ozbash_old

Vince Mellars

Vince Mellars 2003 1

reminds me a bit of that warrior center we had from welliungton. ended up at the sharks and the newton jets but i cant remember his bloody name !!

big solid young bloke, speed to burn.

Last edited by a moderator:

da mad maori

old kiwi said:
reminds me a bit of that warrior center we had from welliungton. ended up at the sharks and the newton jets but i cant remember his bloody name !!

....................................................................................................

you talking about Vince Mellars mate.??

Skinner_old

da mad maori said:
old kiwi said:

....................................................................................................

you talking about Vince Mellars mate.??

That's HIM, I couldn't think for the life of me

Cheers

MiXmasterreece_old

I hear he was on the wing for the Roosters last night. Anyone see him? I heard he was good under the high ball but didnt really hear anything else ?

KeepingTheFaith_old

His positional play was very good but offered very little on attack. When returning the ball from dummy half he got dropped hard more often than not.

Iafeta_old

He didn't get any ball on attack in fairness to him.

He was outstanding under the bomb, but, still, when he did get ball in hand he looked the same Vince Mellars, a little bit slow out of the blocks and lacking dynamics to break a tackle. A lot of potential there, for whatever reason he doesn't in my opinion have the leg speed to be a top outside back. Much like Vinnie Anderson however, I could see him going well as a backrower.

andytones_old

yer i watched the game, good under the high ball and cleaned up a big mistake he did in the in-goal nicely but apart from that didnt really see him do anything

P.S THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

edguy_old

mixy u posted this in the wrong section by the way ....
u should have posted it in the Nrl talk section ... :wink:

aussie_warrior_old

He is only 22... still heaps of time ahead of him yet.

edguy_old

i saw him play the cowgirls the other nite....he looks like hes lost heaps of weight , and that he had picked up a metre or 2 of pace...

good luck to yuh vinnie ..... join the que of warriors cast off s who do better at other clubs....lol

commonsense_old

im more interested in seeing how vince mellars performs

scottyb_old

commonsense said:

i've seen vince play a few times this year and he seems a bit cumbersome, he's a good player but something about him makes it looks like he lacks mobility, he's pretty quick in a straight line but i think he could be stepped very easy, i hope i'm wrong coz i want all the kiwi's in the nrl to do well, but something about him makes me think he will have a short career (as i sais, i hope i'm wrong)

warriors4life_old

scottyb said:
commonsense said:

i've seen vince play a few times this year and he seems a bit cumbersome, he's a good player but something about him makes it looks like he lacks mobility, he's pretty quick in a straight line but i think he could be stepped very easy, i hope i'm wrong coz i want all the kiwi's in the nrl to do well, but something about him makes me think he will have a short career (as i sais, i hope i'm wrong)

Mellars has played well for the Roosters on the wing this year, good enough to hold a full-time spot when Minichiello and Amos Roberts come back I've heard.

Ronnie_7_old

Hey I saw Vince Mellars on there aye. When did he crack back into first grade? And at the Roosters at that. Last time I saw his name he was at the Sharks

Skinny_Ravs82

Ronnie_7 said:
Hey I saw Vince Mellars on there aye. When did he crack back into first grade? And at the Roosters at that. Last time I saw his name he was at the Sharks

Yeah, odd ain't it. I guess he left the Sharks or something.I didn't hear anything about it to be honest.

2big2strong_old

lol, he's been playing on the wing since about round 5 with the Roosters. Apparently last year he signed a deal with the Newtown Jets and this year they became Roosters Feeder club and he hit some sort of form. this week will be about his 7th game in a row for the Rorters

2big2strong_old

Q:what 'unique' nationality is former Vodafone Warrior, Vince Mellars?

warriors4life_old

2black2strong said:

Half-Maori, Half-Korean I think.

Vince%20Mellars.JPG

Doesn't look it though.

2big2strong_old

warriors4life said:
2black2strong said:

Half-Maori, Half-Korean I think.

Vince%20Mellars.JPG

Doesn't look it though.

Correct. I think he looks it. Haenamana