland Jumper and contract renewal

Once Sam Lousi is fit I doubt previous loyalties will mean anything to Elliot in the season he is battling for his NRL future , players like the ballet dancer Mateo will find himself in direct competition for his spot with the temptation to keep the brute squad mentally of the Warriors Big Forwards well Rostered.

Martel can make the most meters in a Warrior pack when he runs and takes the tackle.

How on earth can you include Friend on the left hand side? He played 80 mins v the Tigers......he is 2nd in the NRL in tackles made and 2nd equal (with the likes of Farah and Sutton and behind only Pierce) in line break assists.

He has played well every game this season yet the haters continue to hate even when he continues to do his job well. You guys seem just obsessed with that domination in the tackle crap you keep harping on about when the reality is he has the balls to put his little body on the line game after game and actually MAKE the tackles he attempts.

When Friend broke his jaw in the 5th minute of a game....he played the remaining 75 mins and made 53 tackles when most guys would leave the field immediately. He shows his immense heart every week AND performs.

How on earth can you include Friend on the left hand side? He played 80 mins v the Tigers......he is 2nd in the NRL in tackles made and 2nd equal (with the likes of Farah and Sutton and behind only Pierce) in line break assists.

He has played well every game this season yet the haters continue to hate even when he continues to do his job well. You guys seem just obsessed with that domination in the tackle crap you keep harping on about when the reality is he has the balls to put his little body on the line game after game and actually MAKE the tackles he attempts.

When Friend broke his jaw in the 5th minute of a game....he played the remaining 75 mins and made 53 tackles when most guys would leave the field immediately. He shows his immense heart every week AND performs.
Relax. It wasn't a criticism of Friend or anyone on the left coulomb rather a comparison of effective in the contact players versus people who are easier to bend in the line. Players on the left ( Taylor and Lowrie for example are just as Friend like in clocking up Tackles ) my point with them as it was with Friend is they don't play a physical game.

Friends an excellent clocker uperer of lots of tackles , Leuluai just runs and hits harder , a subjective observation at best , as I say don't get your knickers in a twist , Freinds a very good player , the sum of Friend and Leuluai is greater than the Sum of Friend is it not ?

That's where change is headed , Nathan hopefully signs on for one more year next year , but i want upgrade on what he offers the team.
Sam Rapira is my favorite Prop forward. I put him V glass on the left , in an acknowledgement that he is bringing more now that he is injury free than where he was falling short in the past....so no haters gonna hate.
It's not about favorites , it was an attempt to explain why we should look forward to matching some of the better big contact teams this season.
Lets see how we go V the Sharks , if we roll their pack we're probably going to go alright V the Dogs the week after.

Perhaps I'm entirely wrong and the number of Tackles our players make is all that matters versus the old school mindset I hold that Warriors teams who bruise people up badly week in week out are the best way to go ( a phenomena that can't be measured in statistical analysis which was the whole point of the post in the first instance......an attempt to add something.....an independent variable that might stir the interest of the likes of yourself ).

Reactions: Defence
Attacking Stats:

Completion Percentage Average:
1st with 85% completed sets (CS): Raiders (131 completed set/155 total sets)
2nd = with 79% CS: Broncos (114/144) & Storm (122/154)
4th = with 76% CS: Bulldogs (116/152) & Dragons (120/158)
6th = with 75% CS: Sea Eagles (121/161), Warriors (113/150) & Wests Tigers (112/150)

Aver. Meters Gained Per Run:
1st with 9.1 aver. meters gained per run (m): Cowboys (5,832 total meters/638 # of runs)
2nd with 9.0m: Eels (5,124/570)
3rd with 8.9m: Dragons (5,599/630)
4th with 8.8m: Knights (5,197/589)
…..
8th = with 8.3m: Panthers (5,243/630), Roosters (4,653/562) & Warriors (5,054/612)

Linebreaks:
1st = with 20 linebreaks: Eels & Wests Tigers
3rd with 19 linebreaks: Roosters
4th = with 17 linebreaks: Broncos, Bulldogs, Dragons & Warriors

Offloads:
1st with 56 offloads: Titans
2nd = with 50 offloads: Bulldogs, Panthers and Sea Eagles
5th with 47 offloads: Rabbitohs
….
12th with 36 offloads: Warriors

Errors:
1st with 34 errors: Raiders
2nd with 38 errors: Broncos
3rd with 40 errors: Dragons
4th = with 41 errors: Eels & Storm
6th = with 43 errors: Panthers & Warriors

Reactions: tajhay and Sup42
The linebreaks for the Roosters are quite amazing considering that they are the only team not to have made any for two of their games.

