TeamList Warriors vs Knights [Round 4, 2024]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hospital for boils is unusual, but not unheard of.

Poor bugger must have had a boil or boils in dangerous spots like on a nut or around the eyes etc.

Gee his immune system must be trash to get a plague of boils. Dude seriously needs to look at his diet, his sleep, and his stress management.

Excuse the diversion, Saifiti is indeed a beast when he fires up, in a way it would be good to see because some of our boys could do with a slap in the face too...in a good way....
Yeah perhaps the headband was nothing to do with impersonating Papenhuyzen as it states but around the boils? Would hope that Barnett would need no invitation to take his old club head on, hopefully the rest follows. The tigers great win should be an indication to all teams that no team can be taken lightly, injuries or whatever the circumstances. Was heartened watching matt Johns podcast and cooper Cronk saying that coming into the season he had reservations around us, cowboys, manly and someone else? Perhaps eels? He said that watching the early rounds he has no doubt they’re all the real deal. Not that what he says is gospel but he does usually have a good eye

IMG_8090.jpeg

I challenge anyone who doubts the Rompey Pompey to go to 2:28 in the video below and tell me that's not Heyzeus himself reincarnate walking on water..

View: https://youtu.be/QswOfOYHsGU?si=Cn6D44GJhksly7RP

I'm not doubting pompey at all I'm just saying Leiataua is the future and pompey already is not! He's been made a depth guy as soon as we signed RTS.

I don't know why you guys are so scared of losing to the Knights that we need to be safe and pick Pompey.

How is playing Leiataua in cup this week going to help him grow? We need to feed these kids and keep them hungry by giving them a taste of nrl no?

While yes pompey will do a good job but I stick by my coments on this.

It's not the right call! But I know I know fuck all and I'm just a punter. But to me you must always have one eye on the future.

Just glanced the Knights teamlist. I don't recall the Knights pack being this small when we played them last year. No Leo Thompson but also dIdn't realise that Lachlan Fitzgibbon had left. Mad Jack is the only one I really fear in that Knights pack.
They are a lot like some of the old Warriors sides, the ones where we had honest toilers and no superstar forwards.
Kind of pack that on its day can quietly upset anyone.

Ponga and Gagai are in great form, only need an average pack when those two are on their games.

That's pretty much his only career highlight haha
The Warriors made top four in 2023 off their defence. Go look up the Stats for that side. The one stat where they were better than most of the NRL was their defence.

Rugby league is a defensive sport, it has always been a defensive sport going back to the rugged miners and farmers from the North of England that broke away from the toff pussies that played Union.

Every single title holder in the NRL has been a top defensive side.

Center is the Apex of Rugby league defence. Most Try's in Rugby league are scored out wide, most Try's that are stopped in Rugby league are stopped by the work and communication of Centers.

This is why, when clubs have injuries to their centers, they play back row forwards at Center.

Think about it. You have no Center to fill the void, every single Professional Rugby league coach reaches into his best tacklers from his forward pack to fill the void....not the backline...the forwards...Center is the only backline position that the automatic gap filler is a forward.

You think Centers should be attacking players first, which as I have painstakingly just explained is the complete opposite of how a Real NRL coach views that position when he loses his Center options.

Hey, if you were right, NRL coaches would put block busting attackers from other backline specialties in at Center when they are short.

But no, none of them do. All of them plug a hole at Center with a tackle bot forward, meaning they understand the attack side of Center is not important compared to the defence.

Adam Pompey deserves a lot more respect from posters on this forum than he gets.

The cold truth of why Ali (who I love and rate) is not playing this weekend is that 2023 defensive Adam Pompey set the defensive bar way to high to justify Ali starting.

The best Centers this country has ever produced in the modern era, Dean Bell, and Ruben Wiki, were hit men out wide, the likes of Toopi, McKraken, Blackmore, Iro, Dean Whare, were good, but the reason Dean Bell and Wiki are remembered as the GOAT Centers is the way smashed the three quarter line and dominated through their defence.

Last edited:
I really like Metcalf and watching his 2 tries this year I reckon his ideal position is fullback. Could be like a Lockyer type where he’s adaptable to both
Careful mate. I suggested that was the case previously and got set on by the Luke's family members.

He isn't better than who we have there currently though so it's unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back