General Warriors 2013 Stats

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Warriors season stats 2013 breakdown.png

Reactions: Rizzah and Sup42
Just looking at the forwards tackle break stats and ikahihifo averaged more tackle breaks per game than any other forward and that's despite only playing about 30 minutes a game- always been a big fan of this kid and hope they stick with him- Hes the forgotten man but i think we've only seen the tip of the ice berg with that one

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just looking at the forwards tackle break stats and ikahihifo averaged more tackle breaks per game than any other forward and that's despite only playing about 30 minutes a game- always been a big fan of this kid and hope they stick with him- Hes the forgotten man but i think we've only seen the tip of the ice berg with that one
Agree. I like him over both Lousi brothers. Not as tall as either but has the same presence. Biggest bonus IMO is he seems to be a lot more agile then either of the boys. Sam is a big boy but still seems a little gumby and Sione is missing a bit of mongrel. Think he'll be persevered with...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Thanks to Miket12 Miket12 for his 2012 stats breakdown https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/seasons-stats-for-2012.10020/. Cheers.

Just a quick comparison with some of the stats available from last year. These were the only player and categories I could find.

Warriors 2012-13 difference.png

With this difference table its important to note the games played when looking at the stats to explain differences like Packers and Tupous metre stats. This is just the straight difference and was achieved by deducting the 2012 stats from the 2013 ones.

Probably a little fairer, but in no way perfect, is the average per game difference. This of course gets skewed by the minutes played in those games such as Manu going off after 10 minutes in Round 1 or Packer when he played only 13 minutes against the Roosters in Round 13. Also Friend sharing the rake role with Taylor when he first came back.

Warriors 2012-13 average difference.png

Some of the 'red' boxes are really trivial like Hurrells Try Assist difference of -0.07. All that means is that every 15th game he's done 1 less try assist from the previous season so bear that in mind. Below is a table to put some of those figures in perspective. The 'Game' column is how many games it would take to achieve just 1 full stat
e.g Nathan Friends Try Assist difference of 0.01 would actually take 100 games to achieve just 1 try assist. Mateos stat of -0.25 means he's down 1 try assist every 4 games. Having played 24 games this season that means on average he was down 6 try assists for the season

Warriors 2012-13 stats game ratio.png
The following players played both in 2012 and 2013 but there were no stats available other then games played and tries scored.

Warriors 2012-13 difference part stats.png
Thats a total of 20 players who survived 2012. 6 players had left:

James Maloney
Lewis Brown
Micheal Luck
Ukuma Ta'ai
Krisnan Inu
Omar Slaimankel

and players like the Lousi brothers were injured all season or spent some time in the Reserve Grade.

8 players making their debut or club debut this year. They were:

Sio Siua Taukeiaho
Charlie Gubb
Dominique Peyroux
Suaia Matagi
Ngani Laumape
Thomas Leuluai
Dane Nielsen
Todd Lowrie...

Any questions, errors or stats you would like to see then post them up...

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
it would be interesting to see if Manu performs better when he had Neilson inside him or when he has others, but im not sure that the stats would cover this as you would have to know when they are both on, when one is out and when both are out and stats for each period. Also things like how many hit ups does Matalino do in the first 10 minutes after he comes on vs how many in the last 10 minutes before he goes off.

I guess im trying to put all the stats into perspective, but I wonder if you would have to keep a much more detailed tally for every player to work it all out. I suspect the club has data like that but it would be confidential as it might show up weaknesses within the team that aren't so obvious.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
it would be interesting to see if Manu performs better when he had Neilson inside him or when he has others, but im not sure that the stats would cover this as you would have to know when they are both on, when one is out and when both are out and stats for each period. Also things like how many hit ups does Matalino do in the first 10 minutes after he comes on vs how many in the last 10 minutes before he goes off.

I guess im trying to put all the stats into perspective, but I wonder if you would have to keep a much more detailed tally for every player to work it all out. I suspect the club has data like that but it would be confidential as it might show up weaknesses within the team that aren't so obvious.
The club would have endless stats on their players. They employ statistician, or a Performance Analyst as they like to call it, Adam Sadler who looks through all the GPS readings that the boys wear during training and games. I'd love to know how fast the likes of Fish and Shaun Johnson run 100m and 40m. That info, as you said, is confidential though.

NRLstats.com may have something along the lines of the Matulino stat your after. They have shit loads of different stats like that.