Relax. It wasn't a criticism of Friend or anyone on the left coulomb rather a comparison of effective in the contact players versus people who are easier to bend in the line. Players on the left ( Taylor and Lowrie for example are just as Friend like in clocking up Tackles ) my point with them as it was with Friend is they don't play a physical game.

Friends an excellent clocker uperer of lots of tackles , Leuluai just runs and hits harder , a subjective observation at best , as I say don't get your knickers in a twist , Freinds a very good player , the sum of Friend and Leuluai is greater than the Sum of Friend is it not ?

That's where change is headed , Nathan hopefully signs on for one more year next year , but i want upgrade on what he offers the team.
Sam Rapira is my favorite Prop forward. I put him V glass on the left , in an acknowledgement that he is bringing more now that he is injury free than where he was falling short in the past....so no haters gonna hate.
It's not about favorites , it was an attempt to explain why we should look forward to matching some of the better big contact teams this season.
Lets see how we go V the Sharks , if we roll their pack we're probably going to go alright V the Dogs the week after.

Perhaps I'm entirely wrong and the number of Tackles our players make is all that matters versus the old school mindset I hold that Warriors teams who bruise people up badly week in week out are the best way to go ( a phenomena that can't be measured in statistical analysis which was the whole point of the post in the first instance......an attempt to add something.....an independent variable that might stir the interest of the likes of yourself ).

I agree that together it makes the team more potent, having them on the field at the same time seems to create even more options for us. Everyone else on the list you named bar the guys you compared to themselves have left the club. The other thing I need to ask.....I know TL can put on big hits, but......can he defend in the middle for 80mins and make AS many tackles as Friend as still be as dominating in the tackle? Somehow I doubt it. P.S Knickers aren't in a twist, I just dont see what you guys see I guess (that Friend is an issue)

Reactions: Sup42
I agree that together it makes the team more potent, having them on the field at the same time seems to create even more options for us. Everyone else on the list you named bar the guys you compared to themselves have left the club. The other thing I need to ask.....I know TL can put on big hits, but......can he defend in the middle for 80mins and make AS many tackles as Friend as still be as dominating in the tackle? Somehow I doubt it. P.S Knickers aren't in a twist, just dont see what you guys see I guess (that Friend is an issue)
Leuluai runs the risk of being overrated around here , you get a whiff of a hint that some think he is our version of Isaac Luke. I don't.
We're stronger with both those players playing Hooker , Friend fades in spells during his 80 mintue stints , mainly gets caught flat footed with a flat offensive line , having two Hookers limits the likely hood of that happening.
Friend will get dragged an carried in the tackle , a deliberate ploy to single him out is why he clocks up so many tackles , needs must.

Leuluai on the other hand Tackles front on and low , he doesn't get dragged because he cuts people down. That's a big improve on Freinds technique and well worth adding to the Hooking matrix.

Can Tommy play eighty minutes ? well he was an eighty minute Hooker before he returned to playing in the number 7 Jersey and During that period Hooker was his preferred position.

Now days he doesn't care where he plays , Hooker or Seven , as long as he starts games in that spot. That's what he's after this season , seizing the starting berth from Friend , that can only be good for us.

The Pomkins is only here for three years. Loolooeye gets how to use that player , I can only see the younger of the two players we are comparing pipping the older semi retiring champ for his Jumper.

