General Tv Shows - Whats Everyone Watching?

One of those shows I where u know it has a finite end, so was waiting until it was done before binging the last couple of seasons. Preferred to watch Breaking bad the same way
I haven't watch Better Call Saul yet. But I quite like getting on shows late or after they have completed to be able to binge all of it once or at least a large chunk of it.

When they were broadcast I only saw a few X Files episodes every so I didn't see the underlying conspiracies throughout the seasons. Think I only saw one episode of the Sopranos. Ended up binge watching those once they had completed. Breaking Bad I think I started when it was finishing. Also started NCIS when it was 4-6 seasons in.

It's a lot easier now with so much content available. Getting on shows early now is a debate between the Netflix style of dumping a season at a time or the Disney+ episode a week. The episode a week is good for talking about a show and you might be less likely to be spoiled compared to a whole season. My issue though with Disney+ is their style seems to be to cover their lack of content. Can't release a Star Wars show as Marvel have something coming out.

Reactions: Worried2Death

tajhay

🏉
Best. Ending. Ever. Amazing acting, script, cinemetography (look for the siginificant but hard to spot at first glance use of colour in two very important black and white scenes)

Amazingly well done, how the eff that show hasn't won any Emmys yet beats the hell out of me.

matiunz, you're in for a thrill when
the Russian comes back and he and Shireen kick ass!
yep yep. BB and BCS are just amazingly well done. So much depth. Loved going through the review videos of things that you may have missed...and so theres so many out there.

Amazingly well done, how the eff that show hasn't won any Emmys yet beats the hell out of me.
wow did not realise that. Truly bewildering. 0-39! Well this year should change that.

Vince Gilligan is a master story teller.

Bob Odenkirk and Giancarlo Esposito will be back soon in new (unrelated to BB/BCS universe) shows as AMC is creating new shows with them as respective leads.

Just finished Dark Winds from AMC. Set in the 70’s. Amazing scenery & a sharp, short season with no filler. Worth a watch if you liked Longmire.

Akkerz

Contributor
Hi Guys
Not wanting to derail the thread but just had a new TV installed & have offered the old set for free in the classifieds. Check it out

Last edited:
Reactions: Bushman
The latest season of Cobra Kai dropped last weekend.

Of all of the shows/movies mining old franchises at the moment this one does it the best. They use the legacy characters well instead of bringing them down and they managed to build new characters.

For me Chozen from Karate Kid 2 was one of the standouts this season.

Reactions: Inruin and matiunz

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Anybody watching GOT HOT D?
That's Game of Thrones House of the Dragon.

In Episode 1 the King named his daughter as his heir, but spoiler alert. She wont rule Westeros.

If you remember GoT, Dani asked Yara if the Iron Islands has ever had a Queen before and Yara said no more than Westeros... so is she not long for this world?

Keeps getting better every episode.....

wish i could say the same for rings of power..... one billion dollar disaster

Reactions: matiunz
House of the Dragon took a bit of used to getting to know the new characters and the earlier time frame it is set in. More as there is a lot of so and so of house hey I remember that name,

It looks like it is going to pick up over the next week or two.

Rings of Power had a lot of media hype behind it comparing the two and saying how much money has been spent and how great it looks compared to House of the Dragon. House of the Dragon looks like a lived in world.

From what I've heard the writing on Rings of Power is pretty bad. They try and lay themes through the episode but they fall flat. This is something Cobra Kai excels in where someone is talking about something but you see it through the other character or you see two scenes with different characters along the same theme.

Did anyone make it through Rings of Power?
Everything I've seen online makes it seem like this show was a struggle to get through. Episodes where barely anything happened. Then it looks like things will advance and they'll move the characters back where they were.

House of the Dragon took some time to get going but built the tension between the characters. Next season as the war (The Dance of the Dragon) starts will pick things up again.

The Disney+ Star Wars shows have been a bit of a mixed bag.

The Mandalorian was enjoyable. Pretty safe story telling but you see a lot of the galaxy. Season 3 should have a bit more Mandalorian lore. A lot should be set on the planet Mandalore itself.

The Book of Bobba Fett was a bit weird. I see what they wanted to achieve with the flash backs matching themes from the current events. But it came out like they were padding out the runtimes sometimes. They also gave him the Disney treatment. He's no longer ruthless, he'd prefer to sit down and talk. That is good for real life but its not the most appealing viewing. Also for padding out the runtime they spent two episodes without Bobba Fett even in it.

Obiwan Kenobi seemed to create more problems with the original movie. Another rather slow watch.

Clone Wars season 7 was good. The Ahsoka story arc in the middle was probably the weakest. The last arc linking with Revenge of the Sith was awesome.

The Bad Batch was good. The kid side kick is a bit over the top sometimes but it is an animated show aimed for a younger audience.

Tales of the Jedi were some nice quick stories.

Andor to me has been a bit of a surprise. I found the first 3 episodes boring as hell. But the rest have been a lot better with a story that covers across the galaxy.

Geoff Public

Contributor
Andor to me has been a bit of a surprise. I found the first 3 episodes boring as hell. But the rest have been a lot better with a story that covers across the galaxy.
That's a really good summation. I liked it. I found Rings and HoTD to be less than what I'd hoped.

I've also been watching The Serpent Queen about Catherine de Medici which I've enjoyed most.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Did anyone make it through Rings of Power?
Everything I've seen online makes it seem like this show was a struggle to get through. Episodes where barely anything happened. Then it looks like things will advance and they'll move the characters back where they were.

House of the Dragon took some time to get going but built the tension between the characters. Next season as the war (The Dance of the Dragon) starts will pick things up again.
Watched it, loved lotr movies, even though they over padded and milked the shit out of a book still enjoyed the hobbits movies. However struggled to get into this series and for the most part pretty boring and uneventful. The Galadriel actress annoyed me with her over dramatic acting. New character wise only characters that seemed interesting to me were the Elrond and the dwarves the rest were largely forgettable. Not sure what it was but it just didn’t seem to flow off the movies that proceeded it.
Right off the bat HOTD held my attention, felt like a continuation (despite being a prequel) of GOT really enjoyed it. Felt like better call Saul after breaking bad