Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do believe that shows like q and a are a necessity as long as it’s unbiased, which I think it is. This governments being held to account just like the previous and their coalition partners were by the show and given the platform to convey their side what’s levelled at them. Newshub nation too was a worthwhile watch
The cuts don't make sense in a lot of areas, and will cost this country dearly. In fact that's happening already.

But I suspect they'll make sense in a context to run everything down, claim government is bad (even though they're the government), let's sell everything off plan.

This is reliving the bad parts of the 80s and 90s.

And this manufactured recession is now a disaster.

And, while I'm at it - who the fuck is monitoring the immigration levels? Why, when there are mass redundancies and a recession being manufactured are we letting in 100000s of people? What gaps are trying to be filled when there's no counteraction to the lack of infrastructure, healthcare, housing etc?

A cynic might say (that's me by the way) that there's a deliberate move to push up house prices (check out the major donors to Act and National) and suppress wages.

It's bleak.

Right, that's enough for one day, time to hit the real outside world!

I do believe that shows like q and a are a necessity as long as it’s unbiased, which I think it is. This governments being held to account just like the previous and their coalition partners were by the show and given the platform to convey their side what’s levelled at them. Newshub nation too was a worthwhile watch
I'm not interested in Q&a and I suspect many others aren't.
My preference would be more free to air local sport or individuals doing interviews on a low budget station.

Oh one more.....this

1712955956769.png

I'm not interested in Q&a and I suspect many others aren't.
My preference would be more free to air local sport or individuals doing interviews on a low budget station.
Wish I was as trusting in government to not need to be held to account as yourself but I’m a pessimist by nature unfortunately unless the topic is the Warriors. Interestingly just as a fall in confidence of media has grown, so has a fall in confidence in politicians and government been growing and I get the feeling that because media is likely the cause of this in the democratic world that there’s a growing campaign to discredit the source. We the consumer need to be smart enough to decipher what’s bullshit and what’s legitimate and follow a trusted source until they lose your confidence, and be able to choose what’s factual as opposed to what’s opinion by media

And, while I'm at it - who the fuck is monitoring the immigration levels? Why, when there are mass redundancies and a recession being manufactured are we letting in 100000s of people? What gaps are trying to be filled when there's no counteraction to the lack of infrastructure, healthcare, housing etc?
The whole design is to drive down the average NZ workers value. Seen it over and over

Wish I was as trusting in government to not need to be held to account as yourself but I’m a pessimist by nature unfortunately unless the topic is the Warriors. Interestingly just as a fall in confidence of media has grown, so has a fall in confidence in politicians and government been growing and I get the feeling that because media is likely the cause of this in the democratic world that there’s a growing campaign to discredit the source. We the consumer need to be smart enough to decipher what’s bullshit and what’s legitimate and follow a trusted source until they lose your confidence, and be able to choose what’s factual as opposed to what’s opinion by media
Plenty of nefarious grifters with a greater aim of disruption and breaking down order at all levels unfortunately.

Spot on, but I don't trust ANY Govt. Any media platform is an opportunity for politicians.

Spot on, but I don't trust ANY Govt. Any media platform is an opportunity for politicians.
It’s also an opportunity to cut through their bullshit depending on your trust of the source. For me I lean towards the media source I deem trustworthy because just like you and I, they’re just a member of society for which the government rules and policies also applies to them. It’s certainly a changed landscape as the years have gone by

Last edited:
Yep. Get a beer crate, stand on top of it on a street corner and tell the truth.
📢 now hear this, every person who gives their vote to me gets a beer out of this crate. You’re way ahead of your time. I’m going to do some home brew and run this country, you bring a couple of handles and you can be my deputy pm

On the back of Auckland Mayor, Wayne Brown, suggesting a free weeks ago that churches should start paying rates on their land, Luxon has now come out saying that there should be a review into the charitable status of churches and go at the possibility of them having to pay tax on donations they receive.

Bish Tamaki is not happy as he says it would take away from the money churches use to help people.

Two things from this.... haven't Brown and Luxon realised that Tamaki is the only person who should be fleecing Density Church members. And, if Tamaki is so concerned about the poor, why does he insist that the poor in his congregation part with so much money and why doesn't he take a pay cut so their social work doesn't suffer?

On the back of Auckland Mayor, Wayne Brown, suggesting a free weeks ago that churches should start paying rates on their land, Luxon has now come out saying that there should be a review into the charitable status of churches and go at the possibility of them having to pay tax on donations they receive.

Bish Tamaki is not happy as he says it would take away from the money churches use to help people.

Two things from this.... haven't Brown and Luxon realised that Tamaki is the only person who should be fleecing Density Church members. And, if Tamaki is so concerned about the poor, why does he insist that the poor in his congregation part with so much money and why doesn't he take a pay cut so their social work doesn't suffer?
He's a grifting charlatan homophobic bullying thief.

Guess it’ll potentially be like landlords where the cost will passed on to the congregation and the tithing percentage will be raised as is the case with tenants when changes arise and rents go up to cover the changes?

Guess it’ll potentially be like landlords where the cost will passed on to the congregation and the tithing percentage will be raised as is the case with tenants when changes arise and rents go up to cover the changes?
People like Tamaki forget that tithing was a practise talked about in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament. When they insist that their congregations give 10% of their earning to the church, they're absolutely wrong. The NT talks about people giving what they can afford.... not what their leaders demand of them.

People like Tamaki forget that tithing was a practise talked about in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament. When they insist that their congregations give 10% of their earning to the church, they're absolutely wrong. The NT talks about people giving what they can afford.... not what their leaders demand of them.
Enjoy your day miket12

Wow. 25% increase in Auckland’s water rates…
Serves em right too, people should be collecting and drinking their own water. If you want to rely on a resource that is going to be split between more and more people the cost will increase as the population grows.
Of course you could increase infrastructure with population growth but.......

Back