General Vulcans

Est95_old

I think no one gives a shit tbh, they would play their GF somewhere in Queensland?

LordGnome_old

I think that the NRL should bring back a full reserve grade, once the new salary cap is finalised, then we could have the three GFs one after the other on TV - get the beers in!

Est95_old

Isn't the QLD Cup a much bigger event then the NSW Cup.

Really? Dont most Sydney NRL teams have feeder clubs in the NSW cup, and therefore more interest? I dont actually know I just thought it would be bigger

sebastian_old

Isn't the QLD Cup a much bigger event then the NSW Cup.

I don't know how or why. It is said that the Qld Cup is of a slightly higher quality. NSW cup should hold more club players, or so you'd think. So i'm not sure why.

I'd like to think the NSW cup level rose, when the Vulcans were admitted :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Eccawarrior_old

Just read the Vulcans will play at Mt. Smart, so 3 games this week there inc. 1st Grade and Toyota Cup, damn I wish I could go but I'd have to catch a plane from Aus :( if only I was closer.

RobRoyMcCoy_old

Just read the Vulcans will play at Mt. Smart, so 3 games this week there inc. 1st Grade and Toyota Cup, damn I wish I could go but I'd have to catch a plane from Aus :( if only I was closer.

Yeah I am definitely going to go and watch all three matches. Good times:thumb:

Fazz_old

lets hope for a replay of last time this happened (aggregate score of something like 120-20 to us)

Eccawarrior_old

Yeah I am definitely going to go and watch all three matches. Good times:thumb:

Make sure you cheer harder for me then.
I'm going to the GF this year, gonna get tix for Kangaroos Vs Kiwis at Ausgrid for Oct and going to the NRL All-Star game next year, happy times :yo:

Spence_old

Is Presto playing his final match at next years All-Stars game, or just the end of this season?

Eccawarrior_old

Is Presto playing his final match at next years All-Stars game, or just the end of this season?

I hope so, it would be good to see him in that particular game just like Sailor was.
At the end of the year everybody can vote for All-star players but I hope Presto will be automatic in, if not he'd get my vote, but we'll just have to see.

mrblonde_old

Can you all imagine how awful Monday, October 3 2011, will be in Australia if :
The Vulcans win
The Warriors U20s win
The Warriors First Graders win.

Probably be relegated to a 3 line/bottom left hand/second to last page piece in all the papers....

KeepingTheFaith_old

I don't know how or why. It is said that the Qld Cup is of a slightly higher quality. NSW cup should hold more club players, or so you'd think. So i'm not sure why.

I'd like to think the NSW cup level rose, when the Vulcans were admitted :D

Yes, QLDers often say that QLD cup is higher quality. Not convinced it's true myself. Would prefer the NSW Cup GF be played the same time as the QLD Cup GF which is a week before the NRL GF I believe.

Then on GF day we could have QLD Cup winner vs NSW Cup winner. That'd be worth watching.