General U20s are up on Photosport

Viking_old

https://www.photosport.co.nz/

I know half the team but no idea of the other half. A few suprises in the ones I do know too. It's quite a young team overall, probably an average age of 17.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking_old

your boy in the team Vik?
Nah mate, he's with the Vulcans after trialling at the Kids to Kiwis thing in the weekend. A very tough trial, he's pretty sore now. The whole Kids to Kiwis day was awesome, our club (Bay Roskill) had 4 kids teams participating I think.

Jesbass_old

Is that considered a successful trial, Viking? Any official word on the potential BOP journey?

STRIDER_old

Kenny Niko
Sam Limu-Franklin
Alberto Aoese
Peter Mills
Beau King
Kyle Bos
Sam Baxter
Mike Afioga
George Smith
Elijah Taylor
Daniel Palavi
Suiatonga Likiliki
Sunita Laiseni
Walter Whippy
Sione Lousi
Philip Kingi
John Palavi
Junior Afuala
Thomas Ah Van
Ben Henry
Kurt Kara
Brandon Nixon
Bill Tupou
Shaun Johnson
Simon Gibson
Gowan Duff
Trent Wallace
Elijah Niko
Kane Hannam
Luke Laban
Nafe Seluni
Rusty Bristow
Alehana Mara
Jody Henry
Jason Cook
James Tupou
Meli Koliavu
Jerome Kutia
Ryan Laurenson
Daniel Sanderson
Lance Su'a-Poe
Samiuela Lousi
Ben Dellabarca
Tawhio Makutu
Afa Veatupu

Still also eligible for the NYC

Russel Packer
Lesson Ah Mau
Liam Foran

STRIDER_old

Anybody know much about these kids ?

Viking I know your qualified to let us know about a few of them.

I hear Shaun Johnson is probably one of the best passers and steppers the warriors have had on their books. Apparently very very Benji Marshall like from 05 season.

My big wrap is on Elijah Niko. Has a bit of that Ali Lauititi Factor to him.

Suprised to see George Smith there. Was pretty regarded in circles a couple of seasons back - thought he was picked up by another NRL club. Pleasently suprised he's with the Warriors.

Spence_old

Ah, I didn't realise that Foran was still eligible. Thats good news. At least now if he doesn't play it wouldn't have been a complete waste of his time coming over.

Viking_old

Anybody know much about these kids ?

Viking I know your qualified to let us know about a few of them.

I hear Shaun Johnson is probably one of the best passers and steppers the warriors have had on their books. Apparently very very Benji Marshall like from 05 season.

My big wrap is on Elijah Niko. Has a bit of that Ali Lauititi Factor to him.

Suprised to see George Smith there. Was pretty regarded in circles a couple of seasons back - thought he was picked up by another NRL club. Pleasently suprised he's with the Warriors.

Nah, I really only know of the boys that are around the 16-18 age group and from Auckland and even then, I don't know much of the North Shore kids. I've seen Shaun Johnson a few times but he didn't spark, Jordan Tuare is better IMO but I heard the Warriors were being too cheap so he went to the Storm. The one player I saw last year in the winning premiers NPC team and really impressed is Sunita Laiseni. He'll probably go one better than his brother and make 1st grade.

A number of the Auckland players haven't played above under 18s and 3 or so haven't played above under 16s that I know of, I'm guessing they're being groomed for next year as the Warriors did with some of the squad last year.

Where's Elijah Niko from?

I thought George Smith was with the Cowboys, he's a New Lynn boy isn't he?

What happened to Mika Faamuasili?

Viking_old

How old is your son Viking!?

17. There was an 18yr old age limit so he trialled with the understanding that he probably won't feature this year, it was just good to have a hit out anyway.

There have been a small number of U20s from last year training that are now over age and that trialled in the weekend. They've been put on part time contracts at the Warriors which I understand as them training with the Warriors a few days a week and left to their own devices the rest of the time. I guess that means they have to make the Vulcans on their own merits rather than be sent from the Warriors each week. Kurt Te Hira, Nathaniel Neale and Aaron Pawley are three that I can think of, all very good players.

There were a few guys from the Waikato and Wellington that came up to trial apparently and a few got in the train on squad. There was about 45 plus players that trialled and a fair few more that brought their gear but thought better of it once they saw who else was trialling.

Kids to Kiwis was cool, anyone else get out there?

Viking_old

Ah, I didn't realise that Foran was still eligible. Thats good news. At least now if he doesn't play it wouldn't have been a complete waste of his time coming over.

He's not eligable, birthdate on Warriors site is 25/04/08.

Skillz_old

17. There was an 18yr old age limit so he trialled with the understanding that he probably won't feature this year, it was just good to have a hit out anyway.

There have been a small number of U20s from last year training that are now over age and that trialled in the weekend. They've been put on part time contracts at the Warriors which I understand as them training with the Warriors a few days a week and left to their own devices the rest of the time. I guess that means they have to make the Vulcans on their own merits rather than be sent from the Warriors each week. Kurt Te Hira, Nathaniel Neale and Aaron Pawley are three that I can think of, all very good players.

There were a few guys from the Waikato and Wellington that came up to trial apparently and a few got in the train on squad. There was about 45 plus players that trialled and a fair few more that brought their gear but thought better of it once they saw who else was trialling.

Kids to Kiwis was cool, anyone else get out there?

what school does your son go to??

Viking_old

I don't think MAGS have a league team anymore....

They didn't last year, he played for the 1st 13 in 07 at 15.

Talked to someone from ARL at kids 2 kiwis and one of their top guys, Keith Hanley, is going to coach a MAGS team this year. My boys looking to go back to school in the 2nd term and play for them.