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
Leuluai runs the risk of being overrated around here , you get a whiff of a hint that some think he is our version of Isaac Luke. I don't.
We're stronger with both those players playing Hooker , Friend fades in spells during his 80 mintue stints , mainly gets caught flat footed with a flat offensive line , having two Hookers limits the likely hood of that happening.
Friend will get dragged an carried in the tackle , a deliberate ploy to single him out is why he clocks up so many tackles , needs must.

Leuluai on the other hand Tackles front on and low , he doesn't get dragged because he cuts people down. That's a big improve on Freinds technique and well worth adding to the Hooking matrix.

Can Tommy play eighty minutes ? well he was an eighty minute Hooker before he returned to playing in the number 7 Jersey and During that period Hooker was his preferred position.

Now days he doesn't care where he plays , Hooker or Seven , as long as he starts games in that spot. That's what he's after this season , seizing the starting berth from Friend , that can only be good for us.

The Pomkins is only here for three years. Loolooeye gets how to use that player , I can only see the younger of the two players we are comparing pipping the older semi retiring champ for his Jumper.

I see what you mean. Even though Friends time is obviously coming to and end sooner rather than later I still feel he is an effective player. I like the balance of having them both on the field to be honest so it will be interesting to see where that takes us.

Reactions: Sup42
These stats are the only ones that I compile myself and I have to admit that Sam Tomkins ability to pop up anywhere is doing my head in. Whereas last season saw Kevin Locke chime in predominately on the left, Sam is all over the place. His try last weekend, he started on the left, danced his way to the right and scored in the middle. I think? What about Shaun Johnsons try before halftime? Started by a very compressed line on the right in the middle of the field. Right edge player then makes the break down the left and its the left edge of Manu Vatuvei and Dane Nielsen that finish it off! If anyone takes issue with these stats then I dont blame and feel free to raise your issue.

Quite agree.

Tell the boys that changing direction, and popping up and scoring in unexpected places is buggering up the stats !!

Tell them to BEHAVE !!

[Great stats, by the way. Well worth all your work, and much appreciated]

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Simon's overall workrate - at least when measured in basic stats, definitely seems to be down so far in the first four rounds, compared with his career (certainly in the last 4 odd years) stats. I know this because he's cost me A LOT of money in my fantasy team, haha. Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was because of the long year last season combined with some niggling, or perhaps some more severe, injuries… whatever, I won't be trading him out, I've no doubt that he'll come right!
Simon Mannering comparison 2013 and 2014.png

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Wasnt sure where to stick certain players like Konrad Hurrell and Thomas Leuluai. For the sake of simplicity I stuck them where belonged last year.

These stats are the average per game and are up to date to Round 4.

WING stats.png
Glen Fisiiahi has started the season with a hiss and a roar. To average 1.8 tries a game is insane but it is very early in the footy calender. Manu Vatuvei's still takes out the metres and hitup stats but I think overall Glen Fisiiahi is looking like the more dominant winger on paper.

CENTRE stats.png
This table is actually pretty funny as it sort of reinforces a lot of the perception of most members of this forum. Dane Nielsen doesnt really excell in anything bar recieves and the 1 kickhe did last week against the Tigers. Carlos Tuimavave bar his 1 try is over represented in the red coloured stats. Jerome Ropati is another average centre who is the better tackler and Konrad Hurrell is the form centre in the team dominating the most important stats. The other areas of his game are not far off the mark and all that while playing off the bench!

SPINE stats.png
*Error in receives. Should have Nathan Friends column highlighted.

Actually quite surprised by Chad Townsend's averages. He's not only beating Shaun Johnson in some key stats, the others bar kicking arent all to far off Shaun Johnson. Also looking at the stats between our halves and our fullback see Sam Tomkins beating both or on par with them. Nathan Friend as expected is dominating the tackle stats. Bad ones as well but if you factor in the amount of tackles he makes compared to the other spine players he is probably on a better average (maybe another break down on tackles is needed?).
HALVES stats.png
Just as a matter of interest heres our halves stats side by side.

