General Vulcans.

Magic Stick_old

Vulcans lost 66-4 today to the Bankstown Bulls....Vulcans can take heart that the Bulls would likely beat the Warriors

Vulcans need to go

sebastian_old

Melbourne at one time had North Sydeny in the NSW Cup & a Qld Cup team, I wonder how they supported that, did New's Limited just pump the money in? I think now they have dropped North Sydney (I think South's took over) & now they just have a Qld Cup team.

Viking_old

Melbourne at one time had North Sydeny in the NSW Cup & a Qld Cup team, I wonder how they supported that, did New's Limited just pump the money in? I think now they have dropped North Sydney (I think South's took over) & now they just have a Qld Cup team.

Their reserves play for the Central Coast Storm in the NSW Cup but next year they'll be entering their own team in the competition based out of Melbourne, a reserve grade side essentially and will sever their ties with Central Coast.

2B2S would know better than me but I'm pretty sure they don't send players to the QLD cup at all now.

Its a sad ending for the Vulcans if it is all over.

Norby_old

I was there today, HEARTLESS was the word that came to mind. No one stood out in that team for the Vulcans, there embarassing.

Utai is a friggin stump.lol.

Viking_old

What development is getting done now....60 point hiding's every week

only development going on there is there technique standing behind the goalposts

The Vulcans are gone mate. Non playing Warriors will be playing Fox Memorial footy next year probably.

Euro1990_old

Sad to see the Vulcans go. In 2010. They should have a Warriors Reserves in a competition you have over there.

garyhobson_old

Poor comp anyway. For the Warriors to sign this James Maloney from there and give him a 2 year contract is pathetic too. Vulcan should try and strike a deal in the Queensland cup, its a better standard. Dan Hunt plays in it even though hes still eligible for the u20s broncoes side, hes been playing both. There is a guy we should have gone after instead of Maloney.

kingkole_old

If u look at NSWC its a competetion thats struggling 2 stay afloat in its current format yes the worriors r gone but they aint the first and they wont b the last if you look at the sides there only affiliate teams st george drop there prem side and associated themselves with shllhrb penrith -windsor/wenty-parra -Banks-doggies u c in its current form the NRL CLUBS R STRUGGLING TO FUND a semi pro comp so they go looking outside the square and associate themselves with clubs who have stong viable leagues clubs as this is how alot of fringe player r paid overhere as a player u can get more money playing BRC OR PARK FOOTY ,so i support the worriors on that front but we do need a pathway nxt year ST MARYS LEAGUES RE-ENTRES the BRC and without doubt they will have an eye on entre to NSWC with a shaky relationship between them and the panthers the worriors shld keep a close eye on them and maybe look at setting up a feeder with the strongest non NRL club in OZ.

kingkole_old

If u look at NSWC its a competetion thats struggling 2 stay afloat in its current format yes the worriors r gone but they aint the first and they wont b the last if you look at the sides there only affiliate teams st george drop there prem side and associated themselves with shllhrb penrith -windsor/wenty-parra -Banks-doggies u c in its current form the NRL CLUBS R STRUGGLING TO FUND a semi pro comp so they go looking outside the square and associate themselves with clubs who have stong viable leagues clubs as this is how alot of fringe player r paid overhere as a player u can get more money playing BRC OR PARK FOOTY ,so i support the worriors on that front but we do need a pathway nxt year ST MARYS LEAGUES RE-ENTRES the BRC and without doubt they will have an eye on entre to NSWC with a shaky relationship between them and the panthers the worriors shld keep a close eye on them and maybe look at setting up a feeder with the strongest non NRL club in OZ.

Viking_old

Poor comp anyway. For the Warriors to sign this James Maloney from there and give him a 2 year contract is pathetic too. Vulcan should try and strike a deal in the Queensland cup, its a better standard. Dan Hunt plays in it even though hes still eligible for the u20s broncoes side, hes been playing both. There is a guy we should have gone after instead of Maloney.

Who is Dan Hunt, is he Ben Hunt's brother? Is he any good?

