General Vulcans v Cronulla

Spence_old

This is very good news to me. Since Fisiiahi is also playing wing, like Locke, it shoes that Locke (and Fisiiahi) isn't necessarily being considered a wing. It's just the Vulcans like Aranga at fullback. I think I might go to this game... I have only every seen one Vulcans game, and it hasn't been overly appealing to me before, but there is some serious talent in this team. If anyone is interested I can do a detailed commentary on the game when I get back from it.

1 Johnny Aranga
2 Glen Fisiiahi
3 Shaun Metcalf
4 Atelea Nafetalai
5 Bill Tupou
6 Willy Heta
7 Pita Godinet
8 Jeremy Latimore
9 Alehana Mara
10 James Gavet
11 Ukuma Ta’ai
12 Matt Robinson
13 Sema Mataora

14 Darin Kingi
15 Mataupu Poching
16 Tulson Caird
17 Saulala Houma

:thumb:

LordGnome_old

This is very good news to me. Since Fisiiahi is also playing wing, like Locke, it shoes that Locke (and Fisiiahi) isn't necessarily being considered a wing. It's just the Vulcans like Aranga at fullback. I think I might go to this game... I have only every seen one Vulcans game, and it hasn't been overly appealing to me before, but there is some serious talent in this team. If anyone is interested I can do a detailed commentary on the game when I get back from it.

:thumb:

So The Fish is so concussed he is in the wrong team?

P.S. Commentry would be good.

Fazz_old

Very interested in seeing a write up on it.
One interesting thing about that team sheet to me was that Mara has snagged a starting spot. Hopefully he's pushing for selection and Heremaia will be dropped for him soon...

Any news on Johnson getting back soon? He needs to get on the field or Godinet will be the one suiting up for an NRL debut this year...

Also good to see Poaching in the side. How is Robinson starting? =S

Spence_old

Yeah, I saw they had dropped Kingi to the bench. It's hard to know what to read into it though, since the Warriors don't have absolute say in the teams.

Fazz_old

I just take it to mean that his form has been good, which can only be a good thing.

Spence_old

One thing I haven't really thought about too much. Is Aranga someone we should be getting excited about...? I know that the coach will be faithful to his own Vulcan players and what not. But he must still have some pretty mad skills to be able to fend Locke/Fisiiahi off.

Fazz_old

He did score a try in the trials...so maybe? I'm sure you'll be able to give rest of us some insight after seeing him play.

Tajhay_old

watching that video...godinet reminds me so much of arana taumata when he was calving up the arrive alibe cup....cant wait to see him come into the first grade squad.

Fazz_old

Not sure anybody ever will.

I remember one game in his last year where he won the Bulldogs the game singlehandedly. Scored a couple and set up the rest + dominated in defense...it was freakish.

I wonder had Willie Mason not talked him out of coming to the warriors, would he still be in league?

sebastian_old

That Vulcans team is the reason we fans must keep faith this year as that sort of talent in depth is quite new & unfamiliar to us.

LordGnome_old

Vulcans got spanked;

https://www.aucklandvulcans.co.nz/

The Auckland Vulcans suffered their first loss of the season today, when they played the Cronolla Sharks at Mt Smart Stadium.
Behind 18-12 at half time the Vulcans had no answer for the dominant Sharks, who eventually ran out convincing winners 42-18