General Warriors 2013 Stats

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
That time of year to start compiling player stats. Here are the players season stats (alphabetically) . Break downs to come in the next few days...

Fisiiahi, Glen player stats 2013.png
Friend, Nathan season stats 2013.png
Godinet, Pita season stats 2013.png
Gubb, Charlie season stats 2013.png
Henry, Ben season stats 2013.png

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
First of the break downs. Games and minutes.

Congrats to Shaun Johnson, TL, Mateo and Matulino who played every game this season. Special mention must go to TL who played every minute this year. Shaun Johnson would probably have also played every minute if he wasnt hooked by Elliott during our Round 10 tragedy against the Panthers. He was taken off in the 49th minute, much to his open disappointment. He has played in every other minute of every match. Nathan Friend has also played every game since he came back from shoulder surgery in Round 4. He has also gone 80 minutes since he stopped sharing the rake role with Taylor and Godinet (for 8 minutes in Round 11 which also happened to be Godinets last game). Next Round (12) Friend would play 80 minutes and Taylor would clock up 75 at Lock with Lowrie injured. Warriors would go on to give the Broncos a record home thrashing 18-56...

Warriors season stats 2013 games & minutes.png

*stats are raw. No tweaks, misrepresentations or BS! There may well be errors with so many figures in the mix and I'll apologize in advance. If you spot any Id be happy to correct them...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Manu gets top try scorer for the 9th season straight (some seasons like last year he shared the honour but this year has won it outright). He has topped every stat table in the try department more tries, more often in less time and less passes. To be fair, Till the Beasts hat trick against the Raiders in Round 25, he was neck and neck with Konnie and for quite a few rounds, Konnie was ahead...

Warriors season stats 2013 tries.png

Care to elaborate???
the first thing that comes to mind for me is making good decisions

man he can have real brain explosions

classic example was one of the last plays of the season.
3rd tackles, 5minutes to go, he get that ball in space with 2 men in front of him back in cover and he takes the outside line, runs himself out of space and throws a wild pass infield to the opposition.
even the nz comms described it as a simple mistake not worthy of someone with his experience. manu has plenty of those moments in him especially when the warriors are under pressure

the first thing that comes to mind for me is making good decisions

man he can have real brain explosions

classic example was one of the last plays of the season.
3rd tackles, 5minutes to go, he get that ball in space with 2 men in front of him back in cover and he takes the outside line, runs himself out of space and throws a wild pass infield to the opposition.
even the nz comms described it as a simple mistake not worthy of someone with his experience. manu has plenty of those moments in him especially when the warriors are under pressure

i take it you're not a fan of the beast?

Care to elaborate???
He makes loads of big plays, which is great.

But I think sometimes he sees the big play as the no.1 priority, and takes some even bigger risks to trying to jack one off, when he should really be holding the line for the team.... playing it safe and trying to apply pressure on the opposition....

If he can learn to pick his moments, when to take the big risk, then he'll be a more all round good footy player...

I'd love to see him play to his abilities every game, I really would..... But so far I haven't...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
trying to jack one off
Huh!!! :sperm::confused:

Warriors season stats 2013 offloads.png
No surprises that Offload King Mateo is lights ahead in this one on every offload table. The King has been knocked off his throne with the new NRL Offload King being Corey Parker with 66.

Biggest surprise for me was Matulino who was second equal with Locke at 30. Was skeptical when OMG OMG was suggesting a switch for him back to 2nd row but its all starting to make sense now...

Reactions: 1 user
In nineteen appearances Manu during nine of those Games made between zero and two tackles or per game.

Makes sense he gets rusty.

Reactions: 1 user