General Warriors 2014 Stats

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
As with last year this a thread for any Warriors stats and stats discussion. Any contributions are most welcome so feel free to do your own breakdowns. Also feel free to request custom stats and I'll see what I can do.

Will be working out how to use Google Spreadsheet so you can play around with the tables and sort your own info out. Pretty basic set up so I'll work on a template and start entering the data through there. Until then its back to the images for now.

Added some new stats such as Receives, 1 on 1 tackles, etc. I'll try point them out for this 1st Rounds stats.

I gather all my stats from www.live.nrlstats.com/nrl/. As I understand it they are no longer the official stats supplier to the NRL and the data between them and www.NRL.com can vary greatly.

Any questions please ask...

Reactions: mcdenda

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
These stats are pretty simple. Home team on the left and visiting on the right.

Every player that scored a try are listed in the order they scored them for their team and what minute they were scored. e.g Semi Radradra 4m. Semi scored the Eels first try in the 4th minute.

Additions to the table from last year include 1 on 1 tackles and the new Possession chart. Have also added a Difference column on the far right to make it easier. Its simply the oppositions figure minus ours. Positive number is good for us. Negative isnt. Some of its pretty bad viewing for this game.

Warriors vs Eels Rnd 1 2014 match stats.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Frank White

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Most of you would be familiar with the player stats. Theres a legend at the bottom of the charts if you need it.

New additions are Receives and 1 on 1 tackles. As always I'll highlight the good game high stats in blue and bad game high stats in red.

Warriors vs Eels Rnd 1 2014 Player stats.png

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
This is fairly straight forward. Top chart is the best stats for the game from both teams while the next chart is the best stats for only the Warriors. Next Round I'll be also doing a Best Warriors Stats chart for the season. After Blueys Round it will also include charts for Per Game and Per Minute to get a fairer evaluation.

Warriors vs Eels Rnd 1 2014 Best stats.png

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Another one thats pretty straight forward. This table shows which area of the field or part of the line we are scoring and being scored against. This Round was easy as we all know where the tries were scored for both teams.

Now a try can be scored towards the centre of the field but if its a Dane Nielsen pass to Manu Vatuvei then it'll will be chalked up for the Left hand attack. Same goes for any tries conceded. If its Dane and Manu's edge that lets it in then they will get the black mark. Also if the line break is made by Manu who goes on to pass it to Sam Tomkins who scores under the sticks it'll be a try for the Left.

Next Round will see the season stats also shown. The sample size will be too small to gain any real value to be taken out of the data but it'll start to paint a picture as the season progresses so just be patient.

Warriors vs Eels Rnd 1 2014 Where stats.png

Just a sample of the data collected from last year for the season up to Round 19:

Warriors Season stats Rnd 19 when & where.png

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
This table shows what time bracket we are scoring and being scored against. This is actually for the Eels game so disregard the Raiders title.

Top row shows the 10 minute time bracket the try was scored. Nice is the amount of tries scored. Next is the percentage of our tries we scored during the game were scored in that time bracket and the white bar and percentage shows the two halves. Hope that makes sense?

Warriors vs Eels Rnd 1 2014 When stats.png

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Warriors vs Cowboys Rnd 3 2014 where.png
Sample size is small but there is one clear pattern so far. Right edge is letting in as many as they score. Both edges data is skewed a little after their pathetic defensive effort in Round 1 against the Eels. Hopefully see that smoothed out over time.

Warriors vs Cowboys Rnd 3 2014 when.png
Congratulations to Konrad Hurrell and Sione Lousi for scoring our first tries after the 51st minute (54m and 62m respectively to be exact). Again its only a small sample but its pretty odd how the percentages for the different halves are the exact mirror opposite (33.3% and 66.7%). We are keeping in touch in the first half but the stats support the 2nd half fade that the team have been doing. Prefer to see our points coming in the 2nd half or last quarter so it shows we are closing games out...

Stats summary 2014 Round 3.png

Just a summary of the main stats for each game and collectively for the season. Obviously the red doesnt make for good reading. We have made 62 less tackles which I have made green but its debatable whether its good or bad. Just a little walkthrough of the DIFF bar below so you can see whats happened for the last 3 rounds and hopefully make some sense of it (left to right):

We have scored 35 less points
Made 13 more runs
Made 270 less metres
Made 8 less offloads
Made 10 less tackle breaks
Made 1 less try assist... so on so forth.

Remember, any questions or you spot any errors please ask...

Ryan

Heritage Member
As I understand it they are no longer the official stats supplier to the NRL
Who is now?

NRL Stats was awesome when all their stats, current and historical, were Libre. Thanks to inept management by the NRL, cheap-skate journalists and third-party fantasy game operators (not to mention that NRL Stats is/was run by a Grade A Wanker who was supposedly linked to bad guys in the ASADA affair), stats are now shrouded in secrecy.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Who is now?

NRL Stats was awesome when all their stats, current and historical, were Libre. Thanks to inept management by the NRL, cheap-skate journalists and third-party fantasy game operators (not to mention that NRL Stats is/was run by a Grade A Wanker who was supposedly linked to bad guys in the ASADA affair), stats are now shrouded in secrecy.
https://www.championdata.com.au/index.php/sport/rugby-league