Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Dont think Ponga involves himself enough in the red zone. Thought he was great yesterday but when their down the attacking 20 the ball needs to go through him a helluva lot more than it does
I thought the blame lay with the halves in continually feeding the wrong player or the wrong side of the field on tackle 3/4 for the first 30 minutes of the 2nd half, was really surprised coach O’Brien didn’t sort that out pronto actually! Certainly played into our hands.
If I were a Knights supporter I would have been filthy on Cogger and Gamble overplaying their hand, simple for them really, feed Ponga!!

Last edited:
He debuted on the day of his birthday didn't he? You'd know better than I'd do around carving in the NYC, was he setting up lots of tries? Granted his 2 seasons coincided with our 2 worst in the comp, but 10 wins from 39 games, 7 tries & kicking goals at 65% doesn't scream out that he was carving up.
Are there any areas where the younger brother looks better?
Is there try assist numbers available? I know the team didn’t perform that well. Horror period for NYC warriors teams. But I remember being impressed by his creativity, long range passing game and short kicking game. Also that he was 17 against mostly 20 year olds. The brother just seems like a touch player, he has a better step for sure. Doesn’t look overly fast or athletic.

What would be more advantagious for the team, meaning the 17. CHT to Half. Who is taking his Bench spot?. Is it Lussick to protect Egan and provide DH rotation. Or even TMM to provide Utility value. Does Jazz provide DH cover. Or start with TMM and CHT to provide Utility and DH cover. I admit I am torn.

What would be more advantagious for the team, meaning the 17. CHT to Half. Who is taking his Bench spot?. Is it Lussick to protect Egan and provide DH rotation. Or even TMM to provide Utility value. Does Jazz provide DH cover. Or start with TMM and CHT to provide Utility and DH cover. I admit I am torn.

CHT was selected at 14 (utility) on the weekend and we saw how valuable that was.

It is obvious to me that TMM should be selected at 6 and CHT remains the utility.

CHT was selected at 14 (utility) on the weekend and we saw how valuable that was.

It is obvious to me that TMM should be selected at 6 and CHT remains the utility.

That is one obvious path.

However what is unclear, is who is the better starting six.

Yes teams need some utility, but the Warriors in Walker have so many utility options that were CHT to turn out to be the best stand off at the club, you would be nuts to put him on the bench for a just in case role which as I say, Walker already covers.

Ok so I am raising a hypothetical (we do not know how good the prodigal son returned is gonna be at six) which is why the smarter long term way to go maybe to not pigeon hole his career before we run some testing as a starting half first....now the opportunity is there....this is when you would pull the trigger and give CHT a proper shot.

This is especially true when you factor in SJ's last season, which on paper is unfolding right now, this is the time to find the heir.

Which is why I personally hope CHT gets the spot, otherwise next season, you are looking at Metcalf and TMM in the halves when from what I have seen so far, CHT is much closer to being a controlling seven than either of them.

I guess the crux of my thinking is that a fully tested half back option is more important to an NRL club, than a utility no matter the names of the players and what your week to week line ups could look like based off week by week thinking.

That is one obvious path.

However what is unclear, is who is the better starting six.

Yes teams need some utility, but the Warriors in Walker have so many utility options that were CHT to turn out to be the best stand off at the club, you would be nuts to put him on the bench for a just in case role which as I say, Walker already covers.

Ok so I am raising a hypothetical (we do not know how good the prodigal son returned is gonna be at six) which is why the smarter long term way to go maybe to not pigeon hole his career before we run some testing as a starting half first....now the opportunity is there....this is when you would pull the trigger and give CHT a proper shot.

This is especially true when you factor in SJ's last season, which on paper is unfolding right now, this is the time to find the heir.

Which is why I personally hope CHT gets the spot, otherwise next season, you are looking at Metcalf and TMM in the halves when from what I have seen so far, CHT is much closer to being a controlling seven than either of them.

I guess the crux of my thinking is that a fully tested half back option is more important to an NRL club, than a utility no matter the names of the players and what your week to week line ups could look like based off week by week thinking.
While i agree with all your points, if we don't win the premiership this year I'm confident sj will go another round. If we win it I'm not too stressed about next year 😁.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 am

Lennart Bedrager wrote: Nas may actually be struggling with the sale of his home, there's a lot of sentimentality there with the ties to his late father.
He sold it already ..it was on real estate.com say he sold his Essendon house and brought in moonee ponds

This is regarding the sale of his house off the storm forum. Not sure if if eventuated or he’s sold a second home or any of the circumstances?