General Warriors 2008 memorable moments

Skinny_Ravs82

New addition:

beating the Eels on Saturday, and manu getting a great hatrick which he was wrongfully denied the previous week against t he Panthers ;)

Kav_old

Funniest moment that turned out to have the least funniest consequences:

Michael Witt's goal kick where the tee when further than the ball. His subsequent absence did unsettle the side (and not just for his goal kicking). He appears now to have recovered his confidence in general play (if not quite his goal kicking).

Kav

AmieJ_old

I agree wif KD - making top 8, has to be a highlight of the year...

Personal highlight... scoring free tickets to 4 of the games :D

Skinny_Ravs82

Funniest moment that turned out to have the least funniest consequences:

Michael Witt's goal kick where the tee when further than the ball. His subsequent absence did unsettle the side (and not just for his goal kicking). He appears now to have recovered his confidence in general play (if not quite his goal kicking).

Kav

LOL yeah that infamous kick! What a moment.

Iafeta_old

My single player highlight?

Grant Rovelli v Newcastle at Newcastle. We're frankly in the crap, they're peppering our line, we haven't won away from home... the voodoo is there. Rovelli nabs a wonderful intercept. That's all she wrote. I could have kissed Grant after that.

Player highlights;

The growth of Manu Vatuvei
Simon Mannering's move to the second row
The reinvention of Lance Hohaia (well done mate, I'd given it to you but boy I will say right here right now frankly I was very very very wrong)
Luck tackling everything
And finally, my favourite performer of the year, Ian Henderson. The man is a beast, and I'm now starting to think along with my good old mate Northern Union that Hendo is a chance at Origin next year. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

And, also nice to see Sam Rapira's end of 2008, he's been awesome at the back end and re-earnt in my opinion his Kiwis test jersey.

Kid-Dynamite_old

Yea just on Grant Rovelli, he probably provide the funniest moment for me this year.

When he got the intercept against the Knights, the way he just pinned his ears backs and just ran, literally, dead straight, and then got run down and looked behind as if to say, who dares run me down! :D Was great to watch. I could watch replays all day!

Wouldn't of been so funny if we had of lost that game though!

Skinny_Ravs82

LOL yeah the expression when he turned and saw it was Jarred Mullen was funny!

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

I thought the logan swann intercept against the knights in auckland at the end of the match was great as well

Keeping Ridge quiet the last couple weeks in the Super Sport, after bagging everything at the Warriors for 20weeks.

Ivan Cleary-2 out of 3 years in the final as a coach. Would have been 3 out of 3 if we hadnt been docked 4 points.

LordGnome_old

I thought the logan swann intercept against the knights in auckland at the end of the match was great as well

Keeping Ridge quiet the last couple weeks in the Super Sport, after bagging everything at the Warriors for 20weeks.

Ivan Cleary-2 out of 3 years in the final as a coach. Would have been 3 out of 3 if we hadnt been docked 4 points.

Good point.

Skinny_Ravs82

*bump* Bringing this thread back! Hehe. I'm gonna mark finals Week 1 and 2 as two brilliant stand outs of this year :D

kane_old

My high point is beating melbourne in the first week of the finals. I had to laugh when michael witt was scoring the try and the cameras cut to ivan clearly in the box though. also our winning run over the las 3 months would have to be up there. All part of riding the warrior roller coaster

Skinny_Ravs82

Yep seeing Ivan's expression, that was good, something I think we've all done and felt before!! ;)

Kid-Dynamite_old

Michael Witt scoring 'THAT' try against Melburne will make me smile every time I see it! No matter how many times! :D I love it!

Jesbass_old

Sitting on a coach surrounded by 35-40 Australians in France, being updated on the Warriors-Storm match via text, (thanks, Skins and PB), and being able to gloat at our victory.

Repeating the same process for the Warriors-Roosters match in Italy.

Leaving the tour just in time to avoid having to face the music when the Warriors-Manly match happened a few days later.

Skinny_Ravs82

Glad you enjoyed the updates! lol I don't know what my bills going to be! :p