General Warriors 2013 Stats

Thank you so much for this analysis of the season. My request (wishful thinking) would be the "when points are scored" post Penrith. I always feel we are so strong just before halftime, and really weak just after halftime. Now that the boys are holding on to leads or fighting it back in the last quarter it will be interesting to see the difference in that last twenty minutes. Awesome stats Mt. W. thanks once again.

Reactions: mt.wellington
Thank you so much for this analysis of the season. My request (wishful thinking) would be the "when points are scored" post Penrith. I always feel we are so strong just before halftime, and really weak just after halftime. Now that the boys are holding on to leads or fighting it back in the last quarter it will be interesting to see the difference in that last twenty minutes. Awesome stats Mt. W. thanks once again.

There was a table on Sterlo which showed the teams ratings for scoring points in the final twenty minutes of the game , it is a close correlation to the teams positions on the NRL Ladder , in other words top eight sides score in the last 20 , the rest are somewhere down the pile.

Warriors were the anomaly ( what's new ) 2nd worst but coming right.......Manly were the top , Rabbitohs etc.

U the man mt Wellington- really highlights their different styles.
With tomkins on his way fishes running stats suggest he can continue to make a fist of playing on the wing while lockes TA and LBA stats give me hope he can nail down a spot in the halves. I think he's a more talented ball player than Maloney ever was- prob a better defender as well.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
With tomkins on his way fishes running stats suggest he can continue to make a fist of playing on the wing while lockes TA and LBA stats give me hope he can nail down a spot in the halves. I think he's a more talented ball player than Maloney ever was- prob a better defender as well.
Lockes overall skill set is too good to lose, that's why I push for him to get a spot in the halves or 14.

Reactions: Defence

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Lot of figures here. Hope you can make sense of them. All up to date including todays game vs Storm...

Warriors Season stats Rnd 20 when pre & post Rnd 10.png

Reactions: Sup42
Matagi's stats are mega impressive. No penalties conceded, no errors no missed tackles. High work rate, high metres gained etc. Wow, stand out Stats player!

Reactions: edd

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Great stuff Miket12 Miket12! Love the tables and they are throwing out some surprising results.

Where do you get your minutes played. I think some of ours differ. I just calculate it myself so it would more then likely be an error on my end...

Don't think Locke's got stupid penalties in him like Maloney does either;)

Reactions: Defence
Reactions: mt.wellington
Matagi's stats are mega impressive. No penalties conceded, no errors no missed tackles. High work rate, high metres gained etc. Wow, stand out Stats player!
he's got 2 missed tackles if I read that right...but yeah phenominal 1 % debut season. We could do with four more of him.

Reactions: Maraea

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Warriors players season stats Rnd 22.png

Warriors season for & against Rnd 22.png

Key points on last table...

FOR THE SEASON
  • Scored 82 fewer points
  • Made 106 less hitups
  • Made 2493 less metres then our opposites
  • Had 45 less sets then the other team
  • Our only positive stat is that across the whole season we have completed a whole 2 sets more then all the teams we have faced
  • We have made 3 more errors
  • Been penalised a whole 7 times more over 22 rounds (20 games)
  • Missed 122 more tackles

PER GAME
  • On average we are scoring 4 points less every game
  • We are making 5 less hitups
  • We are making 125 less metres per game!
  • playing 2 less sets
  • surprisingly we are on average completing the same amount as our opposition or if you want to be fussy the difference is 0.1 per game
  • we are making 0.1 more errors a game which is one extra error every ten games
  • we have been penalised an average of 0.4 more every game. So despite popular myth we get penalised an extra once every 3 games or so
  • we are making 6 more missed tackles per game...

We give the opposition two extra goes with the ball per game. Close losses explained right there. Amazing stats Mt Wellington