General Trials this weekend

jagz_old

I was at the open trials . . it wasnt a great standard.
Good in bursts.

just kept putting his hand for further minutes/games to make up numbers like many keen boys do.
Good on him.

But if he makes the final squad . .. "i'll eat my hat" lol.

But if your looking at half/utilities here are some 18/19 year old playing for the top fox clubs .. who have genuine ability

Just a few blokes who would have been much better.

Charles Gabriel - Mt Albert - clever half back / former development player
Pariti Matiu - Bay Roskill - clever hooker/half - bays player of the year
dion stevens - Papakura - Fullback/halve - super quick/mean footwork

Never mind youngsters going around and other around the country.

Verney the kid from Taranaki Prems rep team is a decent half too.

It is good to see halves getting opportunities at other clubs if not wanted by Warriors. I see Regan Verney is with the bulldogs NYC and think it his younger brother Jared with the Bulldogs SG Ball. Kauri Apouri from wellington was named in the roosters SG ball and Carlos Hotene may feature with Sharks NYC

hecticbrah_old

perhaps he should go play fox then and show whatever
talent he does have.
however against howick he did play better than the previous week. though he dropped that ball he did make it up for by setting up a nice try off the scrum for the winger.

i guess his only option is to play fox where his place in these current trials can be tested showing whether he should or shouldve of been there in the first place .

slaughterhouse.sa_old

perhaps he should go play fox then and show whatever
talent he does have.
however against howick he did play better than the previous week. though he dropped that ball he did make it up for by setting up a nice try off the scrum for the winger.

i guess his only option is to play fox where his place in these current trials can be tested showing whether he should or shouldve of been there in the first place .

Yeah i think he already plays prems for richmond. I think I seen him play fullback or hooker when I watched a sharman game.
So if he plays for them good . . .help them get promoted to Fox.

They have had a lot of vulcans/reps and jnr warriors recently.
Heaps of that trial on squad from vulcans were Richmond boys.

Think they have one more lot of trials this weekend.
So there another chance right there.
Perhaps try him at hooker too.

GTW!!_old

I think Adam Gerrard-Tuimavave is also a good contender for the halves roles this year in the NYC team. He's young and lacks confidence at times, but I've seen him play and he's one of those players who can spark up something out of nothing! A good defender and he's very tall, so I won't be surprised if they move him to the wing or full back cover in coming years to detonate those high bombs. Hopefully he gets puts on a little weight too.

There's another kid contending for Palavi's jersey in coming years, another Onehunga High School prospect who played 1st XV with Chris Ofanoa. He played last man in a couple of the trials and did very well wit the ball in hand, Sunia Hala. Explosive runner in the 1st XV grade as a loose forward, and played Auckland 18 divisionals whilst in school. Hopefully he gets a chance to show his talent in the coming seasons.

Does anyone know what happened to the Palmerston North Centre Ngani Laumape? Is he still in the frame for the NYC squad? He was a monster in 1st XV and played for the NZSS union team last year.

Norby_old

I think Adam Gerrard-Tuimavave is also a good contender for the halves roles this year in the NYC team. He's young and lacks confidence at times, but I've seen him play and he's one of those players who can spark up something out of nothing! A good defender and he's very tall, so I won't be surprised if they move him to the wing or full back cover in coming years to detonate those high bombs. Hopefully he gets puts on a little weight too.

There's another kid contending for Palavi's jersey in coming years, another Onehunga High School prospect who played 1st XV with Chris Ofanoa. He played last man in a couple of the trials and did very well wit the ball in hand, Sunia Hala. Explosive runner in the 1st XV grade as a loose forward, and played Auckland 18 divisionals whilst in school. Hopefully he gets a chance to show his talent in the coming seasons.

Does anyone know what happened to the Palmerston North Centre Ngani Laumape? Is he still in the frame for the NYC squad? He was a monster in 1st XV and played for the NZSS union team last year.

He was very good during the trials, small workaholic little lock. Makes a heap of tackles and has a very good hit and spin when he has the ball in hand. Will be interesting to see if he gets a go this year.

I think Laumape is out till round 6 i believe, still carrying a knee injury from late last year.

slaughterhouse.sa_old

He was very good during the trials, small workaholic little lock. Makes a heap of tackles and has a very good hit and spin when he has the ball in hand. Will be interesting to see if he gets a go this year.

I think Laumape is out till round 6 i believe, still carrying a knee injury from late last year.

Yeah Hala is a little pocket rocket.
Quick feet and nuggety 13 or small prop.

I think he is contract and in the wider squad.
He just needs to finda fox club where he can get plenty of game time - needs a little more league experience.

I am confident he will get a game of two this year just like Ligia Sau & Setefano were called up last year.

Norby_old

Speaking of Hala, just talked to a very proud Uncle of his I met up with at work today. He says Sunia just signed with them and is still having to look for a club to play a little fox footy this year.

slaughterhouse.sa_old

Speaking of Hala, just talked to a very proud Uncle of his I met up with at work today. He says Sunia just signed with them and is still having to look for a club to play a little fox footy this year.

Good news .. . he is a little dynamo.
If he does go well at fox he will get game time.

If he went to Onehunga . i asumme he lives in Onehunga/Mangere.

Dont go to Otahuhu or Mt Albert (ackland fav. place to send them lol)
Way too much depth - experience. Ask guys like Malakai Houma & Likiliki spent most of the year playing reserves for mt albert (which is crapp footy imo). While Ofanoa ended up getting dropped to reserve then otahuhu 20s.

I would say Marist or Manurewa.

Manurewa have a young team and guys like Setefano, Sau, Bishop, Friend and Peta Hiku from Warriors nyc squad. Good core of players but they play young guys and will get game time.

Marist have a good number of young warriors players like Mike Sio, Adam Tuimavave. Mason Lino - he will crack topside there.

Another alternative woujld be Bay-roskill (blockhouse bay/bay roskill) however they are a bit of unknown this year. From memory they used have heaps of tongans.