• B

Votes: 107 84.3%
  • C

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • F-

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Guess players with a history of such things leave an impression
This sesason so far still averaging 168 metres a game (most by any of our forwards). Top 5 prop in post contact metres, tackle breaks. Has a 96% tackle efficiency rate (one of the higher in the team)....

......thats the only impression i care about rather than not clapping with enough gusto in a 30 second clip....

Last edited:
meh, AFB is always like that in the sheds, just a chill dude
His mrs has come in for some stick round these parts but here's a nice wee story. At the Sharks game, she was wearing an AFB shirt. (I think she must have a family ticket allocation in our row.) I didn't know who she was, so I said, "Cool shirt. He's my lad's favourite player." She says, "He's my husband." and we had a wee laugh. Last night, she brings along one of last year's training jerseys - the ones the players used - signed by AFB to give to my kid. Really sweet of her, I thought.

1. Everyone played well 1-17, particularly on D.
2. CNK will lock the attack together and stop the cross field crabbing.
3. Berry continues his improvement. He is starting to impose himself now. He kept one of the premier Centers in the game in check.
4. The scramble defence was outstanding.
5. Our attack will improve when they hopefully have a settled team for a few rounds with the best lineup available.
^. Unfortunate for Metcalf, but having a left footer in the Halves (CHT) is gold, look at Montoya's try.
7. This forum has a bad habit of underestimating other teams. There are no easy games.
8. I thought the Bench was immense, all added to the team performance when given the chance.
9. The crowd were the 18th player.
10. Tohu is God.

Sharks have a lot of middle forward injuries. The conspiracist in me wonders if they could want him to aggravate for an early release? Was plain to see his body language last year was strange at one point and then his missus made a public post about him carrying the team?
If he does that and doesn't pull his weight, sit him out for the season. Absolutely no way should management entertain the idea of letting him play for the Sharks before 2025 season.

Last edited:
I’ve always loved CHT. He has been a victim of the terrible teams and coaches of past + being told as a 20 year rookie “you now have the keys to the team, but you also have no support”

He was everywhere on both sides of the ball. In one set he made four tackles. We’ve always talked up his defence but I’ve never noticed how much he actually goes looking for work. IMO he is top 5 heartiest Warriors of all time.
There was very few of us dieing on the CHT hill. We were coming under fire from some heavy artillery at times, some of it warranted but not all of it 😂

Metcalf(7) and CHT(6) could be our long term halves pairing if everything falls into place.

This sesason so far still averaging 168 metres a game (most by any of our forwards). Top 5 prop in post contact metres, tackle breaks. Has a 96% tackle efficiency rate (one of the higher in the team)....

......thats the only impression i care about rather than not clapping with enough gusto in a 30 second clip....

I can picture Tohu finding a quiet corner and doing a slow motion half hearted fist raise in time to the whooping and hollering.

Lots of Kiwi men like to show their emotional ecstasy on the inside eh.

Last edited:
People hyping up Pomp’s like he was a game changer. I barely noticed him on the field aside for when he was hitting it up slower than Capwell. 😂
i had to re-watch the game. I thought pompey scored 10 tries, kicked all 10 conversions and made 9000 tackles and got 300 dalym point's with all the carry on.

No hate, Pomps was solid. But we know if Ali Leiataua played. He would of scored 10 tries & converted them all in real life.

I know the main goal is to win a premierships, and don't get me wrong i'm extremely excited about the possibility of that prospect.

But i'm almost as equally excited about just becoming a consistent footy club. Where juniors have a pathway to come up through and we get to see the best of them by being a well run, well coached club. This won't happen overnight ofcourse, as we don't have the junior funding from the NRL that the Aus clubs have. But we have the right people in the right places for this to become a reality at a smaller scale with our current owner.

Besides a premiership, all of us long term fans have only ever wanted a team that turns up and has a crack week in and week out for 80 minutes every season. We've finally got that in the short term, and the way you hear Webby speak he loves it in NZ and wants it to become a long term situation.

Just sitting back watching the replay this morning of another full house at Mt. Smart. Not ashamed to say got a little bit emotional realising just where the club is at in such a short period after the lows we've fought through since 2011 with a minor blip in 2018.

Btw AFB last weekend post game when asked about his injury after getting thrown around before the try line, he mentioned he will get an injection and be good to go next game

Clearly he has some kind of injury or rib issue since R2-3, probably have to manage him till R6-8? Capewah looked great so only took 3 weeks to settle from rib cartilage issues

You farkers trying to stir the pot with AFB are a laugh. He was a marked man tonight. I saw a good bunch of defenders swap in on him every time he had the ball. The good teams are doing their homework.

He’s a cool calm character as seen by the post match chant. Not like that gyrating guy across the room DWZ. Settle down son. 😂

Kinda surprised at the backlash after someone posting about AFBs muted celebrations.

Some might have a short memory, but similar things were brought up last year about 2 or 3 weeks before we heard word that he requested a release.

No one's saying there's anything sinister behind it 100%, but man it makes me wonder. Certainly worth pointing out as a talking point at the very least. Seems kinda mad that this is essentially what happened last year yet there's so many making it sound like an outlandish observation

Back