General U20s Team

It's a worry-,

Lolohea was good, has a bit of x factor about him, they are definitely missing a good organiser. That back line is mean though, mean as, Props are excellent, Sio is a great dummy half-slick passer with great running game (doesn't hold on to the ball forever every tackle) and a great defensive workrate- IMO the best U20s Hooker I have seen yet.
A lot to like about Mariner too.

Agree re: lolohea
Is a little relaxed but finding his way and definately has some x factor.

Sio, is not the best the hooker the Warriors have had, not close to it.
However good honest footy player and doing a good job atm. Robinson must be injured, he had a good year at northcote and is a genuine hooker.

Reactions: BHP and Sexymonkey
Agree re: lolohea
Is a little relaxed but finding his way and definately has some x factor.

Sio, is not the best the hooker the Warriors have had, not close to it.
However good honest footy player and doing a good job atm. Robinson must be injured, he had a good year at northcote and is a genuine hooker.

Yep Kurt Robinson is injured, I hope when he gets back from injury and when he is ready he gets a run.

Sio is a good hooker, who distributes well, runs well, backs up and is solid defensively.
Makes good choices.
Low error rate.
Nothing overly flash about him and scope to get better too.

Players in line to return to NYC

Richard Becht

Friday 12 April 2013 1:44 PM
astaticnrl.sportalhosting.com_site__content_LeadImage_00069025_image.jpg

Looks like they're going for a super epic high 5

Vs Raiders
Junior 16 (Bhans 16 min, Tui Lolohea 37 min, Bishop 43 min, Mino 2 goals) vs Raiders 4 after 7 minutes in the second half

From Stuff Sport
A New Zealand Warriors under-20s player was traumatised after his sickening shoulder charge left a Canberra Raiders opponent hospitalised with a career-threatening head injury and serious facial damage.
Viliami Kaveinga today became the first player to be suspended under the ARL Commission's controversial shoulder charge ban following his hit on Raiders hooker Matt Frawley during Saturday night's drawn Holden Cup curtain raiser at Canberra Stadium.
Bloodied and disorientated, Frawley was taken to hospital for tests after being stretchered off in the 70th minute.
He was released the next day but then recalled to hospital after a scan revealed bleeding on his brain.
Frawley's mouth was also badly lacerated by the impact and he will require dental work after teeth bit into his jaw line.

New Zealand Warriors doctor Simon Mayhew was on the sidelines awaiting the NRL match between the two clubs and helped stabilise Frawley.
"Their doc went out, and then he went back to get something and I just said 'Do you want a hand?' He said 'yes' and he (Frawley) was still out when I got there," said Mayhew, estimating he arrived about three minutes after the collision.
Frawley had been convulsing before regaining consciousness but was able to converse with medical staff as he was taken from the ground.
"From what we've heard there was a small bleed on the brain," said Mayhew, who is in Canberra with the Kiwis as they prepare for Friday's Anzac Test.
Mayhew said Kaveinga was "absolutely mortified" by the extent of Frawley's injuries.
"He didn't know quite what happened. I was telling him after the game and he was not happy at all.
"He went to go and check on him but he'd already gone to hospital. He was quite downcast."
The wing, who was immediately sent off, pleaded guilty to a grade five shoulder charge offence and was banned for five games.
Frawley had broken the line and passed to a support player before Kaveinga came in and clattered him - a collision reminiscent of a Greg Inglis shoulder charge on now-retired St George-Illawarra Dragon Dean Young last year.
The Inglis tackle was held up as one of the worst examples of the shoulder charge and evidence of the need to have the tackle outlawed.
"This was the style of tackle highlighted in the report commissioned by the ARLC, resulting in the shoulder charge ban going forward at all levels," NRL general manager of football operations Nathan McGuirk told AAP after reviewing Kaveinga's tackle.
"On this occasion, the player clearly broke the rule regarding shoulder charges and will serve a substantial penalty."

Reactions: 2012Season Bombed
anyone catch the news story about the warriors player taking out a canberra player who is now in hospital with a brain injury and needing plastic surgery to a lip

if this was a dog act that player should be banned for life, judge for yourself.

https://www.fanatix.com/news/canber...houlder-tackle/115390/969482-shoulder-charge/
You sit in your arm chair judging an 18 year old kid who I know would never intentionally hurt anyone. He is devastated and filled with complete remorse and utter relief that Matt is on the road to recovery. Think before you judge and influence a person who you have no character knowledge or reference of... Yes it was a terrible incident. But it was a terrible accident of complete misjudgement. Has he learned. Yes and continues to pay for it when people like you rant blindly to tarnish his credibility and integrity. Have you never been 18 and misjudged your actions and timings??
Thank God Matt is on the mend and hoping to see him back on the field soon...