PROP stats.png
Jacob Lillyman has blown the rest out of the water in the hitups and metres with his last two games. His receives also show he is hunting work a lot more then his contemporaries. Sam Rapira as always is playing the longer minutes and has the best tackling work rate while Ben Matulino is proving his 2nd Row capabilities with his offload and tackle break stats. Suaia Matagi isnt topping any stats but if you take a look at the following table you see he is at least carrying his weight.
PROP avg metres stats.png
Suaia Matagi is winning the metres per run stat. Only by a whisker, or 100mm to be exact, but it just goes to show that everyone in our propping rotation is doing well at something.

2ND ROW stats.png
*Removed Ben Henry as his 14 minute season wasnt worth skewing the table for

Surprised to see Simon Mannering getting beaten out in the tackle stats department by Jayson Bukuya. He does still make more 1 on 1 tackles so that at least one area of his game where he tops the list. Unfortunately for Jayson Bukuya he is overly represented in all the bad stats. His missed tackles are skewed by the dismal performance the right edge had babysitting Carlos Tuimavave against the Eels. Although Feleti Mateo wins out in the metres and hitup stats there really isnt anything in it when compared to Jayson Bukuya's stats. Sione Lousi is well worth the cameos he makes. Minute for minute he is the busiest 2nd rower on the field and thats exactly whats required of him.
2ND ROW avg metre stats.png
Strangely enough, when you look at the efficiency of our 2nd row in scoring stats on each carry, Feleti Mateo is no where to be seen. All bar John Palavi are represented somewhere...

Defensive Stats:
Tackles Made:
1st with 1,435 tackles made (T): Sharks
2nd with 1,364 T: Titans
3rd = with 1,315 T: Cowboys & Dragons
5th with 1,286 T: Roosters
…..
15th with 1,145 T: Warriors

Least Ineffective Tackles:
1st with 42 ineffective tackles (IT): Cowboys
2nd with 43 IT: Warriors
3rd with 49 IT: Bulldogs
4th with 50 IT: Eels

Least Missed Tackles:
1st with 59 missed tackles (MT): Bulldogs
2nd with 78 MT: Cowboys
3rd with 81 MT: Dragons
4th with 83 MT: Storm
…..
8th with 104 MT: Warriors

Effective Tackle Percentage:
This is the tackles made / # of tackles attempted.

1st = with 92% effective tackle percentage ETP: Bulldogs & Cowboys
3rd = with 89% ETP: Dragons, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Storm & Warriors
8th = with 88% ETP: Panthers, Sea Eagles & Sharks

One on One Tackles:
1st with 91 One on One tackles: Titans
2nd with 75 One on One tackles: Wests Tigers
3rd with 73 One on One tackles: Broncos
4th with 71 One on One tackles: Eels
…..
6th with 61 One on One tackles: Warriors

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Defensive Stats:
Tackles Made:
1st with 1,435 tackles made (T): Sharks
2nd with 1,364 T: Titans
3rd = with 1,315 T: Cowboys & Dragons
5th with 1,286 T: Roosters
…..
15th with 1,145 T: Warriors

Least Ineffective Tackles:
1st with 42 ineffective tackles (IT): Cowboys
2nd with 43 IT: Warriors
3rd with 49 IT: Bulldogs
4th with 50 IT: Eels

Least Missed Tackles:
1st with 59 missed tackles (MT): Bulldogs
2nd with 78 MT: Cowboys
3rd with 81 MT: Dragons
4th with 83 MT: Storm
…..
8th with 104 MT: Warriors

Effective Tackle Percentage:
This is the tackles made / # of tackles attempted.

1st = with 92% effective tackle percentage ETP: Bulldogs & Cowboys
3rd = with 89% ETP: Dragons, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Storm & Warriors
8th = with 88% ETP: Panthers, Sea Eagles & Sharks

One on One Tackles:
1st with 91 One on One tackles: Titans
2nd with 75 One on One tackles: Wests Tigers
3rd with 73 One on One tackles: Broncos
4th with 71 One on One tackles: Eels
…..
6th with 61 One on One tackles: Warriors
Not doing too well in the lists you made but we are going well in this one. Personally the most important one as far as Im concerned.

Appreciate the lists Miket12 Miket12. Good to see where we stand as a team in the comp...