What possible benefit could any QLD cup side get from alligning itself with the Warriors, the 3rd worst team in the NRL this year? Every QLD cup side is already alligned with another club. Explain how a side alligned with one of the 3 Qld NRL side would be better off alligned with the Warriors?

Be realistic.

kingkole_old

i think the point of having a feeder in the QLDC has merit if u understand that it just wont b about the warriors, teams normally provide feeder as away to not only benefit there big brother club but also themselves but again if i where the warriors id look at a sydney club to be my feeder like ST MARYS LEAGUES
and 4 those who know this club there possibly one of the strongest junior district clubs in the world there financialy secure they have no real loyalty ties 2 them its all about business and what benefits there club if the NZW affiliated themselves with these guys they will have sum1 2 fit the wage bill.

Spence_old

Gary, I'm going to assume you mean Ben Hunt, from the Broncos, not Dan Hunt from the Dragons.

I haven't watched Hunt or Maloney extensively, so I will comment on the games I have watched only. Hunt was poor in an even poorer Broncos team, Maloney was good in a fairly good Storm team. I guess it isn't really a fair comparison, since Hunt was thrown in the deep end during origin, but Maloney has handled himself better thus far. He might turn out to be a terrible player, but let's give him a chance first. He has big raps on him and he is still young (22 I think), that's enough for me at the moment, especially after how poor our halves have been this year.

kingkole_old

Yeah i agree in part maloney does have talent but in saying that he has had a bit of time 2 develop in2 a 1st grader prior 2 finch arriving and i think the fact that the storm where still keen on arana taumata says 2 me they lacked confidence in parts of his game,dnt get me wrong i think the kids got talent i jst hope he shows it nxt year.

Euro1990_old

Anybody know Aletai Nafetalai. Tongia's cousin and i wanna know some info on him.

Norby_old

Atelea Nafetalai? sure, hes most annoying come the weekends, always knocking on my window asking a ride home from the clubs.lol.

But seriously..he is the the cousin of Sione Tongia, big centre with good speed but his most deadly weapon is the right hand fend! If you've seen a few of the Otahuhu games on Maori television you will see that alot of defenders are thrown out of his way with ease. Tony Kemp says 'its the biggest hows ur father' hes seen in a long time. Very Inglis like.

He's had a few games with the Vulcans this year, but has stayed back trying to help Otahuhu Fox side reach the final, which we didnt. *awww*

He has come up through the grades with guys like Con Mika, Leeson AhMau and Aaron Pawley.

Hope that helps you out a little there mate

Euro1990_old

Thanks Norby. He sure looks like a good player. Do you guys think he is worth a crack in the NRL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Euro1990_old

Plus guys. Do you know which competition they should go to which is based in New Zealand and has teams across New Zealand.

There is the Bartercard Premiership. Only problem is the season only goes for five weeks then the finals begin. Good luck in the future Vulcans.

kiwi's 13-6_old

the queensland nrl teams reserve grade side play in the queensland cup

the nsw nrl teams reserve grade sides play in the nsw cup

nz is not a league backwater we can have a the warriors reserve grade side playing in a new zealand cup! if you bilud it they will come!

8 team nz premiership -warriors reserves
-auckland (arl)
-northland (with draft players from north harbour clubs)
-waikato
- bay of plenty
-wellington
-canterbury
- west coast ( with draft players from canterbury)

the rugby union npc is at the end of the winter so we could should have our nz rugby league cup earlier in the season with the final agt the end of august.

could easily be done hook up some sponsors for each side pub, local bussinsess, get funding thru city councils, sparc, lotto grants. do contra deals with local papers and radio stations free advertising in exchange for free jersey selve logo's ground signage. the nzrl could get some tv money from sky or prime or maori tv and give each club a small grant for thier operational costs. and gate takings maybe $5 to get in gold coin for student and benficiaries free for kids under 16 and youve got a semi pro comp happening!

the australian worship has to stop would be great if we could just back ourselves we can have a comp that is up to qld & nsw cup standards. and down the line when we get a 2nd nrl side from nz thier reserves can play in this comp as well!

Last edited by a moderator: