Fazz

Fazz

Just the type of rubbish thats uncalled for. Keep hating on a kid that is living the dream to make yourself feel superior...

You do know what a joke is, right mate? I'm aware that he didn't play against the Storm. You'll also notice that the second post was before the season proper, hence "have moved on, too busy enjoying being a fan, don't miss him"

Yeah, the second post is harsh, but it's pretty hard not to think badly of a guy that self-admittedly spat the dummy because he wasn't being played in a position he wanted. Yes the club fucked his development, yes he could have handled it better.

I hardly see how saying 'His form in the first game wasn't anything phenomenal. Not worth bagging, not worth missing.' in my most recent post is hating.

But whatever, be more salty that he's not, oh, what was it? Oh yeah, 'A superstar with more potential than Shaun Johnson'. You're also aware that random chip n chase doesn't count as having a 'great footy brain' as well, right?

But whatever, I'm moving on as I mentioned. Until Tui wins/loses us a game against the Tigers, he can do his thing. Good for him. I'm happy he's gone, I'm happy if he's enjoying his footy again.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users

TripleL

I'm with you totally. Not missing anyone we've let go over the past couple of years, Matalino included. We're a changed team and their outlook on life was part of our problem... at least in my opinion.
Good luck to them, but we're in a better place thanks very much.
1000%
If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.
Sometimes at change is best for both parties.

Reactions: 1 users
Blain

Blain

Has found that the NRL is just a bit tough unfortunately, better grab that cash while it's there. If this happens, sort of reminds me of Carlos Tuimavave, who has gone on to have a great looking Superleague career. Great player through the ranks, plays first grade, but can't step it up.

Tui will always unfortunately have the "Cappys utility/project" player title hanging around his neck. I don't think it's good for anyone involved. It's just an easy thing to point the finger at.

I always thought he was a centre in waiting, Latrell Mitchell style. Doesn't have the kicking game/game management as an NRL half. Then Kata came along and never left.

Wonder if Hurrell will head over also, not sure he would last in that culture TBH.

Reactions: 1 user
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Over hyped right from the start.

Another example of U20's form does not mean NRL success.

Another example of talent only gets you so far.

Muhammed Ali - "Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."

Unfortunately with Tui, the will doesn't appear to be anywhere near strong enough to be even close to what skill he had, let alone be better than it.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

I do blame the Warriors to an extent with both Tui and Carlos. Clearly the club doesnt seem to prepare these guys for the knocks to their egos that the trial and error utility experiments create. Both of them never bounced back from it.

I think the U20s system failed many young guys in a lot of ways. Though there were supposed to be systems in place. Social media training was an U20s requirement, but it seemed to result in more public idiots, rather than less.

Some players seem to thrive on the utility challenges, while others fail.

Reactions: 6 users

AusWarriorsFan

A lot of aussies think we are over advantaged in NYC as our 17yos are the size of 25yos lol. I think its a bit Churlish.

I dont think NYC success is over hyped, i think its a case of the warriors dont know how to manage players and coach them through being a young person to an adult and how that maturity sits on the park. I also think Tui got messed around at the warriors and never recovered from it. He should have been our 6, Tommy ended up being another waste of time as much as i like him, Tui should have been playing 6 instead he played every position possible and was mentioned by even a few aussies for potential rookie of the year in which he did have a brilliant first year. From there it all fell apart. How do you coach someone for 5 different positions when they are use to playing 1.

I personally think its just another case of player mis management, something the warriors are pros at. At his peak in his first year he was sublime. I thought here is Shaun Johnson's partner when he was in u21. Of the 3 halves recently to make NRL from NYC sucesss, Lino clearly has the best all round skills. Hes not the fastest or the best stepper, but hes a genuine 7, a great game management player with great vision and supurb kicking in all areas (although his goal kicking his probably not a lot better than say johnson). Hingano and Tui are both 6s so probably a closer fit to Johnson but not a good partner to him. So I think all round the warriors won out with luck (for now).

Im sure Lolohea will do a Tommy and go to Eng, become a sensation, earn his worth and return to the warriors for 2 years and mess up our roster and chances of finals footy ala Tommy. Although nobody could have done it worse than Foran, I remember everyone on here grilling me for suggesting that it was a bad buy. Foran was just obvious, Lolohea is a bit hard to pick what the problem is, its not talent.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

He might get a chance to play in the halves and do ok over there.

Good luck to him.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
janfin

janfin

Seems to me that he always believed that he was better than anyone else but didn’t want to put that extra effort to make that a reality. In saying that I wish him all the best and hope that it works out for him

Reactions: 2 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Has found that the NRL is just a bit tough unfortunately, better grab that cash while it's there. If this happens, sort of reminds me of Carlos Tuimavave, who has gone on to have a great looking Superleague career. Great player through the ranks, plays first grade, but can't step it up.
Difference with the both of them is that Laurie Daley actually trained his ass off. He was just found wanting in the skills department. Tuimoala Lolohea on the other hand has all the talent in the world but still has that kids mentality where those skills will get him by without the hard yakka. Such a shame but the NRL has buried many a lazy but talented player. He won't be the last...

Reactions: 11 users

kos

A lot of aussies think we are over advantaged in NYC as our 17yos are the size of 25yos lol. I think its a bit Churlish.

I dont think NYC success is over hyped, i think its a case of the warriors dont know how to manage players and coach them through being a young person to an adult and how that maturity sits on the park. I also think Tui got messed around at the warriors and never recovered from it. He should have been our 6, Tommy ended up being another waste of time as much as i like him, Tui should have been playing 6 instead he played every position possible and was mentioned by even a few aussies for potential rookie of the year in which he did have a brilliant first year. From there it all fell apart. How do you coach someone for 5 different positions when they are use to playing 1.

