TeamList Dragons vs Warriors - [Round 7, 2024]

almost forgot there was a game tomorrow after the adrenalin of yesterday. I have to believe wets drops off the bench for maiuu. Dragons are confident from beating the tigers but if we put aside that horror show performance against manly and return to our processes this week, we should squarely put them in their place. It'll be a struggle for the first 20-30 minutes as they will come out with a lot of energy, buoyed by what is likely to be a high capacity crowd tomorrow. But once we weather the storm, holes should emerge through their middle like they did against souths 2 weeks ago. They are incredibly suss defensively around the ruck which api brilliantly exploited last week for one of their tries. Egan can do the same this week.

Any citings of Johnson taking the flight over? I could see CHT at 7 and both Pompey (or TT) and Zyon Maiu’u on the bench.

Just because if he is carrying around a minor injury, this would be the game to rest him, 6 days since the last game, 6 days until the next one on anzac day - its a long season - could just about accommodate the dragons without him.

Pompey on the bench game day purely for his first grade experience? Otherwise very green bench? Paul Roache in for some hooker/backline cover? Could make an argument for all six left tbh.
yeah, it really is a case of most of the run on team being earmarked for 80... so for interchanges it's a question of who is then capable of holding a line and/or who is there for any impact ... feast or famine... let's eat anyhow

Yeah CHT picked up a leg injury at training apparently.
I knew all along and said it several times during the off season. All four of our halves are injury prone so it is not going to be a matter of having a ranking between them, injuries will dictate who plays and form will become obvious. Here we are in round 7. Two of the halves are out injured and we are down to our last two standing. If Volkman was healthy and had stayed at the Warriors he would have gotten game time this year. I really hope CHT heals quickly as TMM is fragile and I don't trust him to last past round 12 at most without getting a long term injury.

Ale, Laban, Pompey, Leiataua - Zyon Maiu’u 18th man & Roache reserve 😂 the future is now
images.jpeg

Back