General Two refs.

Northern_Union

Right so we've seen our first matches having two refs. I'm not a fan of two refs and i've just heard Des Hassler echo my concerns. Two refs, two interpretations.
I think the fact we won lastnight v the Eels has painted over the fact we saw Allan Shorthall and Ashley Klien giving different interpritations on the tackle ball situation and on keeping the teams apart.
One thing that is improving is the speed of the play the ball and the speed of the game overall....though i have reservations on this being a totally good thing.
Thoughs?

Magic Stick_old

Different interpretations is a concern...They still miss alot...The touch judges last night were shocking

100%_old

the charge down attempt from Ben Smith (in 2nd half), followd by the "so calld," knock on by Hayne. resulted in 1ref callin play on, whiles the other, over ruled & sez knock on, scrum... this could get real ugly in the latter stage of the season. it only came to our attention, coz Costigan sez so.

other than that, i think the game flowd well. like Spence, let's see in a couple more rounds.

IanS_old

I thought they got a lot of calls wrong. Lots of forward passes missed, slow PTB's.

It can only get better I guess.

Spence_old

There was a point raised on the Sunday Roast, the refs are not as tired, so they have more time for players, hence players have more time for them. Thoughts on this?

attila_the_gorilla

I think it`s gonna be a good system. It`s true that there`s a possibility of different interpretations from the two, but I think the advantages will outweigh this disadvantage. Even the refs need to get used to it and learn through practice when they change over from main to assistant and vice versa. It can be confusing when the play gets a bit scrappy and the ball changes possession quickly, then the refs can get confuse who`s in charge, but I trust they`ll find a system to cover such situations.

attila_the_gorilla

I think it was just the crowd that wanted to believe so. To me it looked fair enough.

Magic Stick_old

The 10 was a joke...Eels were holding on too our guys slowing the play the ball ...Price got frustrated by it,Gave a Eels player bit of an elbow,but it didnt warrant a penalty

Spence_old

As long as the ref is consistant, I'm not bothered if its a 8m line or a 12m line.

attila_the_gorilla

It was fairly consistent for both teams, and generally it was close enough to 10 metres. But of course even I was booing to put pressure on the ref, that`s home ground advantage for you.

Tajhay_old

i havent minded it. you can hardly notice the two refs which is a great thing. jury is still out, until when we see a controversial moment where the two refs either screwed up, or got it right when 1 ref wouldnt have.