General Urgent Request From Butch

Jesbass_old

This is from Peter Leitch, our beloved Mad Butcher.

Urgent Support Needed.
On Breakfast TV this morning - TV1 between 7-9am, Paul Henry made the comment "Who cares about the Vodafone Warriors?" and was quite derogatory with his comments about the Warrriors.

We need to show him that people do care about the Warriors!!
So, the challenge is to get as many people as possible to email him today and tomorrow at breakfast@tvnz.co.nz with our thoughts and to prove that there are a lot of fans out there who do care!!

So come on - get off your bu**s and send your email now - I HAVE!

Peter Charles Leitch QSM
The Mad Butcher
Honorary Ambassador of
The Vodafone Warriors

Come on, folks, get in behind the Butcher! :D

MiXmasterreece_old

"In regards to Paul Henry's ridiculous comments on Breakfast this morning,

Who cares about the warriors??? I certainly do, my family does, my friends do, my workmates do, the thousands who signed up to the Vodafone Warriors supporters club do, the people who religiously turn up to games certainly do! What are you passionate about Paul? What are you passionate about that nobody cares about?

Your talking about a club that a lot of people have put their blood, sweat and tears into developing, a club that gives back to the community, a club that is the mainstay of a lot of New Zealanders' weekends.

Since when did Paul Henry become a sports journalist, from memory Paul's sporting knowledge is extremely limited. Just more narrow minded dribble from Mr Henry - looking for an easy laugh by making one of his usual uninformed comments.

If I wanted informed sports reporting Paul, I'd read one of the fine Rugby League Magazines produced and imported in this country, I'd watch Sport tonight on TV3 or the Footy Show - I certainly wouldn't tune into Breakfast. Paul Henry should stick to speaking about what he knows best and loves talking about upmost : Paul Henry.

Who cares about Paul Henry?

Regards"

mosh_old

I thought he needed a kidney or something when i read the title lol.
Anyway ive sent my email.

Jesbass_old

missed it could someone please tell me what this t**t said thankyou

As quoted in the first post from Peter Leitch:
On Breakfast TV this morning - TV1 between 7-9am, Paul Henry made the comment "Who cares about the Vodafone Warriors?" and was quite derogatory with his comments about the Warrriors.

By the way, MiX, I loved your email, mate. The last line was brilliant! :D

Northern_Union

Mines been sent and i was careful to mention that i live in the south so he couldn't come up with the lame excuse that only Aucklanders care.

moonfire_old

When i was watching that episode I laughed and thought to myself "Some stupid high school kid is going to see that and write a letter that makes all the other warrior fans look like dip ships". What i had not predicted was that the rest of the fan base would quickly follow suiete making us look like whining little babies who can't take a joke.

We seriously need to lighten up!

The comment in the context inwhich it was said was very funny!

Last edited by a moderator:

Northern_Union

Call me a militant dip stick but i barr up when league is belittled in this country.

moonfire_old

If people can cop my jibes about the warriors being the only team to win this weekend then I can cop a side comment followed by a cheeky grin.

MarkW_old

I try and avoid Paul Henry on tv or radio, so I don't really care what he has to say ;)

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

if anyone has seen this clip of my family back from 2005 im going to send that in! well i may depending on your thoughts

make sure your volume is at max is was very soft when i recorded it.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhTPBppHqs[/youtube]

can a mod or admin please Embed it please

Last edited by a moderator:

Warrioraholic_old

Haha, we made an impact, hes ok, he likes to get a reaction. The way Paul Henry treats Kay on TV is so un pc its not funny. He doesnt have a clue about sport so was just putting his views forward.
Was good he read out butchs email and was scared of John Hart.

Its another day in paradise.........

Jesbass_old

Haha, we made an impact, hes ok, he likes to get a reaction. The way Paul Henry treats Kay on TV is so un pc its not funny. He doesnt have a clue about sport so was just putting his views forward.
Was good he read out butchs email and was scared of John Hart.

Its another day in paradise.........

What was the response, Warrioraholic? What did Butch's email say?

moonfire_old

Incidentally, what was the comment?

He was saying how no New Zealand team won this weekend and his co-host pointed out the warriors had. He responded by saying "Oh yes, but who cares about them" and may have added "They ain't even a real sports team". I couldn't help but laugh.