Podcast TWL / Fonzie ep 23

I want Shaun to create space for othe player outside him.

I want Shaun's option taking to better, and fonz yes he's 31! He should know better by now!

His passing is average and I'm sorry but he is the dominant half weather he's on 1 mill or 400k by default in this squad. I think the fans deserve more from Shaun Johnson in these areas, and also it's round 14 and hes been playing most the games this year, how many more games does he need to start Implementing the game plans set, and combinations?

I want to go Bat for him but he's playing shit sorry.

Also I have this nasty gut feel he's causing a few issues off the field.

Was Shaun Johnson playing better behind Lodge and Addin Fonua-Blake? Hardly imo.

I by no means exspect him to be tearing up defensive lines but I expect a more mature half that knows how to pull his mates up of the canvas and get them to fight for every play.

Look at how Benji Marshall played at the back end of his career, he played smarter. It feels like Shaun is just going through the motions, hes flustered at times, hes not a leader that inspires the youngsters.

Last edited:

Mick

While your spot on about Shaun Johnson, what I would like him to show some on field leadership! When the chips get vocal show teammates and fans that he cares! We can all agree it's bad optics and doesn't help his cause.

Reactions: Fonzie
While your spot on about Shaun Johnson, what I would like him to show some on field leadership! When the chips get vocal show teammates and fans that he cares! We can all agree it's bad optics and doesn't help his cause.
Sure Shaun Johnson is a senior player but there are several of those and what you're asking for is the captains job, should be bagging out Tohu Harris as he was captain.
In a perfect world you have a few senior leaders in the team, Shaun Johnson just doesn't seem to be that leadership type, seems to be more inclined to become less communicative when the chips are down, you aren't changing that at this stage of his career.