12 Rodney Mason
13 Lucas Miller

14 Kirran Shearer
15 Teason Fa’avae-Eli
16 Matt Croker
17 Jarrod Tua

COACH: Rip Taylor

edguy_old

i always had alot of time for howie mathews.... good step and good pace..
played fullback and wing for the nyc team.
where is wado ?

PB_old

How can Latimore play for the vulcans and the first grade squad?

Normal version: Latimore/Moon is named to indicate that he is assured of the position should he drop of the first grade bench.

Conspiracy version: Latimore/Moon is named because he actually will be playing for the Vulcans and a mystery prop/winger will appear in first grade.

Or many versions in between. Such as the naming being a ruse, with both Latimore/Moon and mystery prop/winger appearing.

Ivan loves a good mystery. He works from the M Night Shyamalan playbook. Everything appears as normal and then, BAM! In the end it'll turn out that we've been watching ghosts play. Then Cleary and Iro rip off their faces to reveal that all along we were being coached by Costigan and Halligan. As they are hauled away they'll yell out, "We would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky supporters."

I need a Scooby Snack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesbass_old

How good or bad is Donald Tony? I know he's related to Motu, so I naturally assumed he'd be in a similar position - utility back, or the halves, perhaps - but I see he's at lock. Is he of a different build and style?

Jesbass_old

Has Wade given up?

I'm assuming (hoping) he was unavailable for selection, either through injury or disciplinary reasons. I can't see what benefit the club would have in refusing to let him play despite him being available.

PB_old

I'm assuming (hoping) he was unavailable for selection, either through injury or disciplinary reasons. I can't see what benefit the club would have in refusing to let him play despite him being available.

I understand he has a hamstring injury.

Jesbass_old

Cheers, PB. Seems pretty under the radar, don't you think? I've not seen many (any) mentions of it in the media.

PB_old

Cheers, PB. Seems pretty under the radar, don't you think? I've not seen many (any) mentions of it in the media.

Sure, but that's not surprising. An injury to a Warrior that would be in top grade or is on the up provides easy, relevant, column inches. An injury to a fullback on the decline who misses out on playing for the Vulcans doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Unless there's a comeback angle.

I acknowledge that being told that someone has a hamstring injury and someone actually having a hamstring injury are two separate things, but I'll accept the easy answer. With all the injuries we've had it's more than probable.

Jesbass_old

Sure, but that's not surprising. An injury to a Warrior that would be in top grade or is on the up provides easy, relevant, column inches. An injury to a fullback on the decline who misses out on playing for the Vulcans doesn't quite have the same ring to it. Unless there's a comeback angle.

I acknowledge that being told that someone has a hamstring injury and someone actually having a hamstring injury are two separate things, but I'll accept the easy answer. With all the injuries we've had it's more than probable.

Yeah, I considered that, but then Elijah Taylor made the news. Maybe that's because of the length of the injury? Who knows - I would have thought there'd be a Chris Rattue article detailing the dramatic climb and fall of one Mr McKinnon.

Viking_old

How good or bad is Donald Tony? I know he's related to Motu, so I naturally assumed he'd be in a similar position - utility back, or the halves, perhaps - but I see he's at lock. Is he of a different build and style?

Completely different to Motu, less flair but a better work ethic and physically bigger. Similar to Ben Henry IMO. He's eligable for two more years after this one I think.

Jesbass_old

Spent a bit of last season with the Tigers reserves too I think. Did he ever get a first grade game at any club?

Yeah, he played one match for Cronulla against the 22-10 loss to the Tigers in Round 18, 2006.

He played the full 80 at fullback, and some stats look good (1 line break, 2 try assists), and some look not so good (58m gained, 2 kick returns for 18m, 4 errors).

Jesbass_old

Completely different to Motu, less flair but a better work ethic and physically bigger. Similar to Ben Henry IMO. He's eligable for two more years after this one I think.

Cheers for the heads up. So he's clearly got plenty of time on his side. Do you rate him, Viking?