I personally think its just another case of player mis management, something the warriors are pros at. At his peak in his first year he was sublime. I thought here is Shaun Johnson's partner when he was in u21. Of the 3 halves recently to make NRL from NYC sucesss, Lino clearly has the best all round skills. Hes not the fastest or the best stepper, but hes a genuine 7, a great game management player with great vision and supurb kicking in all areas (although his goal kicking his probably not a lot better than say johnson). Hingano and Tui are both 6s so probably a closer fit to Johnson but not a good partner to him. So I think all round the warriors won out with luck (for now).

Im sure Lolohea will do a Tommy and go to Eng, become a sensation, earn his worth and return to the warriors for 2 years and mess up our roster and chances of finals footy ala Tommy. Although nobody could have done it worse than Foran, I remember everyone on here grilling me for suggesting that it was a bad buy. Foran was just obvious, Lolohea is a bit hard to pick what the problem is, its not talent.

Lolohea is not Tommy. Tommy is a fearsome tackler. A great defender. Lolohea cant tackle to save himself. Tommy exudes guts and determination. Lolohea doesn't.

Reactions: 8 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Lolohea is not Tommy. Tommy is a fearsome tackler. A great defender. Lolohea cant tackle to save himself. Tommy exudes guts and determination. Lolohea doesn't.
That is a little unfair. You are mostly right, but Tui, as fullback for us, pulled off some quite special cover tackles, and has made some impressive chase downs of breaks. What he doesnt seem to do well is front on tackling, and self-motivating.

• Haha
Swanley

Swanley

Goneski

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/44778943

Tuimoala Lolohea: Leeds Rhinos sign Wests Tigers half-back for next season

_102458837_gettyimages-970690376.jpg

Tuimoala Lolohea played in the Tonga team that reached the 2017 World Cup semi-final
Leeds Rhinos have signed Wests Tigers half-back Tuimoala Lolohea on a three-year deal.

The 23-year-old Tonga international will join the Headingley side from his Australian club for the 2019 season.

"I am really excited, it is a long way from home but a different challenge for me and something I am looking forward to," he told the Leeds website.

"I want to be part of the Rhinos team and I can hopefully bring my energy to the game over there."

Director of rugby Kevin Sinfield added: "We are delighted to have captured a player of the quality of Tui for next season.

"It is rare in the modern game for any Super League club to sign an international class 23-year-old from the NRL and I am sure he will be a popular addition to our squad."

snake77

snake77

Good luck to him. He's going to one of the top clubs. He could end up winning some silverware.

Hopefully it works out for him and he matures. He can either forge a good career in the UK or come back later to the NRL. Hopefully we are not reading articles about him moving from Leeds down to lower clubs.

Reactions: 5 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Good luck to him. He's going to one of the top clubs. He could end up winning some silverware.

Hopefully it works out for him and he matures. He can either forge a good career in the UK or come back later to the NRL. Hopefully we are not reading articles about him moving from Leeds down to lower clubs.

He's still so young, potential for 10 years over there on solid money. Maybe that's his level of competition if he wants to play in the halves or at fullback?

Personally saw him in the centres for us and moving closer to the action further down the line but that wasn't to be.

Reactions: 3 users
Miket12

Miket12

Difference with the both of them is that Laurie Daley actually trained his ass off. He was just found wanting in the skills department. Tuimoala Lolohea on the other hand has all the talent in the world but still has that kids mentality where those skills will get him by without the hard yakka. Such a shame but the NRL has buried many a lazy but talented player. He won't be the last...
Exactly right. As I've already said about him earlier, Tui was told right from the juniors of the things he had to work on....and he didn't. His attitude saw him leave the Warriors.... and now the Tigers.

But, given the spine players the Tigers have recruited since he was signed with them, the writing was on the wall for a while.

Reactions: 4 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

Despite his inconsistency and sometimes terrible play (who can forget a couple of those shocking fullback performances) I always rooted for him hoping he’d finally dig in and with skill and guts,
command a starting halves spot.
Wasn’t to be so when he went to the Tigers I hoped the change of scenery would see him flourish. That wasn’t to be either and now he’s off to the ESL.
It’s a shame. Guessing the less intense Super League will probably suit him. See what happens I suppose.

Reactions: 1 user
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
It’s a shame as I liked Tui - or maybe the concept of him kicking arse in a Warriors jersey.

Several of us called it though - not even Uncle could save him.

Good luck kid - hopes it works out well.

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Despite his inconsistency and sometimes terrible play (who can forget a couple of those shocking fullback performances) I always rooted for him hoping he’d finally dig in and with skill and guts,
command a starting halves spot.
Wasn’t to be so when he went to the Tigers I hoped the change of scenery would see him flourish. That wasn’t to be either and now he’s off to the ESL.
It’s a shame. Guessing the less intense Super League will probably suit him. See what happens I suppose.

Well he definitely didn’t lack in the gut department

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

Over hyped right from the start.

Another example of U20's form does not mean NRL success.

Another example of talent only gets you so far.

Muhammed Ali - "Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."

Unfortunately with Tui, the will doesn't appear to be anywhere near strong enough to be even close to what skill he had, let alone be better than it.
Great quote.

Even better that it was said by someone that lived it. One talented human so very driven to overcome adversity...RIP the greatest sportsman of all time.