I can do the Manu/Centre combo one. Was thinking of doing that as well one for Hurrell/Wing combo. Might update the Locke vs Fish FB stats as well. Give me some time. Finding it hard to motivate myself to do these with the way the season ended so lamely...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

Okay. So the following are just the raw game stats for Konrad and the Centres he played with...
Konrad and Wing stats.png

This is the breakdown of the above stats...
Konrad and Wing stats breakdown.png

To be fair, Ropati was a one off and Tupou is gone. To try and unclutter the above mess of numbers Ive removed those 2 leaving Hurrells most steady Wing partners, Ngani and Fisiiahi...
Konrad and Fish.Ngani breakdown.png
Stats wise it all seems heavily in favour of Laumape. I dont agree but then again stats dont tell the whole story do they. There really isnt a lot in it bar Ngani making more metres per game and Konrad being better on defence with the Fish. I'll let you decide...

Konrad and Fish.Ngani graph metres & hitups.png
key.png

The club would have endless stats on their players. They employ statistician, or a Performance Analyst as they like to call it, Adam Sadler who looks through all the GPS readings that the boys wear during training and games. I'd love to know how fast the likes of Fish and Shaun Johnson run 100m and 40m. That info, as you said, is confidential though.

NRLstats.com may have something along the lines of the Matulino stat your after. They have shit loads of different stats like that.

I can do the Manu/Centre combo one. Was thinking of doing that as well one for Hurrell/Wing combo. Might update the Locke vs Fish FB stats as well. Give me some time. Finding it hard to motivate myself to do these with the way the season ended so lamely...
I clocked the fish quicker than Johnson over 40 mts, (using my patented online beats per minute counter as they hit each 10 mt line)... Accuracte as.. Ha Ha...

But the fastest I've timed was Locke back in 2011 before he got injured... Fastest of any I've seen in the whole NRL, David Mead, GI included...

Konrads got some awesome stats alright...

His try assists are non existent tho, which is unusual for a center... Although, I guess he scores the try himself when most centers would pass to the winger so it's not even that bad a stat for him... Ha Ha...

I clocked the fish quicker than Johnson over 40 mts, (using my patented online beats per minute counter as they hit each 10 mt line)... Accuracte as.. Ha Ha...

But the fastest I've timed was Locke back in 2011 before he got injured... Fastest of any I've seen in the whole NRL, David Mead, GI included...

I'd agree with this, Locke in 2011 is probably the fastest guy ive seen in terms of top end speed in recent years, the fact he got gunned down by Tupou this season shows how much he has slowed down

I'd agree with this, Locke in 2011 is probably the fastest guy ive seen in terms of top end speed in recent years, the fact he got gunned down by Tupou this season shows how much he has slowed down
I'd really love an injury update on him, and a few other players. I'd be nice to know if they're ever likely to get back to full fitness or not...

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
Awesome stats mt Wellington- u the man.
u would have to say laumape edges fish although I see that more as an example of how good laumape was rather than a blight on the fish.
Wouldn't be able to add manus stats to compare to them two?

Great job MT, a halves comparison would be great too..I find it interesting how often Shaun Johnson has taken a hammering for floating in and out of games yet TL has become a lot of peoples iconic Warrior, but a quick glimpse of stats shows something different IMO.
TL was a bit disappointing for me this year being the senior half but I can't pinpoint if it was structure and game plan that lead to his secondary role to Shaun Johnson, there were some strange game plans utilised that saw TL provide a lot of ball for Shaun Johnson for expansive play for it to quite often end up in the hands of a backrower.
I also believe this game plan has restricted Mateo by only utilising his talents to the left of the posts, so I wouldn't mind seeing how he compares to other years statistically if that is available.

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
halves comparison would be great too

Game stats. Dont forget that the blue represents the best stats for that category during that game from both teams. Red represents the worst. Can be more then one player...
2013 Halves game stats.png
Note Shaun Johnson's hitup and metre stat for the Round 6 game against the Raiders. Looking at TL's same stats he never cracked 100m in a single game. Shaun Johnson also quite often has the worst tackle stats for the game.

Breakdown of the above stats...
2013 Halves breakdown.png

As a way of uncluttering the breakdowns above and cutting right to the chase Ive put the difference between the average per game stats in the table below. Only the best difference have been displayed (- means both averages are the same)
2013 Halves breakdown difference.png
TBH there really isnt much to separate the 2. Shaun Johnson kicks more and misses an extra tackle and an extra error every game.

Below is a comparison of the total stats for the year. Shaun Johnson dominates most stats (both good and bad!) but as seen from the average per game, when divided by the 24 games they have both played there really isnt much in it..
2013 Halves breakdown graph.png

Below is a graph that represents where they made there metres from...
2013 Halves All run graph.png
and finally just a quick look at how Shaun Johnson stacks up in some of the overall NRL stats. These were the only ones I could easily without having to trawl through the individual stats of all halves. Remember, these are the overall stats so where Shaun Johnson features is where he is ranked in the whole NRL...
2013 Halves NRL comparison.png