General Under 20's

insulinboi_old

well done to the under 20's for beating the broncos 24-16!!

Big turn around from last week

raypower_old

Locke was ace. They closed out the game well especially as they looked like getting rolled early in the second half.

Iafeta_old

Sione Louisi played a great hand, I thought. MArk him down as another NRL player of the future.

Fazz_old

I liked Tupou's Defense. Some bad attacking options though.
Locke was great as always.
Props seemed weak to start with but improved a lot towards the end.
Mike Afioga was a stand out for mine as well. He seems to have improved a lot from last year.
Taylor came up with a few kicks at the end of sets when forced to do so as well. They wern't too bad either.
I thought the halves were really weak though. Jody Henry especially...

Magic Stick_old

Jody Henry is average as....dont see much from him that he will greatly improve over the season either

KeepingTheFaith_old

Thought the forwards were a big improvement on the first two games, but they don't look like matchwinners. Hopefully they'll continue to improve as they get more game time.

They get a lot of help from the backs though. T Ah Van has got fantastic leg drive and Bristow is like a bowling ball with legs. Tupou always makes metres as well.

Would like to see the halves get more involved. Johnsons is struggling a bit after a few freakish round 1 plays. Needs more time to develop, but it'd help if the platform was a bit stronger. I'd like to see how Johnson goes at Toyota Cup level if he had Ah Mau, Packer and Matulino around him. Unfortunately they're required in first grade so he's going to have to make do.

Viking_old

How did James Gavet go off the bench?

Laban, Lousi and Taylor had some impressive stats.

Taylor's out for a month with a badly broken finger it said in the Herald today.

Spence_old

Sione did impress me, gotta love his hair. The other second rower also, his name escapes me...

2big2strong_old

That was Siutonga Likiliki...

He was dropped for the broncos game but Rusty Bristow couldn't play because of Bronchitus (too many bongs), so he was recalled.

I don't think that Peter Mills offers anything.

Spence_old

Is he usually a fullback? Or just a utility back? Finally who were the two wingers? I thought #2 had a good game. I don't know the U20s just by face at the moment, I should probably try get one of their posters.

2big2strong_old

Haha, Mills is usually a fullback I think but maybe he has attacking ability's which is why Iro played him in the centres. Kinda how Toopi made his big break...

Wingers were #2 Bill Tupou, #5 Thomas Ah Van.

Spence_old

Were they really? Sigh, that's terrible. I definitely should have known those two...

Viking_old

Sione did impress me, gotta love his hair. The other second rower also, his name escapes me...

Mate, you wanna see his younger brother Samuela, 3 or 4 inches taller and 5 plus kgs heavier than Sione at least. He's gonna be a handfull when he breaks through to the 20s but the 17 year olds will only filter through if the older boys get injured this year.

It's going to be hard for any centres or wingers to get chances with Bill, Thomas and Suiutonga still eligable for a few more years. Ben Henry looks to be the next cab off the rank, he was on the bench initially this week but James Gavet ended up playing.

ToiletDuck_old

Someone should tell Shaun Johnson to get the % plays under his belt before trying to become Benji Marshall. Brilliance is fine but majority of the game is always going to be building a platform before unleashing.

Anyway I'm sure Iro et al. have it under control.

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

Elijah Niko number 15 , not Taylor the captain, broke his finger.
The Herald is mistaken yet again.