General Vulcans vs Tigers

Spence_old

His touch background would definitely help him with his option taking. When he first came into the scene he was guilty of fluttering around a bit too much thinking about what he should do, but I think he has cut that out of his game nicely.

bigstuboy_old

where was PATIENTS VULCANS man today didn't hear him once maybe they stopped him at the game

Fazz_old

johnson will be nsw player of the year 7 tries in his 4 games and countless try-assists and line breaks and line break asssists he is a freak.

Geez I knew he'd been scoring a lot but that's freakish! Surely Ivan has been in touch with him, making sure Shaun knows he is in the clubs plans...

Fazz_old

Yeah def. I just hope it's been made super obvious to him haha. If he ended up going to Souths or some other club I'd have to slit my wrists...

Fazz_old

I think everyone that follows the u20s will be in on it. I'll make the event on facebook. Haha

JAH_old

i remeber reading that Johnson is happy to play a season of NSW cup to find his feet a bit before he gets a crack at 1st grade.Got a mate who plays NRL and he played NSW cup he said theres a big difference between that and 1st grade he rates QLD cup as a better comp.

Fazz_old

I'd imagine NSW Cup is better then u20's though, so it's something haha. Good pick up on Johnson being happy in NSW Cup, it'd be a shame if he was too impatient to wait.

bigstuboy_old

i remeber reading that Johnson is happy to play a season of NSW cup to find his feet a bit before he gets a crack at 1st grade.Got a mate who plays NRL and he played NSW cup he said theres a big difference between that and 1st grade he rates QLD cup as a better comp.

yea of course there is a gap but you can still spot out who could play top grade and who can't hell seymour played for the vulcans this year and didn't play anywhere near as good as shaun and yet he gets a recall it doesn't make sense. i rekon do what another poster said play maloney in the vulcans with shaun while the warriors have a bye to build a combination with shaun then play them together after the bye i think we only play the roosters and theyr rubbish at the moment.

Spence_old

The only thing I've heard was from an interview with him on Radiosport at the end of last season. He said he didn't think his body had matured enough, and he still had some things to work on his game. He didn't say the words, but he seemed happy enough to play out the next season in the NSW Cup.

When is he contracted until?

Fazz_old

Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, does Shaun. Maybe that's why Nafe was let go? Too impatient and they didn't want to deal with his attitude, whereas guys like Johnson and Mara seem to be happy to bide there time since they know the cream will eventually rise to the top.

Fazz_old

I've been looking in the Penrith part of LU all week and there doesn't seem to be anything on it other then somebody earlier in the week saying he could play fullback. So maybe just dropped?

PB_old

It was in an Aussie paper that Nafe is out with an indefinite injury. The main Panthers forum is bit annoyed about his status as they rate him, and there has been no official word. As such it leaves the reason open to conjecture.

Fazz_old

Ahhh...Cheers mate. They'd be fools not to rate him tbh haha.Hopefully it's nothing major and he gets back on the field. The Panthers need all hands on deck...

Spence_old

Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, does Shaun. Maybe that's why Nafe was let go? Too impatient and they didn't want to deal with his attitude, whereas guys like Johnson and Mara seem to be happy to bide there time since they know the cream will eventually rise to the top.

Seems plausible to me.