General Warriors 2010

• Thread starter Matulino+Gavet=Slick_old
  • Start date

Matulino+Gavet=Slick_old

even though i am a warriors fan inside and out i have given up on them this year a great win agaisnt the roosters but they have the dragons that will be a hard task for them

Warriors 2010

Fullbacks: Wade McKinnon, Kevin Locke, Aiden Kirk
Wingers: Manu Vatuvei, Denan Kemp, Bill Tupou,Thomas Ah Van, Malo Solamona
Centres: Jerome Ropati, Patrick Ah Van, Suitonga Likiliki, Rusty Bristow, Brent Tate
Halves: Brett Seymour (All but done deal), Stacey Jones, Joel Moon, Shaun Johnson, Isaac John, Trent Wallace
Props: Steve Price, Upu Poching, Lesson Ah Mau, Evan Tuimavave, Russel Packer, Sam Rapira, Beau King, Jese Royal
Hookers: Ian Henderson, Alehana Mara, Aaron Pawley, Aaron Heremia, Lance Hohaia
Second Rowers: James Gavet, Simon Mannering, Ukuma Ta'ai, Ben Matulino, Lewis Brown
Lock: Michael Luck, Daniel O'Regan

Other Players in Contention

Jason Cook-Fullback,Wing
Elijah Niko-Utilty
Sione Lousi-Second Row
Roman Hifo-Back Row
Michael AFionga-Back Row
Elijah Taylor-Utilty
Kurt Kara-Hooker

Players They Should Sign

Todd Carney
Nigel Plum
David Kidwell

Warriors 2010

1.Kevin Locke
2.Denan Kemp
3.Brent Tate
4.Suitonga Likiliki
5.Manu Vatuvei
6.Isaac John
7.Shaun Johnson
8.Sam Rapira
9.Alehana Mara
10.Steve Price
11.Simon Mannering
12.Ben Matulino
13.Michael Luck

14.Lance Hohaia
15.Evarn Tuimavave
16.Russel Packer
17.Ukuma Ta'ai

Lego_Man_old

Warriors 2010

1.Kevin Locke
2.Denan Kemp
3.Brent Tate
4.Suitonga Likiliki
5.Manu Vatuvei
6.Isaac John
7.Shaun Johnson
8.Sam Rapira
9.Alehana Mara
10.Steve Price
11.Simon Mannering
12.Ben Matulino
13.Michael Luck

14.Lance Hohaia
15.Evarn Tuimavave
16.Russel Packer
17.Ukuma Ta'ai

Great minds think alike - that is very similar to the team i would select with only a couple of changes. I would retain Moon as i think he has the potential to develop into an uber centre. Huge question marks over Tate post-injury. Seymour in for John to play halfback, Johnson to 5/8th in an ad-lib Benji Marshall style role.

What i like about your picks: you got rid of Lilyman, Henderson, Royal, and Ropo.

Tuimavave is on the outer though and i cant see him here next year. I would also like to see room for Lewis Brown. If Ta'ai was played at bench prop instead of Evarn you could see Big Ben freed up to unleash on the fringes, then have Brown as your bench SR.

Spence_old

A fairly good squad, but there are a few things wrong. Taylor is already in the top team, and Sione Lousi has already been promoted. Leeson Ah Mau is gone, no matter how dearly I wish we had kept him. I don't see the point in signing Kidwell. Also, that's 38-39 players, don't want to count again aha, and a squad is usually 33-35.

Lego_Man_old

If we sign David Kidwell, i'm going to piss in Cleary/Scurrah/Hart's letterboxes. He is the LAST player we could possibly need for next year.

edguy_old

i have a feeling we will let kemp go to the doggies , as we have a couple of classy local wingers , ie billy tupou and "Thomas ah van " , available next year.

we could always try the raging bull tonga likkiliki on the wing ?????...
dam hows that for a wing combo "the bull "and "the beast" ...hahaha

Jesbass_old

i'm sure i heard during the u20s game with kimmorley saying that ah mau is staying at the club..

You may well have, but the official word is that he's going. I genuinely wish, though, that the U20s commentator was right and the club was wrong. :(

Viking_old

does anyone know where roman hifo is now

Playing second row for the Papakura Fox side.

Eddie's at Norths Devils in Brisbane playing QLD Cup but has been out injured for a while. The Devils haven't been going too well without him.

Aaron's playing Vulcans and Otahuhu Fox. Should see more Vulcans games now that Fein's gone to the Dragons. He's on a part time contract to the Warriors I think.

Tajhay_old

amazing....didnt think id see the day when someone suggested we sign kidwell...are we going that bad....

Budo_old

we should sign kidwell, keep jones, bring wiki out of retirement, chase barrets signiture and try and get a whole team of over thirtys, my point being that kidwell is old, even though i like him i would poo if we signed him.

Euro1990_old

I'm thinking of Rapira in the back row and McDade or Retzlaff or Poching in the forwards.

1. McKinnon
2. Locke
3. Tate
4. Mannering
5. Vatuvei
6. Hohaia
7. Johnson
8. McDade
9. Henderson/Heremaia
10. Price
11. Rapira
12. Matulino
13. Luck/McGregor

14. Poching
15. Brown
16. Retzlaff
17. Mara/John/Lousi

Iafeta_old

even though i am a warriors fan inside and out i have given up on them this year a great win agaisnt the roosters but they have the dragons that will be a hard task for them

Warriors 2010

Fullbacks: Wade McKinnon, Kevin Locke, Aiden Kirk
Wingers: Manu Vatuvei, Denan Kemp, Bill Tupou,Thomas Ah Van, Malo Solamona
Centres: Jerome Ropati, Patrick Ah Van, Suitonga Likiliki, Rusty Bristow, Brent Tate
Halves: Brett Seymour (All but done deal), Stacey Jones, Joel Moon (as a centre), Shaun Johnson, Isaac John, Trent Wallace
Props: Steve Price, Upu Poching, Lesson Ah Mau, Evan Tuimavave, Russel Packer, Sam Rapira, Beau King, Jese Royal
Hookers: Ian Henderson, Alehana Mara, Aaron Pawley, Aaron Heremia, Lance Hohaia
Second Rowers: James Gavet, Simon Mannering, Ukuma Ta'ai, Ben Matulino, Lewis Brown
Lock: Michael Luck, Daniel O'Regan

Other Players in Contention

Jason Cook-Fullback,Wing
Elijah Niko-Utilty
Sione Lousi-Second Row
Roman Hifo-Back Row
Michael AFionga-Back Row
Elijah Taylor-Utilty
Kurt Kara-Hooker

Players They Should Sign

Todd Carney
Nigel Plum
David Kidwell

I've highlighted the ones I'd like to see at the club next year. Carney, Plum, Kidwell offer nothing. Carney has a good game, poor attitude, he's beyond repair. Plum is more of the same, a great defender not much else, Kidwell is just an over the hill hack. George Vuna and Nafe Seluini also have the goods.

Euro1990_old

Vodafone Warriors 2010.

1. McKinnon
2. Locke
3. Tate
4. Moon
5. Vatuvei
6. Seymour
7. Maloney
8. Price
9. Henderson
10. Rapira
11. Poching
12. Matulino
13. Luck

14. Hohaia
15. Mannering
16. Packer
17. Tuimavave

18th Man: Brown

Jesbass_old

Vodafone Warriors 2010.

1. McKinnon
2. Locke
3. Tate
4. Moon
5. Vatuvei
6. Seymour
7. Maloney
8. Price
9. Henderson
10. Rapira
11. Poching
12. Matulino
13. Luck

14. Hohaia
15. Mannering
16. Packer
17. Tuimavave

18th Man: Brown

Just out of curiosity, what has Brown done to get dropped, and what has Poching done to warrant a starting spot?