General Vulcans.

kingkole_old

I agree with the provincial concept this would be perfect in an ideal world but again the provincial concept does not work because they cannot generate enough sponsorship-thats why ive suggested regional franchises by having regional franchises your able to broaden your sponsorship by looking outside the square.

As well i dont think i said for the NZRL to fund the comp each team needs to create a viable business plan to prove sustanibilty as well as profitability and thats why ive suggested looking at bringing in the island sides, if they play regular footy in NZ the local island communitys will support them.

but again this comes back to the teams business plan how they can drum up support,why should we support them,and how good is our product.

In-regards to Waicoa Bay STALLIONS if people didnt know where they were from then maybe they needed to look at there promotions department.

I think we would all love to see a viable national championship, and theres no doubt we have enough players local, in aussie and in england to fill a number of strong teams,if rugby league in nz can show the paying public that our product is good and entertaining then they the public will come.

kiwi's 13-6_old

yeah marketing is has to be part of the deal, even if you get team members and management in the center of town one day handing out flyers or discounted tickets, puting up posters in shops etc anything. got to let people know that the sides exist and where an when they are playing.

so where in oz are you playing kingkole an what kind of deal would it take for you to consider playing back in nz?

kingkole_old

i got scouted a few years back and most of the boys ive played with are either in england or at the back end of there careers,if i had a choice to play back in new zealand id prob-consider going to union-because the league system in nz is just to dis-organised which is realy unfortunate.

kiwi's 13-6_old

yeah until nzrl gets it's act togetther union's the best bet to get paid in nz. in fact thier little at present that even is competitive except for the odd club comtract in fox memorial in auckland. ocassionally clubs in chch pay people. think the days of players getting paid in wellington are long gone except for a bit of beer money here and thier. really got to play league for the love in nz in it's current state