General Video Refs

Tyrael_old

Just watched Souths vs Storm highlights and Dave Taylor's disallowed try was definitely a try.

I'm not sure what the video refs have been smoking this round but they need to stop.

EnterFien_old

That try was not sent to the video ref. If it was i'm sure he would of got the try

EnterFien_old

I think Taylor was half to blame for it because he didn't really look like a player that had scored a try. At first glance and by watching his body language you would of sworn he lost it short until you see the replay

Iafeta_old

Not sure from the one look I got, but I don't think he ever knocked it on. What about at the end when the Storm dude grubbered in goal, ran straight into Crocker like he'd been hit by a freight train, and Chris James gave the penalty. They asked the other ref who made up some horsehead story that he couldn't see it... I agreed with Ray Warren, it was "really, it was not a penalty but I'm not going to show me mate up."

Fazz_old

Crocker also milked one about 12 minutes in by intentionally tipping himself upside down by kicking his legs for a penalty. He's such a fugging grub.

Chch fan_old

Melbourne really push the envelope on everything but they are still by far the biggest wingers! They got the rub of the green today big time yet Cameron Smith still feels the need to arguie everything that goes against them.
Crocker did nothing wrong. The Taylor no try/try should have been a penalty for a strip at worst as the commentry team said.

Fazz_old

Crocker is a known Milker/grub. In this case I'm gunna say Melbourne were in the right.
Mainly because Crocker Hate>Storm Hate

one-eyed-warrior_old

IMO storm a team who were caught cheating the cap and the bunnies a team who havnt been caught yet

Fazz_old

Bunnies will never be caught. You need to be successful for it to matter if you're cheating the cap tbh.

Lol@50uth$

one-eyed-warrior_old

Yeah what's the point of stripping the wooden spoon for salary cap breaches lol

Spence_old

The Warriors haven't had too many reasons for complaint about NRL refereeing this season - until Saturday night.

Video referee Pat Reynolds' decision to rule out a James Maloney try that would have levelled the scores midway through the second half was undoubtedly a game-changer in a low-scoring defeat by the Roosters. Reynolds needed just one replay to decide that Krisnan Inu's brilliant kick recovery included a knock-on.

"One look at that? I mean, seriously," Warriors coach Ivan Cleary said. "I just get this feeling that he saw something that no one else could."

Cleary was quick to pay tribute to a Roosters' defensive effort that snapped his side's five-match winning run, but was still struggling to digest the no-try decision yesterday.

"I couldn't see a knock on. When I first saw it in real time ... sometimes you can tell by a player's body language. Krisnan for the all the world thought it was okay. Then they showed the head-on shot to see if it had come out and I just went 'oh well that's benefit of the doubt at the worst'."

It wasn't, with the decision halting the increasingly rampant Warriors' momentum. While they will also rue their inability to turn early pressure into points in the wet conditions - and the two tries conceded in the shadow of halftime - the Warriors would have fancied their chances of completing the comeback had Maloney's effort been awarded.

"It was a crucial time," Cleary said. "We'd scored and there was another knock-on missed from [Anthony] Minichiello on the kick return straight after we'd scored. They were two big calls in a row. Momentum is everything. I was feeling pretty good as Jimmy was scoring that try. I was thinking 'righto we're coming to get them here'.

"But, look, you've got to give credit to the Roosters. They played pretty well and defended really well."

Young halfback Shaun Johnson's much-awaited debut was a somewhat muted affair. The 20-year-old playmaker produced several neat attacking kicks - including one that led to Simon Mannering's try - but also forced a bad pass with the Warriors chasing the game late on.

"He'll look back at the game and think he could have done some things differently, but for a first up effort in a pretty tough game I thought he did all right," Cleary said. "Defensively he really put himself out there. I was pretty happy with him. He is going to get a lot better but, all in all, he played 80 minutes in a really tough game and that can only help him."

On the good news front, Steve Rapira's wrist injury is not believed to be as serious as first feared.

Early reports that Rapira - who produced a strong effort on his club debut - had broken his wrist were incorrect, Cleary said.

"He's had issues with both wrists in the past. Sometimes he gets hit in the wrong way and it goes a bit numb on him. It's not a broken wrist." Cleary was hopeful Rapira would be fit to face the Tigers at Mt Smart on Sunday.
By Steve Deane

Link.