General Vulcans team

Spence_old

Gelling has really impressed me. I wouldn't play him over Mannering, Mateo, Rapira, Taylor, Ta'ai or Brown, so it would probably be best for him to leave, but I definitely think he could get an NRL gig if he sorts out his attitude (which it seems like he has).

Jesbass_old

Gelling has really impressed me. I wouldn't play him over Mannering, Mateo, Rapira, Taylor, Ta'ai or Brown, so it would probably be best for him to leave, but I definitely think he could get an NRL gig if he sorts out his attitude (which it seems like he has).

I'm guessing by your post that he's a back rower? Is there another player running around in the NRL who you could compare him to as being on similar skill levels?

Spence_old

He's a young backrower, came from Roosters NYC team last season. He has a similar skill set to Mannering, I guess. Nothing too fancy, just runs nice and straight. Makes a lot of line breaks just running nice lines a few passes wide.

Chip Douglas_old

Because I'm so far out of touch, whats happening with Moon? Could he be a possible replacement for Luck at Lock? He was a pretty handy player when I watched him last play (which was a while ago). Why wasn't he looked at in the centres either? If he's in a rut, he needs to fight his way out. I think he has something to offer.

blain91_old

He's a young backrower, came from Roosters NYC team last season. He has a similar skill set to Mannering, I guess. Nothing too fancy, just runs nice and straight. Makes a lot of line breaks just running nice lines a few passes wide.

He also has similar tendancys of Nate Myles in his down time..

What I have seen in him, has potential for sure.

Jesbass_old

Because I'm so far out of touch, whats happening with Moon? Could he be a possible replacement for Luck at Lock? He was a pretty handy player when I watched him last play (which was a while ago). Why wasn't he looked at in the centres either? If he's in a rut, he needs to fight his way out. I think he has something to offer.

It's interesting, because he was apparently one of our stand outs in the trials and by memory he made the All Stars match along with Mateo.

Does anyone have the good oil on this?

Spence_old

Looks like he's fallen out of favour. He only got one good chance at centre and now it looks like Cleary has ruled him out for the season. I think it would be extremely unlikely that he would be here next season and I don't think he'll play again.

Looking towards the future, I think his best position would be lock, for whatever team he goes to.

blain91_old

I liked him at centre.. Hes generally solid. The thing that is annoying is he goes quiet for long periods of time, has a great game then goes missing again. If Inu/Mannering gets burnt this week, I would bring him in.

2big2strong_old

Try scorers are..

Bill Tupou
Poching
Godinet
Mara

Good to see 4 of our fringe first graders getting on the scoresheet

2big2strong_old

This caller is calling the wrong names apparantly.

The last tryscore was Taka, not Berrimud and the try before was Godinet for his 2nd, not Kingi.

Vulcans 34

Wolves 4

2big2strong_old

From the sounds of it Tupou just saved a certain try by smashing Shane Elford into touch after a chip and chase line break made by the Wolves.