Reactions: OMG

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
You sit in your arm chair judging an 18 year old kid who I know would never intentionally hurt anyone. He is devastated and filled with complete remorse and utter relief that Matt is on the road to recovery. Think before you judge and influence a person who you have no character knowledge or reference of... Yes it was a terrible incident. But it was a terrible accident of complete misjudgement. Has he learned. Yes and continues to pay for it when people like you rant blindly to tarnish his credibility and integrity. Have you never been 18 and misjudged your actions and timings??
Have you seen the footage? How you can say he 'never intentionally hurt' anyone is BS. He went very high and with no effort whatsoever to tackle him legally. It may have been a lazy brain snap but he did it and we can judge him and his actions all we want. If you dont like then move to North Korea.

He should be feeling very guilty and remorseful. The poor kid he collected had brain swelling, needs cosmetic surgery, suffers from ongoing migraines and will be limited in his ability to work or train for weeks. He had a small bleed on the brain FFS!

The only thing you should be thanking God for is that your mate didnt turn Matt Frawley into a vegetable or worse...

Reactions: wallacenz and Sup42
Have you seen the footage? How you can say he 'never intentionally hurt' anyone is BS. He went very high and with no effort whatsoever to tackle him legally. It may have been a lazy brain snap but he did it and we can judge him and his actions all we want. If you dont like then move to North Korea.

He should be feeling very guilty and remorseful. The poor kid he collected had brain swelling, needs cosmetic surgery, suffers from ongoing migraines and will be limited in his ability to work or train for weeks. He had a small bleed on the brain FFS!

The only thing you should be thanking God for is that your mate didnt turn Matt Frawley into a vegetable or worse...
Nah Bro, it wasn't intentional the hit came off wrong looks worse on camera, we all hit him up at training this week , and he explained his side of things. The game had hype for the 20's that week because of our poor record over there for FG an 20's. He doesn't play like this, I've known him for years, he supports topside an reserves; bit harsh with all the critics around, if it was a FG the media machine would of been in full swing to get them off.

i do judge people from their actions. who doesnt? i havent done anything to influence anyone, i didnt state it was or wasnt intentional i just posted a link

edit: as mt wellington posted, there is a rule 'no shoulder charges' made specifically because they believe they lead to head injuries and long term damage.

edit edit: i stand by my opinion though, if anyone ignores a law that puts another persons life at risk the punishment should be harsh.

Reactions: mt.wellington
Team List this week.

Junior Storm
1.Denny Solomona
2.Dane Chang
3.Niua Finau Puaka
4.Richard Kennar
5.Michael Butson
6.Kurt Mann
7.Matt McGahan
8.Christian Welch
9.Alex Langbridge
10.Matthew Lodge
11.Cade Umaga
12.Dean Britt
13.Pride Petterson-Robati
14.Mitchell Moore
15.Brenden Treston
16.Rhys Kennedy
17.Francis Tualau
18.Aleki Falepaini

Junior Warriors
1.Ngataua Hukatai
2.Ken Maumalo
3.Solomone Kata
4.David Fusitua
5.Alamoti Finau
6.Tuimoala Lolohea
7.Mason Lino
8.Albert Vete
9.Michael Sio
10.James Taylor
11.Raymond Faitala-Mariner
12.Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard
13.David Bhana
14.Kurt Robinson
15.Sam Lisone
16.Stedman Lefau
17.Katamiro Atera
18.Eric Newbigging[DOUBLEPOST=1366851856][/DOUBLEPOST]Good to see Kurt Robinson on the bench. Good Hooker. Wish this game was televised

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
At least 2 players picked up during the Storms annual Wellington camps. Tohu Harris being the most promising player picked up during a camp in the Capital...

Havili should play for the 20's not the Vulcans. If players are eligible then let them play so that the under 20's field the best 17 available. Unless the top side are in need of them of course but not the vulcans.

Apparently there was abit of biffo at that game?? View attachment 1576

My brother thought the #11 played really well...
Isn't that Tana Umaga's son?[DOUBLEPOST=1366891879][/DOUBLEPOST]
Havili should play for the 20's not the Vulcans. If players are eligible then let them play so that the under 20's field the best 17 available. Unless the top side are in need of them of course but not the vulcans.
Probably a strategy imposed by the warriors so that he doesn't get any airtime. Might get scouted by other clubs

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
That may be best for the U20 team but its not whats best for the player. Havili needs to play against men, not boys. He's been selected as a possible talent for the future and he will develop a lot better and faster by playing against fringe NRL players and has beens then against a junior team where 95% of players will never have an NRL career...