General University research on fans' views of racism in the NRL

Dear all,

I am an academic at the University of South Australia (my details are included at the beginning of the survey) and I am conducting some research on fans’ views of racism in the NRL. To do so, I have constructed an anonymous survey and it should only take a few minutes of your time to complete:

https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_56j56GYzfreMd6u

Completing the survey is voluntary, but I hope you agree it is a topical study and I thank you in advance for your time.

Probably the right forum to include in the study....this being the home of hands like Gorilla's and Jungle ball.

You gotta laugh, much has and is being done by the networks and the League.

Onwards and upwards.

• Haha
Reactions: Boats n Hoes

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Damit, i ticked that i hadnt personally witnessed any racisim, its been just on two years since i was last at a game, but i was wrong and wanted to change it, but the survey wont let me go back and change it.
Remember i really only get to games on anzac day in Melb with one in Bris for the last 13 years further back is harder to remember.
Wow just realised as i wrote it, how long its been since i moved here. I used to go to just about every game when i lived in Auckland think i would be unlucky to miss more than one a year. Yipes...

To me the Black lives matter thing is a political issue, and because Sports and politics should never mix I wish BLM was kept out of sport. Just my opinion, I like watching games and hate the build ups to games etc - Just get on with the games and all these political movements just make the fans wait for the kick offs longer.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
To me the Black lives matter thing is a political issue, and because Sports and politics should never mix I wish BLM was kept out of sport. Just my opinion, I like watching games and hate the build ups to games etc - Just get on with the games and all these political movements just make the fans wait for the kick offs longer.
Unless you are a black American who has experienced what they are protesting about then kindly STFU. Its cu**s like you that are the biggest part of the problem...

There are some really ignorant people who think that black lives matter is a racist.

Protesting against people being murdered because of their colour is not racist.

It is called doing the right thing.

As for separation from sport....what Olympic Boycott.....Stop the tour planet are you people living on?

Sport is, and will always be a vehicle for political expression, why do you think Govts spend Billions of dollars on their athletes.

Nelson Mandela spoke about this issue, the Kiwis who stood against Aparthied....same thing is happening with BLM, a racist system is opprsessing, abusing and killing blacks, get on the right side of history or stay ignorant.

More Marxist with their degenerate ideas. One of their leaders even say they are Marxist.
Some of the BLM lot have got extremist ideas including defunding the police, however it shouldn’t detract from the main message which is stamping out racism. I’ve never got why discrimination on colour grounds is a thing in the modern world, it belongs in the dustbin of history. That and religious intolerance are the biggest problems going

Woah man, he is just having an opinion. Personally I would rather keep all 'non sports' things out of it as well. That doesn't mean I disagree with the movement at all.
This exact same argument gets thrown out over in the us media. "NBA players should just shut up and dribble the ball!". It's disingenuous as fuk to be honest. Majority of people against it just don't like attention brought up to racial injustice.

Edit: I used the completely wrong word in there i think (ingenious). This is why i suck at explaining things lol. There's another word that should be there, completely escaping my mind now. Second edit: have fixed it

Last edited:

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
the only way u will ever remove politics from sport is to remove people from sport. not allowing people to have a say is a political statement. letting people have a say is also a statement. the comon factor isnt sport its people

Some of the BLM lot have got extremist ideas including defunding the police, however it shouldn’t detract from the main message which is stamping out racism. I’ve never got why discrimination on colour grounds is a thing in the modern world, it belongs in the dustbin of history. That and religious intolerance are the biggest problems going
This is gonna be a long thought out reply that it deserves so will bookmark for later. Gotta go bed now, it's 1130, gotta get up at 530. But i agree with a lot of your message just a few points i wanted to correct or give my opinion on. Will reply tomorrow brother

Reactions: Fonzie
This exact same argument gets thrown out over in the us media. "NBA players should just shut up and dribble the ball!". It's ingenious as fuk to be honest. Majority of people against it just don't like attention brought up to racial injustice.
Only FOX NEWS says that, most of the media make out that black people are victims of white people.

Reactions: Worried2Death