Pick Your Team Warriors vs Titans - Round 8, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Agree - SJ seems to be doing too much, neither TMM nor Metcalf has had much luck in unlocking the left side and I think at least part of that is due to SJ sweeping around to the left. Fine for SJ to control the right side and general direction, but Wayde should be controlling the middle and TMM owning the left side (IMO). We have the opportunity to be a threat on both sides of the field, but we seem to get cramped up on the left and TMM takes the tackle or Roger crabs back in field. I don't know if it is a lack of trust or what, but hopefully our left side is a focus for Webby at training this week as they're not evening stringing passes/shape together at the moment. Dare I say it, I'm being pulled in by the "Rog to wing and Pompey to centre" camp... as much as I really don't want to be!
We need a ball playing forward off the bench such as de Balin for the Dragons. He made an instant impression when he came on, setting up his bigger teammates for hard runs through the middle.

This is the team I would like to see vs the Titans

I would like RTS to continue at centre for a few more games to get categorical feedback about whether he can succeed in that position before trying him on the wing.

1 CNK
2 Dallin
3 Berry
4 RTS
5 Pompey (Montoya dropped)
6 TMM
7 SJ
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Ale (We should hold one of our starters back to the bench or our game plan is all or nothing)
11 Laban (Ford to come on at half time)
12 Capewell
13 Harris

Bench (Needs to be stronger than what we put up against St George)

14 Walker
15 Barnett
16 Ford on for Laban at half time
17 Roache Hooker cover

Webby knows Roger's strengths and weaknesses. Webby has coached improvements into Berry. So what's the ground needing to be made up for Roger's development as a centre?

Passing? Linking?
Running lines?
Hard carries to start sets?
Defensive organisation?
What's missing?
I'm starting to think he may be more valuable to us as a fullback with Chanze replacing him at centre. Chanze has played centres for the kiwis while Roger has struggled there. This would balance up each side of the field both on attack and defence, leaving Roger in his customary position at the back.

Thoughts on Taine to 6 if TMM continues to struggle to lock up the 6 jersey long term?

Once CHT is back I would prefer to see him play the utility role of the bench for his added spark.

Thoughts on Taine to 6 if TMM continues to struggle to lock up the 6 jersey long term?

Once CHT is back I would prefer to see him play the utility role of the bench for his added spark.
Just my observations but tmm is struggling to keep up with the play. Fitness issues I think.
Should be on the left edge screaming for the ball. Hanging back behind the ruck isn't doing anything.
No wonder Montoya isn't featuring

One thing I don't like about some coaches is that they refuse to drop players after poor performance just because they are incumbent or the player will get upset or whatever. Webster needs to harden up a bit and start dropping players if they don't perform. Remember when Wiki got dropped by Cleary I think.

Pompey back to the centers for his defense, RTS to the wing for Montoya
Zyon Maiu’u again not demanding to be picked had a okay outing but nothing too special Micheal Molo outplayed him imo.
TSS played more minutes and Toni Tupounuia had more of an impact on attack.

This is the team I would like to see vs the Titans

I would like RTS to continue at centre for a few more games to get categorical feedback about whether he can succeed in that position before trying him on the wing.

1 CNK
2 Dallin
3 Berry
4 RTS
5 Pompey (Montoya dropped)
6 TMM
7 SJ
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Ale (We should hold one of our starters back to the bench or our game plan is all or nothing)
11 Laban (Ford to come on at half time)
12 Capewell
13 Harris

Bench (Needs to be stronger than what we put up against St George)

14 Walker
15 Barnett
16 Ford on for Laban at half time
17 Roache Hooker cover
Pompey will get burned on the wing, titans are one of the quickest teams out.
Leiataua needs to play 100%

On paper having Leiataua next to RTS looks good but would be a nightmare defensively for us.
It comes down to defensive structure, we’ve been doing it for the longest time, which has fucked us. winger jamming in to shut down the play. Up and out is a simple and effective defensive pattern. Up as a line to take the space and then just drift to your outside and your inside man closing the gate. So ye it’s just reads that Roger gets wrong on the wing but it’s a easy fix

It comes down to defensive structure, we’ve been doing it for the longest time, which has fucked us. winger jamming in to shut down the play. Up and out is a simple and effective defensive pattern. Up as a line to take the space and then just drift to your outside and your inside man closing the gate. So ye it’s just reads that Roger gets wrong on the wing but it’s a easy fix
Our NSW cup guys are trained in the same structure.
If Roger or anyone else is not doing the job go back to cup and bring up the next best in that position.
That's why we have a reserve grade

Our second row was atrocious for whatever reason - Capewell probably injured; Ford trying too hard and also not being brought into the game in the right way by SJ and/or Martin.

