Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nationality
  1. 🇦🇺 Australia
Nickname
Webby
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
March 3 2023, Round 1 vs Newcastle Knights at SKY Stadium, Wellington, New Zealand
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2015
  2. 2016
  3. 2023
  4. 2024
Signed From
Penrith Panthers (Assistant Coach)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Webster_(rugby_league)
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/coaches/andrew-webster/summary.html
The plan is fine in my estimation (although i did enjoy the good arguments being put forward for change).
The issue at the moment is our ability to deliver on the plan consistently.

Our plan is to dominate territory and to exhaust the opposition who have to work it our from their end and they just can't get at us.

The reason the plan is not working is not a flaw in the plan.

We are turning over too much ball, we are giving away too many penalties.

Therefore the opposition are not tiring, in fact it is us that is tiring.

More recently the momentum swings engineered by us are sporadic, in bursts, and this is a function of missing Marata, Jazz, and Walker when those blokes are playing well. Curran was part of that metric too.

Last year our mobile bench would come on and kick up the momentum against a tiring opponent and we would finish the game over the top of them, like we almost did against Melbourne.

If you look at our losses this year, they are all speckled with costly errors and penalties at crucial times.

We are meant to be winning games by pressure, last night we let the pressure off, then compounded it by letting the resurgent Dragons get their tails up, put the pressure on us.

That was an ugly loss.

Our left edge attack is stagnating at the moment, needs more time, then we will be able to throw new stuff at teams.

Against the Dragons, if we had of played our plan properly, then at worst it would be a low scoring loss, at worst......but the plan was not the issue, us falling apart was the issue.

I am concerned about how Webster gets on picking these boys up for this week, that type of loss has seen many good NRL teams sink beneath the waves as their psyche is damaged by that type of humiliating defeat.

I know Webster is protective and conservative with our Juniors, but that is in their best interests long term, and that should be the plan over changing their stress loading by making them responsible on debut for trying to win a game that the seniors have dug them into a hole with....now that could really harm a players development...because if Webster had of thrown them in there while the game was still winnable....and we got thrashed, everyone including the rookies would be blaming them.
We are letting out of their end too easily. Missed tackles

However, if 'x, y, and z' isn't working, you need to be able to counter the new challenge with creativity and instinctiveness. As Mike Tyson famously said: "everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face". When the Warriors are getting punched this season, it doesn't seem to trigger a new response. Instead, they double down on the process and hope that the attrition of possession and field position will eventually yield results.
Your opinion on our game plan reminded me of the Ali vs Forman fight. Rope a dope! A few games this year we come into as favorites. We start strong, we tear up the field and we look unbeatable! But, as time drags on, our attack is failing to land that crucial knock out blow. We are dominating every stat early in the game, we have the opposition against the ropes. Then suddenly they fight back! And we have nothing left to throw at them. They absorbed all of our power punches and we have nothing left in our bag of tricks, we start to fall apart! We get rope a doped!

Not saying I think this should happen but I actually think CNK could transition better to centre after he’s already played for the Kiwis there to accommodate RTS at fullback in the past
I think RTS is the best fullback at the Warriors. But CNK is the best fullback for the Warriors. Like Ringo in The Beatles. Not the worlds best at anything but he ties it all together and because of that they all play better.
Webby has to be giving the whole RTS thing a lot of thought

I think RTS is the best fullback at the Warriors. But CNK is the best fullback for the Warriors. Like Ringo in The Beatles. Not the worlds best at anything but he ties it all together and because of that they all play better.
Webby has to be giving the whole RTS thing a lot of thought
If TMM gets hurt and CHT is injured they may ask RTS to try his hand at 6

Back