General Warriors 2008 memorable moments

Skinny_Ravs82

Well guys there's only a few more weeks of season 2008 left to go, and who knows if we are going to feature in finals football or not. But in the mean time this is the thread to pick out some of your favorite moments by the Warriors this year.

Let's try to keep them positive but if there was a negative moment that stands out as being memorable then sure you can mention that one too.

I'll start things off:

* Beating the Bulldogs twice this year
* Sonny Fai's try against the Storm, in the wet.
* Brent Tate giving Knights player; Cameron Cireldo (?) a cuddle...in that Knights match in Auckland.

so it's over to you guys

Jesbass_old

Driving three hours through flooded terrain, around landslides, and through towns with no power to sit in the freezing wind and rain against Melbourne. It was so numbingly cold that we got moved to the upper stand for a bit of cover. And to have that 8-6 win make it all more than worthwhile. I view that as one of the most complete Warriors victories in the history of the club.

You Aussie-based fans really do miss out on so much, having to watch the televised version.

JonB_old

The game against the Tigers was a break out sort of game I think, we got a glimpse of the real Sonny Fai

Kid-Dynamite_old

Just a few:

-Beating Melbourne 8-6
-Winning for Ruben on his 300th against the Tigers and then the next week at home against the Cowboys
-Wade McKinnon's try in his come back match! :D
-Our 1st half against the Bulldogs in our 40-22 victory. That was fun to watch!

And I'm sure there are more highlights to come! ;)

ToiletDuck_old

Driving three hours through flooded terrain, around landslides, and through towns with no power to sit in the freezing wind and rain against Melbourne. It was so numbingly cold that we got moved to the upper stand for a bit of cover. And to have that 8-6 win make it all more than worthwhile. I view that as one of the most complete Warriors victories in the history of the club.

You Aussie-based fans really do miss out on so much, having to watch the televised version.

As much as I miss Auckland winters...I'll take watching the Warriors on tv over here :)

KeepingTheFaith_old

Have to go with the Vatuvei try first game back from injury. Shame he re-injured himself but for that brief moment it was gold.

Also, it's not a single moment, but the emergence of Simon Mannering as a near complete backrower has been a joy to watch. Defensively he's always been punishing but his attacking game has really improved to match his defense and work ethic.

blain91_old

i love manus try vs the storm early in the year, where he powered over the line. man that was amazing..

KeepingTheFaith_old

Can't remember who it was against, maybe the Knights? It was the cross kick when we were defending close to our line. Blinky leaps, catchs the ball and takes off for a length of the field try.

Skinny_Ravs82

Can't remember who it was against, maybe the Knights? It was the cross kick when we were defending close to our line. Blinky leaps, catchs the ball and takes off for a length of the field try.

Yes that was the Knights game. Great moment indeed.

Kid-Dynamite_old

The home game against the Knights, it was such an intense exciting game!

Yea, the away game was just as intense!

Remember Ah Van had to get that penalty with a couple of minutes to go, which he did, and we won 18-16, I think it was!

Skinny_Ravs82

*bump*

Anymore '08 memories?!

I want to include the recent beating of the Panthers 42-20, despite a couple of bad moments.

ToiletDuck_old

To be honest I think people are waiting for a) Wade's verdict; b) the Broncs vs Knights on Friday - and then if necessary - c) Warriors vs Eels .... before making any sweeping '08 judgements.

Skinny_Ravs82

To be honest I think people are waiting for a) Wade's verdict; b) the Broncs vs Knights on Friday - and then if necessary - c) Warriors vs Eels .... before making any sweeping '08 judgements.

But those are still to come, I refer to all the games past that have had its fair share of highlights

kiwiin sydney_old

the u20's getting in the finals
manu's return
wades contribution so far
LANCE HOHAIA's form
Ian Henderson