ozbash_old

Guest
Vince Mellars

Vince Mellars 2003 1

reminds me a bit of that warrior center we had from welliungton. ended up at the sharks and the newton jets but i cant remember his bloody name !!

big solid young bloke, speed to burn.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

da mad maori

Guest
old kiwi said:
reminds me a bit of that warrior center we had from welliungton. ended up at the sharks and the newton jets but i cant remember his bloody name !!

big solid young bloke, speed to burn.
....................................................................................................

you talking about Vince Mellars mate.??
 

Skinner_old

Guest
da mad maori said:
old kiwi said:
reminds me a bit of that warrior center we had from welliungton. ended up at the sharks and the newton jets but i cant remember his bloody name !!

big solid young bloke, speed to burn.
....................................................................................................

you talking about Vince Mellars mate.??

That's HIM, I couldn't think for the life of me

Cheers
 

MiXmasterreece_old

Guest
I hear he was on the wing for the Roosters last night. Anyone see him? I heard he was good under the high ball but didnt really hear anything else ?
 

KeepingTheFaith_old

Guest
His positional play was very good but offered very little on attack. When returning the ball from dummy half he got dropped hard more often than not.
 

Iafeta_old

Guest
He didn't get any ball on attack in fairness to him.

He was outstanding under the bomb, but, still, when he did get ball in hand he looked the same Vince Mellars, a little bit slow out of the blocks and lacking dynamics to break a tackle. A lot of potential there, for whatever reason he doesn't in my opinion have the leg speed to be a top outside back. Much like Vinnie Anderson however, I could see him going well as a backrower.
 

andytones_old

Guest
yer i watched the game, good under the high ball and cleaned up a big mistake he did in the in-goal nicely but apart from that didnt really see him do anything

P.S THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY
 

edguy_old

Guest
mixy u posted this in the wrong section by the way ....
u should have posted it in the Nrl talk section ... :wink:
 

aussie_warrior_old

Guest
He is only 22... still heaps of time ahead of him yet.
 

edguy_old

Guest
i saw him play the cowgirls the other nite....he looks like hes lost heaps of weight , and that he had picked up a metre or 2 of pace...

good luck to yuh vinnie ..... join the que of warriors cast off s who do better at other clubs....lol
 

commonsense_old

Guest
im more interested in seeing how vince mellars performs
 

scottyb_old

Guest
commonsense said:
im more interested in seeing how vince mellars performs

i've seen vince play a few times this year and he seems a bit cumbersome, he's a good player but something about him makes it looks like he lacks mobility, he's pretty quick in a straight line but i think he could be stepped very easy, i hope i'm wrong coz i want all the kiwi's in the nrl to do well, but something about him makes me think he will have a short career (as i sais, i hope i'm wrong)
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
scottyb said:
commonsense said:
im more interested in seeing how vince mellars performs

i've seen vince play a few times this year and he seems a bit cumbersome, he's a good player but something about him makes it looks like he lacks mobility, he's pretty quick in a straight line but i think he could be stepped very easy, i hope i'm wrong coz i want all the kiwi's in the nrl to do well, but something about him makes me think he will have a short career (as i sais, i hope i'm wrong)

Mellars has played well for the Roosters on the wing this year, good enough to hold a full-time spot when Minichiello and Amos Roberts come back I've heard.
 

Ronnie_7_old

Guest
Hey I saw Vince Mellars on there aye. When did he crack back into first grade? And at the Roosters at that. Last time I saw his name he was at the Sharks
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Ronnie_7 said:
Hey I saw Vince Mellars on there aye. When did he crack back into first grade? And at the Roosters at that. Last time I saw his name he was at the Sharks

Yeah, odd ain't it. I guess he left the Sharks or something.I didn't hear anything about it to be honest.
 

2big2strong_old

Guest
lol, he's been playing on the wing since about round 5 with the Roosters. Apparently last year he signed a deal with the Newtown Jets and this year they became Roosters Feeder club and he hit some sort of form. this week will be about his 7th game in a row for the Rorters
 

2big2strong_old

Guest
Q:what 'unique' nationality is former Vodafone Warrior, Vince Mellars?
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
2black2strong said:
Q:what 'unique' nationality is former Vodafone Warrior, Vince Mellars?

Half-Maori, Half-Korean I think.

Vince%20Mellars.JPG


Doesn't look it though.
 

2big2strong_old

Guest
warriors4life said:
2black2strong said:
Q:what 'unique' nationality is former Vodafone Warrior, Vince Mellars?

Half-Maori, Half-Korean I think.

Vince%20Mellars.JPG


Doesn't look it though.

Correct. I think he looks it. Haenamana
 

Similar threads

mt.wellington
Replies
115
Views
8K
uncmase
uncmase
mt.wellington
Replies
74
Views
4K
AusWarriorsFan
mt.wellington
Replies
149
Views
8K
WA supporter
WA supporter
mt.wellington
Replies
85
Views
6K
The Falcon
The Falcon
mt.wellington
Replies
529
Views
23K
Big_Fattz
Big_Fattz