Would you change one or both of them though? I think you have to, and sort that mid-third connection out.

Laban should start - I don't know who for

Argh, I'm still pissed off about that last effort

Two main changes for me but i'm not coach, i'm just a couch warrior with a 50/50 Bundy Rum to Blood percentage.
Pompey in for RTS, surely can do at least the same job RTS is currently doing and possibly a slight edge.
RTS to left wing, yes i know it's not his preferred side and DWZ isn't moving.
I believe RTS can get much more ball, kick returns and is a great defensive organiser plus can get over the line at least as well as Montoya.
Can't really see any drawbacks from what we're currently fielding 1 through to 7.

1 - CNK (Mr consistent.)
2 - DWZ (Mr consistent.)
3 - BRY (Mr consistent, one unfortunate miss tackle that led to a try but he's human after all.)
4 - PPY (Pomps can cover centre just fine, added kickoff/goal kicking skills.)
5 - RTS (Shifts to the wing, better involvement, defensive ability on the edge just fine and can't be a worse option than Montoya.) PS no more kick-offs!
6 - TMM (Retains his spot, not his best efforts against St George but gets a chance to redeem.)
7 - POP (Had a below average game, expecting a bounce back this week.)
8 - AFB (Best on field on Friday night, the one person i expected to drop form but is competing on every play.)
9 - EGG (Worried about his leg/knee, looked quite ginger in the first half but hopefully pulled up ok post-game.)
10 - BAR (Mr consistent.)
11 - JKO (Hopefully doesn't drop the ball, some suspect passes in his defence.)
12 - CAP (Needs to show a little more, plenty capable but looks gassed constantly and might be still carrying an injury.)
13 - TOH (Mr Elastoplast.)

14 - CHT (Surely straight in if fit, utility Mr fix it role.)
15 - DYL (Surely straight in if fit, loose forward role.)
16 - ALE (Doing very well, massive improver, prop cover.)
17 - LAB (Would love to see him get more minutes, hasn't put a foot wrong thus far, edge cover.)

Outs -
Montoya, i love this guy but some of the efforts on Friday night were quite short of what's expected.
Roache, the time will come to come back to first grade. Misses out due to injury inclusions.

Way too many knee jerk reactions in this forum. One game doesn't define this team. Every team has ups and downs.
Montoya had a bad game because we were not winning the forward battle. All comes back to winning the ruck.

This weeks team will be an unchanged run on side

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris

Bench
14. Walker - back from injury and not a minute too soon
15. Ale
16. CHT
17. Zyon Maiu’u

Need another middle so Zyon Maiu’u has to have a chance - needs to come on for Barnett in minute 15 and do one or two 10-15 minute stints.
No disrespect to Laban - but we need a middle forward with some go forward. Zyon Maiu’u needs experienced people around him on defence too

Re Montoya - every time he has a bad game, he makes up for it on the next one. We need to persevere with RTS in the centre position.

Way too many knee jerk reactions in this forum. One game doesn't define this team. Every team has ups and downs.
Montoya had a bad game because we were not winning the forward battle. All comes back to winning the ruck.

This weeks team will be an unchanged run on side

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. RTS
5. Montoya
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Harris

Bench
14. Walker - back from injury and not a minute too soon
15. Ale
16. CHT
17. Zyon Maiu’u

Need another middle so Zyon Maiu’u has to have a chance - needs to come on for Barnett in minute 15 and do one or two 10-15 minute stints.
No disrespect to Laban - but we need a middle forward with some go forward. Zyon Maiu’u needs experienced people around him on defence too

Re Montoya - every time he has a bad game, he makes up for it on the next one. We need to persevere with RTS in the centre position.
True mate and plenty of others had ordinary games last weekend.
Not just Monty who isn't getting decent ball in attacking positions.
Our left edge was nonexistent.
Bet you that Webster is working on it now.
One dimensional attack doesn't work these days

It's funny how much can change in two weeks 😅. Some of the old scars feel like they might be re-opening, but I'm keeping the faith and prepared to flush last week down the toilet. We have to come out firing this week.
I guess a bit of pessimism is warranted. We were 5 wins and 2 losses this time last year growing into a style of play.
This year hasn't really clicked apart from the Bunnies.

I guess a bit of pessimism is warranted. We were 5 wins and 2 losses this time last year growing into a style of play.
This year hasn't really clicked apart from the Bunnies.
Win Thursday and we will be 4-1-3 where as last year we had the Storm Anzac annual beat up. So, not terrible. Tougher draw this season too.

Remember last year we had Barney out for 11 weeks too. But we didn’t have the depth of injuries we have had so far this year.

Long way to go.

Back