General U20s Team

Magic Stick

Magic Stick

Bit of hype surrounding Tuimoala Lolohea...dont know what for...shows no urgency,no ability to read game,cant tackle to save himself

MarkW

MarkW

Looking nothing like a Premiership winning team so far...

32 - 4 to Parra. 30 mins to go.

Magic Stick

Magic Stick

Parra's halfs are miles ahead of the Warriors halfs...warriors look like there playing in slow motion

Fazz

Fazz

Oof. We've had some clangers to start the U20's before, but this is really up there. I can't tell if this crop is melting in the heat, totally clueless or arrogant enough to think they can steamroll the comp like previous teams with minimal effort...

MarkW

MarkW

Parra finished 2nd to last in the comp last year. They seemed to have improved somewhat. Either that or our lot are crappier.

Current score 36 - 8 to Parra.

Far North Forever

These guys are totally clueless what does Acklqnd do at training it looks like they have just met each other, is there an allocated dummy half or closest to ruck is it sheesh

Magic Stick

Magic Stick

Disgusting performance from the 20's...Gona see how good a coach Ackland is this year,cause this batch of players are mud

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Well that was embarrassing. Nothing about our U20s in that game today to get excited about. Slow moving, dim witted and totally outplayed. I thought Ackland was being replaced this season , tbh I was a bit disappointed to see him still here. Time to move on John. You are not teaching them a thing - or the recruitment staff are taking easy options.

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
In a word, pathetic! Not sure what all the hype is about the new Fullback cause he sucked balls. Granted it was his first outing but by the looks of things he's never played Fullback before in his life.

Time to play to a set defensive pattern. One that has been structured by Matt Elliot himself so theres some cohesion between the teams. We're breeding great players for the regional club scene. None would make the NRL based on todays performance...

Reactions: 2 users
BA-AD Luck

BA-AD Luck

Glad i watched the Softball instead because every time I switched over it just kept getting worse. I saw us with the ball once, and we dropped it! I'll pay attention in a few weeks. I am a Tui Lolohea fan, but by all accounts he played poorly. Hopefully it was a blip.

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Looks like the Baby Warriors are going to have learn to play league instead of just running over people. Little wonder so many of them struggle when they bypass the Vulcans and go to the main game. They go straight from playing around at school to working with master craftsmen without serving an apprenticeship.

ramraider78

ramraider78

No need to panic early days yet, a few new faces in the 20's squad, one loss and people want ackland to move on after delivering recent NYC titles.

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
A FEW new faces in this year's team - so where was the focus of the "old" hands. Yeah, even the best have a best before date & I reckon Ackland has reached his.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
No need to panic early days yet, a few new faces in the 20's squad, one loss and people want ackland to move on after delivering recent NYC titles.

Pretty sure Fullback Lolohea was the ONLY new face in that team on Saturday...

ramraider78

ramraider78

A FEW new faces in this year's team - so where was the focus of the "old" hands. Yeah, even the best have a best before date & I reckon Ackland has reached his.
To early in the season to be beating that drum for change IMO maybe IF we suffered a few more big losses, then the roster might have to be reviewed but talk of cutting the NYC coach, end of season review for that.

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
To early in the season to be beating that drum for change IMO maybe IF we suffered a few more big losses, then the roster might have to be reviewed but talk of cutting the NYC coach, end of season review for that.

Fair comment . I was beating the same drum last year actually. Im not advocating he be dropped as a failure just that imo he has gotten too comfortable in the role.

Reactions: 1 user