General Tv Shows - Whats Everyone Watching?

Defence

Defence

Cliff!
Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if
You really are a cliff
Fascists keep trying to push you over it
Are they the lemmings?
Or are you cliff?

Always loved the Young Ones and Bottom

Darling Fascist Bully Boy,
Give me some more money, you bastard.
May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
-Neil

AlexM

AlexM

Darling Fascist Bully Boy,
Give me some more money, you bastard.
May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
-Neil
Beep beep beep, oh no heavy, the coins keep coming out, beep beep beep, even the telephone hates me, beep beep beep, I wish there were no machines, and everyone led a pastoral existence, trees and flowers don't deliberately cool you out and go beep in your ear

Toookey

Toookey

Has anyone watched The League? I think a few of you lot will like it, it's about a bunch of friends who do fantasy football (NFL) and they're all terrible human beings to each other.
I've just found a good site to stream from as it's not on Netflix etc., not sure if we can post that in here but pm me if you want a really good website 😜

Check out the clip below and let me know what you think!

ndp26

Has anyone watched The League? I think a few of you lot will like it, it's about a bunch of friends who do fantasy football (NFL) and they're all terrible human beings to each other.
I've just found a good site to stream from as it's not on Netflix etc., not sure if we can post that in here but pm me if you want a really good website 😜

Check out the clip below and let me know what you think!

Looks entertaining - going to check it out. It is on DisneyPlus in AU.
Nick Kroll is one of the guys who created Big Mouth (Netflix), which is also a great / crude watch.

• Love
Reactions: bruce and Toookey
Toookey

Toookey

Looks entertaining - going to check it out. It is on DisneyPlus in AU.
Nick Kroll is one of the guys who created Big Mouth (Netflix), which is also a great / crude watch.

Yeah I love Big Mouth too, very crude haha.
Oh cheers for the heads up, I've struggled to find The League anywhere and have just seen it's on Disney in NZ too.

Reactions: ndp26
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

On topic though I binged Welcome to Wrexham recently.

Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney buy a 4th tier UK football club. Really good show even if you don't like football.
Off topic but many years ago I went to the Racecourse Ground in Wrexham to watch them playing an FA cup tie v Chelsea. Lad I knew was from there and insisted we went.

Shit midweek night game and bloody freezing. Anyhow, Chelsea had a thug called Micky Droy playing in defence and he kicked anyone who went near him. As the teams came out for the second half the Wrexham lot started singing:
‘Micky Droy’s a wanker’ on repeat. He went over and stood in front of the main stand and and conducted the singing with his arms:D:D

snake77

snake77

This is probably the best place to post this as it's a documentary.

I recently watched Class Action Park. The death trap of a water park they had in New Jersey in the 80s.

Then went on YouTube to look up some more on Action Park.

They had an enclosed hydra slide called the cannon ball loop which was basically a slide down the hill which went into a loop. The test dummies got decapitated and when it got better the owner offered employees $100 to go through it. Basically you go down the slide hit 9 G's and get thrown out.

Jaffa J

Jaffa J

This is probably the best place to post this as it's a documentary.

I recently watched Class Action Park. The death trap of a water park they had in New Jersey in the 80s.

Then went on YouTube to look up some more on Action Park.

They had an enclosed hydra slide called the cannon ball loop which was basically a slide down the hill which went into a loop. The test dummies got decapitated and when it got better the owner offered employees $100 to go through it. Basically you go down the slide hit 9 G's and get thrown out.

Have you seen the Johnny Knoxville movie based on Action Park

snake77

snake77

Have you seen the Johnny Knoxville movie based on Action Park
No. While searching on it, there was a movie and clips about it. I think the only thing I saw was an interview with him.

I might try and find it.

Mullayo

Can recommend Black Bird (about a drug dealer forced to be a jailhouse snitch with a serial killer - features Elton John actor and NZ's Robyn Malcolm - Outrageous Fortunes)
Also Tulsa King with Stallone. Mafia meets cowboys.
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo - K=Drama.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Mullayo

Quite enjoying The Recruit, it's like Jack Ryan crossed with The Office (US not that great)

Also, MIndhunter is much more worthwhile than I thought.

I read the books decades ago, but originally thought the whole fetishistic late 70s thing was going to drag it down. As someone who was a little kid during that time, seeing a reel-to-reel, dial phones and stylish gas guzzlers doesn't amaze or fascinate me enough to enjoy slow mo.

Fortunately, there is enough gory story to get past this,
I can't help but feel all these current retro shows dumb down the era, because the internet wasn't at our fingertips. Maybe it's because they're American, but everyone seems so stupid and pig ignorant. Not the case, people knew people, made decisions etc.